Robert Bosch Tool Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Robert Bosch Tool Corporation President and CEO Roger Amrol
Roger Amrol

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Benefits, Lateral Movement, People, Work-Life Balance, Flexible Hours (in 12 reviews)

• Great company who looks after their employees (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work-life balance, too may processes make doing simple tasks difficult (in 4 reviews)

• Management blames their sales force vs upper management admitting they were wrong (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time

Pros

Great company who looks after their employees. Bosch simply does the right things and is a trustworthy employer and partner. Feels great to be a part of.

Cons

Very few. The organization changes frequently. Also, certain NA divisions do not enjoy the brand recognition as the ROW.

Advice to Management

Keep trusting and empowering your people.

2. "Bosch Tools District Sales Manager"

Former Employee - District Sales Manager
    Former Employee - District Sales Manager

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great field support, reputable company, great benefits, best 401K I've seen, not micro-managed, fabulous people to work with. I loved it!

Cons

The only downside is the compensation plan; I simply could not afford to work here.

3. "Mediocre Thru & Thru"

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Decent health benefits
    -Business casual dress

Cons

- Extremely low paying company with laughable raises even when you are consider a “high achiever”
    - Smart employees who do 99% of the work are leaving for companies who are willing to pay for talent
    - Too many processes and not enough flexibility to be successful
    - Bosch is all talk about the great company they want to be, but the people they hire in key position says otherwise.
    - You don’t succeed at Bosch by being smart or performing, its by who you go to lunch with if you are a middle aged white male
    - The worst thing is the culture is all about individuals, there is no team environment in any department. Everyone only cares about themselves and do not go the extra mile to help others. This is an extremely toxic place.

Advice to Management

Bosch really likes to tout that they care about people, but how about starting with your employees. Stop treating them as an acronym and only give upper management the huge bonuses and salaries. Pay your employees and reward the hard work.

"Managers Everywhere, No Leaders"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good 401k, work from home, and pension.

Cons

Bosch is losing ground and being run by the sales department. Everything is urgent and no clear strategies are found. There are many restructures going on and they are constant. Group managers and upper management get to their position via tenure vs. ability. So many incompetent managers who have no idea what they are doing. There are plenty of lifers at Bosch cashing in without doing any work. 75% of the time your manager will not be smarter than you, which means there’s not much you can learn from them. Gossip and backstabbing is rampant. This company has the worst culture that I’ve ever worked at. Everyone is out for themselves and tries to make others look bad. Low salaries.

Advice to Management

Fix the company culture and who you put as a leader. The ones doing all the work without recognition isn’t the middle managers. You are losing talent everyday because you are living in the 90’s.

"Bosch"

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time

Pros

Benefits, Lateral Movement, People, Work-Life Balance, Flexible Hours

Cons

Lacking in upward mobility, not paid market value

"Not good-not bad"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Lincolnton, NC
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Lincolnton, NC

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is good. Hours are good.

Cons

Some of the machines should be higher paid. Thier difficulty is is unrecognized by management. They probably have never touched the machine and yet they determine what the pay grade should be. The point system is whack! If you need to be out for anything ever (with the exception of a death in the family) you get at least 1 point. Even with a doctors excuse! I wrecked my car about 6 months ago and had to take a point because I literally had no way to work. Then if you acquire too many points they won't consider you for any other jobs. They baby the people who have been there 4000 years. I have been there 3 years and was trying to get on first shift to be with my husband (work/life balance is supposed to be a big thing there) They told me I would have to apply for jobs and wait to get something else. Ok, I get that. Well, another lady who has been there 10+ years decided that she didn't like being in the part of the building she was in and started whining to hr about it. Next thing you know, she's moved to the other side of the plant. No need to apply and wait for another position, even though her job had to be posted and filled. It seems a little unfair to me.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate the point system!!!! Stop with the favoritism.

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in Mount Prospect, IL
    Former Employee - Director in Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Collaboration among staff is good. Most groups are cooperative. Many dedicated associates that believe in the potential of the brands. Work life balance was good.

Cons

German parent believes that they understand the market better than the Americans and largely drive decision-making. This leaves local management little authority to drive strategy and planning. They are largely relegated to executing orders.

Advice to Management

Trust your local team to contribute to strategy and product planning.

"Needs work but has potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Pros

Ability to move around different roles
    Tuition Reimbursement
    Great Benefits

Cons

Limited growth options
    Leadership is not diverse
    Very silo focused, non-collaborative
    Lack of team development

Advice to Management

Focus on true talent not just the ones constantly talking about themselves. Include diversity in leadership. Improve the work environment to be more positive and collaborative.

"Abusive Environment, Lies, No Scope to grow"

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have option to Travel a lot, Learn if in right team, rich cultural History, Brand Value.
    Tuition fees

Cons

Sickening policies, blood sucking Manager. You get abused and threatened to be fired for no reason. And i saw few colleagues being fired on a Friday post Lunch. Reason was unknown. you are not allowed to work or add value to the company, rather follow Germany.
    Follow Timesheet for every hour of work ( justify every hour of work ).
    Promises are not kept. No compensation for working on holidays.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Managers. too many Managers to manage employees, you would save some money there. Hire people who get the work done. Done get Managers who have no idea of technology and just get to position because of being German or they were some VP's assistant. Teach the Managers not to abuse the resources here in US which they can't do in Germany.

"Business Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great environment, excited company to work for.

Cons

Communication from executives could be more open, but overall management give flexibility to associates.