Robert Bosch Tool Corporation "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert Bosch Tool Corporation Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 3, 2019

3.3
Robert Bosch Tool Corporation President and CEO Roger Amrol
Roger Amrol
Pros
  • "A great place to learn and develop, meet people from different places and a great work-life balance(in 14 reviews)

• "good work environment, people are good(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "very bureaucratic German style structure(in 8 reviews)

• "Unless you know someone in upper management or you’ve to be a YES Sir/Mam guy(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Core Values"

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time

Pros

Excellent work environment and benefits

Cons

More opportunities for flexible schedules would help improve work life balance

Robert Bosch Tool Corporation2018-05-19

"Not a software development company"

Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Travel, stability and work life balance

Cons

Bad pay master. Upward mobility is very tough. Unless you know someone in upper management or you’ve to be a YES Sir/Mam guy. The common excuse you will hear when you ask about promotion you’re not social. So social here means listen all the nonsense and keep smiling. Go for team lunches with your money. As there is no budget for team lunch or team building. Important point working with Europe team is tough. Bureaucracy is at its best here. You will find architects everywhere and managers who can’t write code. Yet they call themselves “Software Company” lol To top it up they apply processes of manufacturing to software development. So clearly the leadership doesn’t care about software development or they don’t know software development. Either way by far they are not a software development company. This is because IT is not their core business. This clearly reflects in the way the leadership team and the way promotion happens. If you’re a software developer you’re the least important person in the organization. Especially Digital Business. Please stay away from this group or team if you’re coming from a software company. If you’re a software developer they don’t know what career track is for you or career path is for you. They will ask you to come up with one. God knows what is the role of HR and manager is for. You will hear all rosy stories from the leadership team during town hall meetings. Unfortunately it stays right there. It’s all talk not walk the talk. They don’t mean what they say. Leadership team evades and gets defensive if you ask critical questions.

Robert Bosch Tool Corporation2019-08-17

"Bosch"

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time

Pros

Benefits, Lateral Movement, People, Work-Life Balance, Flexible Hours

Cons

Lacking in upward mobility, not paid market value

Robert Bosch Tool Corporation2018-01-31

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Collaboration among staff is good. Most groups are cooperative. Many dedicated associates that believe in the potential of the brands. Work life balance was good.

Cons

German parent believes that they understand the market better than the Americans and largely drive decision-making. This leaves local management little authority to drive strategy and planning. They are largely relegated to executing orders.

Robert Bosch Tool Corporation2018-01-09

"Not good-not bad"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Lincolnton, NC

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is good. Hours are good.

Cons

Some of the machines should be higher paid. Thier difficulty is is unrecognized by management. They probably have never touched the machine and yet they determine what the pay grade should be. The point system is whack! If you need to be out for anything ever (with the exception of a death in the family) you get at least 1 point. Even with a doctors excuse! I wrecked my car about 6 months ago and had to take a point because I literally had no way to work. Then if you acquire too many points they won't consider you for any other jobs. They baby the people who have been there 4000 years. I have been there 3 years and was trying to get on first shift to be with my husband (work/life balance is supposed to be a big thing there) They told me I would have to apply for jobs and wait to get something else. Ok, I get that. Well, another lady who has been there 10+ years decided that she didn't like being in the part of the building she was in and started whining to hr about it. Next thing you know, she's moved to the other side of the plant. No need to apply and wait for another position, even though her job had to be posted and filled. It seems a little unfair to me.

Robert Bosch Tool Corporation2018-01-11
  6. "Great Company!"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation

Pros

- Fantastic environment! - Friendly colleagues who were incredibly intelligent - Very innovative - Ability to learn a lot - Work-life balance - Great support and resources

Cons

- As with all multinational organizations, there can be a delay in getting projects or initiatives moving.

Robert Bosch Tool Corporation2017-04-21

"Associate Marketing Manager"

in Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation

Pros

Learn best practices for business/marketing Smart and talented people Good entry-level job

Cons

Executive level management Work/Life balance over processed policies

Robert Bosch Tool Corporation2016-02-03
  8. "Review"

Current Employee - Software Engineer Intern in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Probably the best place I have worked till date. I miss the in - work basketball and coffee sessions. Perfect work and life balance.

Cons

The manager was kind of non friendly with all of the interns. Besides that everything was alright.

Robert Bosch Tool Corporation2015-07-21

"Don't joke about nazis"

in Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation

Pros

Bosch is a fairly stable company. GREAT benefits. Work/life balance was good. Most everyone is very nice, and people look at each other as a family away from home.

Cons

Very structured when it comes to advancement. Old world attitude of being in the same position for 3 years for no apparent reason other than it is a rule.

Robert Bosch Tool Corporation2015-03-19
  10. "Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

I worked at Robert Bosch Tool Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Business Unit organization encourages entrepreneurial mindset, the right level of autonomy & influence, and provides various leadership opportunities. Bosch has become significantly more flexible regarding work/life balance over the last few years (additional vacation, telecommuting, "summer hours"). Promotes diversity.

Cons

Complex worldwide organization and corporate policies make some tasks/projects more challenging to execute.

Robert Bosch Tool Corporation2015-02-11