Robert Bosch Tool Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Robert Bosch Tool Corporation President and CEO Roger Amrol
Roger Amrol

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • CEO pushes for work life balance (in 12 reviews)

• Great company who looks after their employees (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work-life balance, too may processes make doing simple tasks difficult (in 4 reviews)

• Management blames their sales force vs upper management admitting they were wrong (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time

Pros

Great company who looks after their employees. Bosch simply does the right things and is a trustworthy employer and partner. Feels great to be a part of.

Cons

Very few. The organization changes frequently. Also, certain NA divisions do not enjoy the brand recognition as the ROW.

Advice to Management

Keep trusting and empowering your people.

2. "Bosch Tools District Sales Manager"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great field support, reputable company, great benefits, best 401K I've seen, not micro-managed, fabulous people to work with. I loved it!

Cons

The only downside is the compensation plan; I simply could not afford to work here.

3. "Not good-not bad"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Lincolnton, NC
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Lincolnton, NC

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good. Hours are good.

Cons

Some of the machines should be higher paid. Thier difficulty is is unrecognized by management. They probably have never touched the machine and yet they determine what the pay grade should be. The point system is whack! If you need to be out for anything ever (with the exception of a death in the family) you get at least 1 point. Even with a doctors excuse! I wrecked my car about 6 months ago and had to take a point because I literally had no way to work. Then if you acquire too many points they won't consider you for any other jobs. They baby the people who have been there 4000 years. I have been there 3 years and was trying to get on first shift to be with my husband (work/life balance is supposed to be a big thing there) They told me I would have to apply for jobs and wait to get something else. Ok, I get that. Well, another lady who has been there 10+ years decided that she didn't like being in the part of the building she was in and started whining to hr about it. Next thing you know, she's moved to the other side of the plant. No need to apply and wait for another position, even though her job had to be posted and filled. It seems a little unfair to me.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate the point system!!!! Stop with the favoritism.

4. "Director"

Former Employee - Director in Mount Prospect, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Collaboration among staff is good. Most groups are cooperative. Many dedicated associates that believe in the potential of the brands. Work life balance was good.

Cons

German parent believes that they understand the market better than the Americans and largely drive decision-making. This leaves local management little authority to drive strategy and planning. They are largely relegated to executing orders.

Advice to Management

Trust your local team to contribute to strategy and product planning.

"Change is constant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bonus program for all. Work from home days. Activities at work. CEO pushes for work life balance.

Cons

Products are stale. Too many lifers who don’t know to take chances. Company keeps doing the same things, but expect different results. Salaries are low. Management gets huge bonuses but hardly do anything. Promotions are a joke since they don’t come with pay increases. Very low morale on a departmental level. No company picnics or holiday parties. Promises are never kept. Too much internal politics. Sucking up to the right person gets you up the ladder. Lack of diversity in upper ranks. Too much red tape/approvals to get anything done quickly. Very CYA environment. Boys club... all about who you know.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the SL1s who add no value. Promote people who deserve it and PAY them instead of making them wait a year!!!! Completely unethical. Get with the times, flexible hours, more wfh days (including Monday and Fridays). You pride yourself on being a non-profit, but take care of your workers first!

6. "Needs work but has potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Pros

Ability to move around different roles
    Tuition Reimbursement
    Great Benefits

Cons

Limited growth options
    Leadership is not diverse
    Very silo focused, non-collaborative
    Lack of team development

Advice to Management

Focus on true talent not just the ones constantly talking about themselves. Include diversity in leadership. Improve the work environment to be more positive and collaborative.

"Abusive Environment, Lies, No Scope to grow"

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have option to Travel a lot, Learn if in right team, rich cultural History, Brand Value.
    Tuition fees

Cons

Sickening policies, blood sucking Manager. You get abused and threatened to be fired for no reason. And i saw few colleagues being fired on a Friday post Lunch. Reason was unknown. you are not allowed to work or add value to the company, rather follow Germany.
    Follow Timesheet for every hour of work ( justify every hour of work ).
    Promises are not kept. No compensation for working on holidays.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Managers. too many Managers to manage employees, you would save some money there. Hire people who get the work done. Done get Managers who have no idea of technology and just get to position because of being German or they were some VP's assistant. Teach the Managers not to abuse the resources here in US which they can't do in Germany.

8. "Business Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great environment, excited company to work for.

Cons

Communication from executives could be more open, but overall management give flexibility to associates.

"Losing ground in market place"

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Brand name is well recognized.

Cons

Inability of cordless market penetration has dropped Bosch to the 3rd or 4th choice among distributors.

10. "Purchasing"

Former Employee - Purchasing Manager in Mount Prospect, IL
    Former Employee - Purchasing Manager in Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, flexible schedule, superior company.

Cons

Nothing worth mentioning as cons.