Robert Bosch Tool Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Roger Amrol

Pros
  • work life balance good package of remuneration (in 7 reviews)

• Robert Bosch Took Corp is a great company (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work-life balance, too may processes make doing simple tasks difficult (in 3 reviews)

• Management blames their sales force vs upper management admitting they were wrong (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company to work for!!"

Former Employee - Finance
    Former Employee - Finance

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Robert Bosch Took Corp is a great company. One of their greatest strengths is their associates. They value and provide for the associates in countless way - great benefits, training, health and wellness awareness, opportunities for growth.

Cons

I can't say anything negative about this company. I feel that Bosch as a whole is a great place to work. They value their employees, which is turn creates a great work environment and employee morale.

Advice to Management

I would say to keep doing what you're doing. You are forwarding thinking and success driven. You have continued the solid foundation upon which the company was founded. It is rare to find this kind of dedication to a company that is embodied in the management of Bosch.

2. "I been with the Company almost 16 years and the location for me is Convenient."

Current Employee - Team Lead in West Memphis, AR
    Current Employee - Team Lead in West Memphis, AR

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I Enjoy doing My Job and Very Knowledgeable of what needs to be done to fulfill my daily tasks. I'm comfortable working with anyone and don't mind helping wherever I can. I'm Definitely a People person and Love to learn new things and processes to help do my Job and the Company.

Cons

There aren't enough Opportunities to move within the company to make more money. Need more people that's Willing to learn and Want to learn.

Advice to Management

Management Needs to Take more time to Learn how each Department operates and the responsibilities of the Supervisor and Team Leads. They need to know the Requirements and what it takes to run each area.

"Change needs to start from the top"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in Mount Prospect, IL
    Current Employee - Brand Manager in Mount Prospect, IL

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Depending on who your manager/team is, this can be either a great place to work. There is room for growth and getting promoted in 1-2 years is extremely likely. Ability to move around in the company. Work from home 1 day a week. 6-8 weeks paid maternity leave.

Cons

Salaries are low compared to market rate. Great 401k match and pension but it does not best until the start of your 4th year. Increase in vacation time doesn't happen until year 3. Ineffective leaders at the top. Visits from German leaders results in last minute horse and pony show. Company is unwilling to spend money to be innovative. A lot of positions that could be eliminated for less layers. Purchasing team is a joke and an example of an internal hinderance to business. Too many layers to get business done. After a while there you can hit a ceiling in jobs since it becomes about who you know and your politicking abilities. Every year they change their summer hours policy to be worst and worst.

Advice to Management

Realize you are not a leader in NA and start making investments to get there. Treat employees better in terms of benefits.

5. "Sales in the field is asking to be fired ASAP."

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pros don't exist but they love to tell you how great they are and how changes are coming. Changes?!?? Yeah cutting jobs and budgets but still expect 15% growth. Get real!

Cons

Unrealistic goals
    Management blames their sales force vs upper management admitting they were wrong.
    Horrible pay
    Bonus structure is at a high school level pay grade.
    Develop and make products without advice from a well respected and senior sales force. So products are wrong!!!
    Reason why is they do not want to hear the truth.
    They can't handle the truth. I mean it.

Dozen more cons but won't keep going.

Advice to Management

When we quit you finally ask us what we can do better to improve the company and role--/we lie to you because if we told you the truth you would think we were disgruntled and as I stated before---you can't handle or accept the truth. Seen it a thousand times. You will never admit the plans and people in place are wrong and it must be a lazy sales force. Pull your head outta your back side.

6. "Changing daily."

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Lincolnton, NC
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Lincolnton, NC

Pros

Plant still operating, and expanding. Hiring more people. No one hurt bad. Safety is a big concern at this plant.

Cons

Not enough appreciation for employees. New hires getting more advantages than older. No communication between supervisors and employees. Human resources is a joke. Never have time for employees. No support system.

Advice to Management

Christmas bonuses would be outstanding. More support for questions regarding machines. Just act like it's more about the associates and not money.

"Marketing manager"

Former Employee - Channel Marketing Manager in Mount Prospect, IL
    Former Employee - Channel Marketing Manager in Mount Prospect, IL

Pros

Good company for those trying to get jobs from us to europe

Cons

Bosch power tools is only interested in retaining employees in milinneum age. Management actually had meetings to ask how they can retain them. Major discrimination against older employees. No one was in attendance that was older and they thought it didn't get out. Have teams to get rid of people. Pay bonuses 4 months after year end. Numbers are not shared. Percentages change. They find someone to blame. Got rid of older sales force. See a pattern?

Advice to Management

Start caring about your North American employees. Stop trying to only reward the people who give you some kind of excuse and don't do their job just because they are milinneums. Stop blaming the older workforce.

8. "Product Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Products and Great people to work with.

Cons

No Cons, just not enough time to master my new role.

9. "Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work colleagues are intelligent, driven, and work well in teams. Everyone works for common goals and this is a credit to the senior leadership team. Working there is like getting an advanced degree in your subject matter and in management/leadership. Great opportunity to work with a large international company and with colleagues from all over the world.

Cons

Like all large global companies with an international headquarter, NA does not lead all initiatives but there are still many opportunities to contribute on a global basis.

Advice to Management

Keep on implementing great changes to advance the local culture.

10. "Marketing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large company
    Good benefits
    Learn best practices

Cons

Large company
    Over-processed / Slow to change

11. "H R Generalist"

Current Employee - Human Resource Generalist in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Human Resource Generalist in Memphis, TN

Pros

Bosch is an exciting and innovative company. It is fun to watch the cutting edge innovation across the multinational company.

Cons

Not too many options at the local level for career advancement.
    Overall, a great company.

Advice to Management

Need more employee engagement initiatives.