Riverside Community Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Scott M. Bock

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great exposure to a wide variety of careers in mental health and other helping professions (in 8 reviews)

• My boss and I had a great relationship and I was able to grow and learn a lot during my time there (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Non-profits can see a lot of burn out but that happens everywhere, Riverside has lots of little benefits that help to offset this (in 6 reviews)

• There is very little room for advancement and the pay is very low for the work that is required (in 3 reviews)

1. "Amazing place to work and grow"

I have been working at Riverside Community Care full-time

Pros

Management is supportive and I have awesome co-workers which makes this my favorite place to work. You feel the impact that you make here and it is a great feeling - Lots of room for advancement with all the programs across MA.

Cons

Really can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your employees - it means a lot to everyone who works here.

2. "Love it here"

I have been working at Riverside Community Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the first place that I have felt like my voice is actually heard. The upper management wants to hear you out and even when they can't make changes they take your words into consideration.

Cons

Advice to Management

keep on listening to your people who are on the front lines, it means more than you know!

3. "Corporate Employee"

I worked at Riverside Community Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-I worked with some of the best people I've ever met and developed really close friendships with my peers
    -My boss and I had a great relationship and I was able to grow and learn a lot during my time there
    -I interacted with the CEO on a regular basis and he has a great rapport with employees, no matter where they work in the company
    -I had no background in mental health and learned a lot about the industry while I was there

Cons

-Like any non-profit, the pay isn't amazing
    -There wasn't room for growth in my particular department which is why I ended up leaving
    -Projects would get bogged down because of the number of people they had to go through
    -Some critical hiring mistakes were made and not well corrected in the time I was there, so I saw a lot of unhappiness in those departments

Advice to Management

Keep good people around by making sure they have solid managers

4. "Crisis clinician"

Former Employee - Crisis Clinician in Milford, MA
    Former Employee - Crisis Clinician in Milford, MA

I worked at Riverside Community Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team, supervisor was very supportive and focused on helping team members to grow professionally

Cons

Pay was not great. And if you worked overtime, your time would go on a different time sheet, and you would get paid a lower rate for your overtime than for your regular time. Attention to safety was not always adequate.

Advice to Management

If you need to use overtime hours, compensate fairly.

Sep 8, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

A supportive supervisor and team are so important! We are happy to hear that you found that support at Riverside. We are concerned to hear about any overtime pay concerns. Can you please contact us... More

"Poor Support from Senior Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

I worked at Riverside Community Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great group of dedicated clinicians and paraprofessionals that provide high quality services to individuals in need of MH services.

Cons

There are not enough safety protocols or relevant safety trainings to prepare and train staff to respond to the level of aggressive and dangerous behaviors that some of the clients present with.
    There is a lack of adequate supervision available for clinical staff. There is very little room for advancement and the pay is very low for the work that is required.

Advice to Management

Provide more support for your staff that are working in the field. Take the time to research and provide relevant and necessary trainings for your clinical staff and make the safety of your staff a priority.
    Senior management are too far removed from the work that the field staff are doing to really understand what training and supervision are needed- utilize your senior field staff to help figure this out. Senior management is not open to hearing from or working with field staff and this creates a poor and negative work environment.

Aug 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

We are concerned about the issues you raise and would like the opportunity to talk with you. Please consider contacting us in Human Resources at 781-320-5312.

"Good to start, but please don't stay"

I have been working at Riverside Community Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is evident people care about the people we serve

Cons

-Pay is awful, and no raises
    -Little to no room for advancement
    -Senior management is full of micro-managers which makes for an extremely uncomfortable work environment
    -Work is tedious and often non-rewarding
    -It seems like in every department there are HUGE issue with the management, but the CEO never does anything about it - and we wonder why there is high turnover

Advice to Management

Listen to the needs of the staff, don't waste time doing staff surveys on engagement if you don't even make changes. They try to emphasize a "community" feel - but it is anything but, it is an uncomfortable and tiring place to work.

Aug 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

"Riverside Community Care."

Current Employee - Community Support Counselor
    Current Employee - Community Support Counselor

I have been working at Riverside Community Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rewarding work. Co-workers are more like family.

Cons

Management can be inconsistent. Been working here for a year have no received a review. Pay is low.

"House Manager"

I have been working at Riverside Community Care full-time

Pros

Employees believe in the services provided and what the company stands for.

Rewarding work - Assist clients to work on goals to improve their life.

Great benefits - lots of paid time off

Great resume builder

Cons

Mentally, physically and emotionally draining

Micromanagement

Advice to Management

Middle management could use additional training in both leadership and management.

9. "Riverside was a great choice"

I have been working at Riverside Community Care full-time

Pros

Great company culture, Family feeling, Respectful work environment

Cons

I feel like there are not a lot of cons in working here.

Advice to Management

I think management is doing well. The investment in our new systems is very much appreciated.

10. "Emergency services clinician"

Former Employee - Clinician in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Clinician in Boston, MA

I worked at Riverside Community Care part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being able to work between hospital, community and schools resulted in being a great learning experience. Every day was something new. Coworkers are supportive and willing to help each other if needed.

Cons

Administration was going through a lot of changes which also impacted employees. Training to new employees especially those with little to no experience would be very helpful.

Advice to Management

More supportive of employees