Rl Schreiber Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jay Ronald Frump

1. "Exciting times in old company"

Current Employee - Management in Pompano Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at Rl Schreiber full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best reason to work at R.L. Schreiber is being a part of the success the company is now experiencing. The leadership of the company has created a winning environment and strong department teams working together to solve challenges and create success. The family has always been involved and supportive and that continues today. This is one of the best places I have ever worked at!

Cons

The company has made several changes in the organization and the way things are being done. That can be frustrating and challenging for some people. But the results they are achieving are impressive, so I think given more time, that will become more broadly accepted and supported.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and for making this a GREAT place to work once again!

Feb 8, 2017

Glad to see that our valued employees now see the positive changes that are taking place in our company and the very positive results we are now achieving.

2. "On the Right Track"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at Rl Schreiber full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Recent changes in CEO and management team have produced many positive changes in the company structure and culture. Getting back to the family feeling that existed for many years. Company is refocusing attention to training and advancement for the employees. RLS is a fun place to work at again.

Cons

Changes are not always easily accepted by all employees, but the company is committed to building a strong and sound foundation for the future.

Advice to Management

Keep knocking down the barriers to change and encourage feedback from team members.

Feb 8, 2017

Very nice to see these comments, which I think you would find more prevalent now in our company. Success breeds success!

3. "A company that has lost their way"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

I have been working at Rl Schreiber full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay check is nice to have.

Cons

To many to keep up with.

Feb 8, 2017

Always tough when we have had to make some difficult decisions along the way to create the right team that we now have in place. It is not surprising to see these comments from former employees that ... More

5. "Stay away from this one."

I worked at Rl Schreiber full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They use to be a great company . They cared about the distributors and the employees.

Cons

They don't care. Upper management is lost and can't relate to the people. Don't understand the word independent distributor. It's a shame some of the people they have allowed to run the company.

Feb 8, 2017

Several of our Independent Distributors have felt the impact of our company reorganization, most have benefited from these changes. A few that were struggling or not following company procedures and ... More

6. "A New Day"

I have been working at Rl Schreiber full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Close Family Feel environment mixed with a driven, enthusiastic approach to business.
    New leadership is driving the company to great heights.
    Solid Brand

Cons

I can see that some employees are scarred by previous management decisions, but in no time that will change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the current progress!

Feb 8, 2017

Thanks for the very positive comments. We will continue to work hard to produce great results and a fun company to work for.

7. "Generally a pleasant place to work."

Current Employee - Production in Lebanon, KY
    Current Employee - Production in Lebanon, KY

I have been working at Rl Schreiber full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family owned clean and new easy to take pride and ownership in.

Cons

Difficulty getting promotions and raises they expect more for nothing.

Advice to Management

Cultivate the good people you have working there compensate them fairly and experience less turnover. You have a quality workforce take care of them.

Feb 8, 2017

Thanks for these valuable comments and management hears you and is looking into making our opportunities and compensation programs more competitive and rewarding for the future.

8. "Asst Controller"

Former Employee - Assistant Controller in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Controller in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I worked at Rl Schreiber (Less than a year)

Pros

Family owned business with good hearted family members. Most of the people working there are
    good people and care about what they do and the company

Cons

The accounting department management is very difficult to work with and please. Shows partiality to certain members of staff and criticizes others. Uncertain of own capabilities and feels threatened when questioned.

Advice to Management

You have good people working for you, listen to them.

Feb 8, 2017

One of the employees lost along the way. We appreciate your honest and heartfelt comments. Communication and team building are important to us and we are working everyday to improve.

9. "Professional personnel needed"

I have been working at Rl Schreiber full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family oriented, co workers get along, no micro managing. Good concept

Cons

Wow, I wish family members would step back and let he professionals run this place. They would make this company expand the way they would like it to. No one has one single job function here. Go see the CFO for an HR issue or the family member who clearly does not understand It and could make a legal liability. They try to make you feel stupid sometimes when you ask a question, but I think it's a personal problem on them cause I think they don't have the professional experience to manage it or think outside the box.

Advice to Management

Everyone is starting to get really tired of the mismanagement and internal arguments with the family. Whether a nice place to work or not, it just looks really unprofessional. Hire top management not just the family member who got sick and tired of staying home all day.

Feb 9, 2017

Can't comment on this, as the new CEO that has been in place for the past 18 months, I have yet to see any of this type behavior, in fact the family has been very supportive of the recommended ... More

10. "The children are running this family owned company into the ground. Very sad."

Former Employee - Professional Babysitter in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Professional Babysitter in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Rl Schreiber full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Provided steady income for many years. Do not require a college degree. It is a true testament to the quality of company that the father started many years ago that this place is even still running.

Cons

Absolutely NO loyalty. I witnessed employees who had made great sacrifices for the company get dumped on by the Schreiber family. Benefit package is just ok - moderate health insurance, no matching on 401K. All extras have been cut so the morale is incredibly low at this point.

Advice to Management

Where to start? Do not build a plant in the middle Kentucky and and ask employees in S. Florida to leave their lives behind to move to the middle of nowhere. Do not go over budget and time frame on this project that is supposed to "revolutionize" the company. Do not hire 3 CEO's in 5 years. Do not let the family make crucial decisions as they have no outside perspective and a history of making poor business choices.

Feb 8, 2017

It is true, the company did have its challenges in the past, and yes several CEO's passed through the company in a relative short time, and of course this was before the time of the current CEO, but ... More

11. "Dont waste your time working here"

Former Employee - Management in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Management in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Rl Schreiber full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good place to work if your part of the Schreiber family

Cons

Family owned business with five owners none of which have any kind of degree or outside experience
    Poor leadership
    Low wages

Advice to Management

Fire the owners and recruit professional management

Feb 8, 2017

Unfortunately a disgruntled former employee. Need I say more? None of these pro and con comments are valid. They have hired professional management and are enjoying record breaking success!