Road Rebel Global Reviews | Glassdoor

Road Rebel Global Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2019

Found 24 reviews

3.1
Road Rebel Global CEO Brian Liebman (no image)
Brian Liebman
  1. "Wonderful Company Headed in the Right Direction"

Current Employee - Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Road Rebel Global full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wonderful team of colleagues and managers. Casual and open office environment with music, dogs, and BOC. Ability to work remote (with management approval). Travel benefits. Hotel vendors bring in meals, treats and swag. Hotel vendor events/dinners. Comp show tickets.

Cons

Coordinators are on call 24/7 to help with on the road emergencies, however we are not always paid or compensated correctly for it.

Advice to Management

Keep the line of communication open and bring on the great new changes!

Road Rebel Global2019-06-28
  2. "Big Changes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Road Rebel Global full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is so much fun to be a part of here. Everyone enjoys showing up everyday. Company was recently bought out by a local guy and things are really changing here for the better I think. Also- the office is in a really cool location downtown!

Cons

they don't have tito's available for beer oclock on fridays? lol!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Road Rebel Global2018-12-21
  3. "Coordinator"

I worked at Road Rebel Global full-time

Pros

Fun Atmosphere Great Clients Network opportunities Owner that cares for his employees on a personal level. Dog friendly Company is growing. Great health benefits.

Cons

Growth opportunities in management are slow. Work life balance can be tough depending on which department your in. The Pay is good if you have a roommate or live in a small studio but to live on your own in San Diego you have to have a second job.

Advice to Management

Ask for feedback more and take the honest feedback to adjust. Follow through! There are always cliques (it’s not always bad, but when your not in one you can feel like an outsider) Keep growing and challenge yourself just like you challenge your employees.

Road Rebel Global2018-10-24

"Love my job!"

Current Employee - If You Work Here You Will Find Out in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Road Rebel Global full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked for the company many years and started here in my mid 20's. I honestly felt I have grown up in this company. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement within the company (you just have to ask for it!). I have worked in a number of positions within the company and honestly you never get bored unless you make it boring! Everyone is allowed their own opinions good or bad about working for Road Rebel,... but honestly it's what each person makes of it that determines their fate. If you are open minded, love working in a close group and have the willingness to learn then this is the place for you. Working here is like working with your family. We have our ups and downs, we laugh and we bicker but in the end we take care of each other and take care of our clients. If i felt i wasn't treated well or taken care of I wouldn't have been here this long nor would i still be here. Here's to many more years at this company and to anyone else that wants to jump on this train.

Cons

Not enough time in a day!

Road Rebel Global2018-07-13
  5. "Be yourself and succeed professionally!"

Current Employee - Housing Coordinator in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Road Rebel Global full-time for less than a year

Pros

Since I started working here I’ve felt right at home. They foster a supportive and uplifting work environment and really push you to do your best. They help you find the training you need and challenge you everyday. The team is made up of some of the nicest, unique and welcoming people I’ve ever met. The office is a relax yet professional vibe. We have dogs running around and music playing, but everyone here is... driven to succeed and do their best for their clients. It’s inspiring! I’m lucky to have found this place and get to work here :) they let me be myself, have helped me boost my own confidence and have pushed me to succeed professionally!

Cons

If you don’t care about others or aren’t a driven or organized individual, this would not be a good fit for you!

Road Rebel Global2018-05-19

"Anywhere but here..."

I worked at Road Rebel Global full-time

Pros

Good opportunity to learn the basics of entertainment travel

Cons

Management spends too many hours in meetings that do nothing productive. The workplace at Road Rebel is meant to be one of unity but managers play favorites and coordinators are encouraged to "tell on" other employees to gain favoritism. The high turnaround is not just at the San Diego office. The Amsterdam office also has a VERY high turnover. They don't pay for overtime, even though it's illegal, and they... constantly make you feel that you should be grateful if they let you leave a few hours early before a holiday weekend or buy you pizza.

Advice to Management

Grow up and start treating the company and employees with respect.

Road Rebel Global2017-06-22

"Multiple"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Road Rebel Global full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Young staff, location, dog friendly, beer o clock Friday's, comp show tickets, party atmosphere. Music and tv going, president on site open door policy.

Cons

Inexperienced managers resulting in inconsistent reviews, do not stand behind employees, lack of trust, no support, lack of training, and drama!

Advice to Management

Do what is right, treat your employees with respect and dignity. Lead by example and walk the talk, stay off social media at your desk and stop being fake and insincere. Give people notice before laying them off, it's the right thing to do!

Road Rebel Global2016-09-23

"Road Rebel - Unique Opportunity"

Current Employee - Trainer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Road Rebel Global part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Road Rebel is high energy from the moment you walk through the front door. Music playing, dogs running freely to greet you and friendly, outgoing employees. If you are a go-getter who loves the entertainment industry and truly excels in a consistently fast-paced environment than you will find a home here. Our clients do not accept mediocre service - their expectation is that we are dependable and always go... above and beyond for them. This expectation and our reputation drives the environment and pushes us to hold one another accountable to delivering exceptional service.

Cons

Ours is a deadline driven environment. We are consistently busy. Our clients are touring or on location filming - life on the road is not always predictable. Challenges will arise that require immediate solutions. If you are not able to change course quickly to tackle issues and meet unexpected deadlines, than you will ultimately not be happy or successful at Road Rebel. Everyone loves our environment but you... have to love the work to truly find this to be your career choice.

Advice to Management

Our first choice is to promote from within. There is plenty of opportunity for inter and cross-department training. Take advantage of these opportunities if you want to stand-out as an employee on the rise!

Road Rebel Global2016-05-09

"Limited Income, no career path, poor benefits"

Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Road Rebel Global for more than a year

Pros

You can bring your dogs to work on certain days Music Co-workers are great Annual Meeting out of the office Open office environment

Cons

It's an operations company trying to do something they are unfamiliar with, which is building sales. The top three are dysfunctional, bad at communicating, and change their story to the staff consistently. It feels like a poorly run cult. Lack of leadership and too many managers for such a small company plus the owner is stubborn and narrow minded. Stay away! Sinking Ship!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Build a legit career path for employees and it won't be a revolving door

Road Rebel Global2016-05-27

"Not what they claim to be"

in San Diego, CA

I worked at Road Rebel Global

Pros

Dogs, music and an employee base that cares about their clients. The department managers work hard to do their best to support the employees with what they are given.

Cons

The company does NOT pay overtime to employees which is illegal and they try to say it's ok because they give you time off on other days. The top three are dysfunctional, bad at communicating, and change their story to the staff consistently depending on what seems like their mood. They play favorites for some staff in jobs, pay, and accomodations. They are not intetested in changing anything or looking at new... angles. They do not like to be challenged or even think they might be wrong about something and they do not trust the staff or management.

Road Rebel Global2016-05-19