Rivergate KW Residential Reviews

Updated Jun 12, 2020

2.8
Rivergate KW Residential President Marcie Williams
Marcie Williams
  1. "Amazing People to work with"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Winter Park, FL

I worked at Rivergate KW Residential full-time for less than a year

Pros

RKW made my employment experience an amazing one. My superiors Lizzette Herron was always available and committed to our team's success. I am sad to be leaving, but look forward to maintaining relationships in the future. Corporate, HR and marketing were engaged, talented and friendly . i wish RKW many successes.

Cons

I do not have any cons to list.

2. "Great Start- Turned Toxic"

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager

I worked at Rivergate KW Residential full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Only “pro” is decent pay

Cons

No training or onboarding. Unethical leadership. Lots of office politics. Lack of diversity. Human Resource department is anything but a “resource”. No company culture. Mandatory systems are not efficient.

3. "Great Company !!"

I have been working at Rivergate KW Residential

Pros

I believe this company is awesome! It’s still growing but growing in a good direction. They appreciate their employees and go above and beyond! I would recommend anyone to work here!

Cons

EVERY company has cons but I don’t have anything major to complain about.

April 13, 2020Maintenance Technician

Thanks for sharing your positive feedback! Please feel free to reach out to hr@rkwresidential.com with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share.

4. "Make a run for it!"

I worked at Rivergate KW Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro is that I no longer work here!

Cons

Of course every company has some cons but this one takes the cake. - great big ideas, but doesn’t know how to put them into action. -corporate staff is a joke. If you are not friends with one of them, you’re doomed. You won’t be promoted if aren’t apart of the “in” crowd. - They have way too many property managers that are incompetent. - Does not put the well-being of employees first. - HR Department is useless and does not provide assistance unless you harass them. Even then you get a second-rate response. -They don’t pay for nor offer employee advancement courses, (ie NALP, CAMS) -Has tons of policy’s that say a lot, but at the same time, nothing at all. -No Christmas bonus or company Christmas party - Mediocre Pay - favoritism, favoritism & more favoritism -ILM

Continue reading
  5. "The worse Property Management company ever"

I worked at Rivergate KW Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can not think of any.

Cons

The hiring process lacks. If you work efficiently, and have confidence in your knowledge DO NOT APPLY! If you have no clue about the industry, please apply. I’m sure you’ll promote very quickly. HR is the absolute worse. The corporate office should be ashamed. A office full of friends without any knowledge of what’s happening on a day to day basis on their sites. No support at all when needed.

April 13, 2020Maintenance Technician

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to hr@rkwresidential.com with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right if you give us another chance.

6. "Fast Pace and Fun"

Former Employee - Community Manager in Durham, NC

I worked at Rivergate KW Residential full-time for less than a year

Pros

RKW is a tight knit company - if you're looking for somewhere to work that you can truly just pick up the phone and get someone, this is it. You will make friends, you will make great connections, and have a blast doing it. This pace is not for the faint of heart as it is growing at an amazing rate, but if you are someone who enjoys hitting the ground running and can do that, this is the company for you. You will work hard, but you will get PAID for that work - they don't lowball for the sake of cutting costs - they pay very generously. The Regionals, RVP's, and President know their clients and work WITH them and not just for them. I've been in positions where getting something approved is like pulling teeth - not RKW - they present it fashionably and timely, and they get you what you need. A lot of the training is web based and you can feel a little lost in it but once you have the swing, it's pretty straight forward. The Business Support team here is PHENOMENAL - this is not a team that will let tickets pile up - they again make sure you get what you need. When new products or procedures roll out - they do take the time to make a call or webinar or training day of it, not just send a quick SOP update out and expect everyone to get it in the first round - they want you to succeed and give you the tools to do it. I am only no longer with RKW due to a property sale - I was presented an opportunity to stay with RKW and simply chose to stick with my community and location for personal reasons that had they not been present would likely have resulted in me staying with the company and taking on the new challenge. The PTO benefits are standard (and let's be honest standard is a pretty good package) holidays are fair, and health insurance package is tiered so you can choose what best fits your needs and price range - it's also REALLY good coverage!

Cons

My only con would be Compliance Depot - they are the least impressive of vendor credentialing companies I've experienced so far. If there is ever a chance to change to a different one I'd lobby for it in a heartbeat.

March 11, 2020Maintenance Technician

Thanks for the positive feedback! It's great to hear your experience was so positive.

7. "Look Elsewhere"

I have been working at Rivergate KW Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some people that are friendly.

Cons

There is no training in place for any position - you’re thrown in and hope you do well. HR is a complete joke, they don’t have any clue what they’re doing nor are they any help if you do go to them for any reason. The only complexes we continue to get are places no other company would want. Policies change literally every single day and there’s no follow through with them. The company has zero organization.

March 5, 2020Maintenance Technician

Thank you for taking the time to give RKW your feedback! We have considered them and will act upon it. If you have any suggestions to help RKW continue improving, please feel free to share.

8. "the worst decision of my life"

Former Employee - Maintenance in Miami, FL

I worked at Rivergate KW Residential full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you don’t have experience as a manager you can work here

Cons

Everything !!!! Be sure to read the company policy before your start working with them because it does not benefit the worker all

March 11, 2020Maintenance Technician

Thanks for the feedback! We are disappointed to hear about your unsatisfied experience. We will look into and make the necessary changes right away.

"THIS COMPANY IS COMPLETE TRASH!"

Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Rivergate KW Residential full-time

Pros

There are no pro's everything and everyone is a headace

Cons

Well firstly, I applied to one community, got a call to interview for a different community than what I had applied for and ended up getting a position at a completely different community. Honestly this should have been my red flag right there. When I start the job, the office was a complete mess! I started paying bills on my first day because bills were not getting paid, there were bills dated back to the FIRST of last year! There seems like there are always constant issues that never get resolved. The company has a high turn over rate with employees and residents. They expect you to do so much, like make sure all reports are done on time while they will send them out the day they are due, while calling prospects and touring. I give them a -20 stars. Word to the wise, don't work for them...PERIODT!

March 28, 2020Maintenance Technician

We regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us. Our HR team is reviewing your comments for improvement opportunities. Our associates are our most valuable asset and feedback is critical to helping us make positive change.

"Unprofessional"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at Rivergate KW Residential full-time

Pros

I really wouldn't recommend working here

Cons

Extreme turnover, even amongst people that hold the highest positions in the company. Very unprofessional staff.

Found 24 reviews