Robert Half Finance & Accounting Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Robert Half Finance & Accounting Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer, Jr
Harold M. Messmer, Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Have been working for Robert Half for over 4 years and genuinely can say I have learnt more about recruitment in this time than I ever had done before (in 10 reviews)

• Interesting jobs and variety of assignments without the worry of being a contractor (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Robert half is nice recruitment company and all employees very good response (in 16 reviews)

• Just remember, you're just a number and you're not permanent (in 3 reviews)

"You get what you put in"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Robert Half Finance & Accounting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good management/well experienced
    great team
    good resources
    definitely a well-oiled machine

Cons

n/a, hard to pick something. It's been great so far.
    market uncertainty?

"Recruiting Manager"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Robert Half Finance & Accounting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The high caliber people I work with on my team. The resources and tools we have at our disposal are extremely helpful. Compensation is competitive and good. There is also a lot of flexibility once you've put in the proper time and built your business.

Cons

Not really a CON, but work/life balance is questionable. It's a commission based job, so in order to truly succeed and make a lot of money, you've got to put in a lot of time, but again, not a huge negative. Just means you need to learn good time management.

Advice to Management

Higher focus on development of new employees

"Salaried Professionals can do better on their own."

Current Employee - Salaried Professional in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Salaried Professional in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Robert Half Finance & Accounting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You never have to work over 40 hours unless the client approves overtime. Because the client is billed at a rate of just over 3 times your salary (!), it is highly unlikely that they would agree to overtime.
    The other Salaried Professionals I have had the pleasure to work with are extremely knowledgeable and have a vast array of experiences.

Cons

You are consistently placed into positions where you are overqualified, underutilized and underappreciated. Unlike temping, you are not in a position to refuse client work so if the work is truly grunt work, and most times it is, and the commute is horrible, too bad. No effort is made to find work you may enjoy or close to home. You are also frequently treated as a temp that threatens the jobs of permanent employees around you and you are rarely treated like a consultant.
    Your pay rate is hourly even though your offer letter will quote you an annual salary you will never hit. You are only guaranteed 37.5 hours every week if you are not on an assignment thus eliminating the possibility of hitting the quoted annual salary since your hourly rate is based on a 40-hour work week. Two hours of paid time off is accrued weekly which you are unable to take because then you will fall short of the hours necessary for the quarterly bonus which you will need to help make up the salary difference. You are also strongly discouraged from taking time off since it will interfere with the client’s needs.
    Benefits are supposed to be like other Robert Half employees but the HSA contribution is not available to Salaried Professionals. There also is no 401K match. If any perks are promised to you as a thank you for helping out with a client, get it in writing or it will disappear so fast you will think you imagined the conversation.
    The sales staff places professionals without understanding the work, and have no details regarding culture, work hours, dress codes, or parking. Robert Half will make you go through a background check, skill testing, and personality tests before sending you to a client. In addition, that client may have their own interview, background check, skill testing, and personality tests you will need to take even though you have already been cleared by Robert Half. Assignment lengths vary so if you’re looking forward to a short assignment be prepared to be there for a lot longer than originally told. If there is a problem of any kind with the client and you want out, good luck. The Robert Half sales staff will coddle then bully you into staying even though you know it is not right for you or the client.
    Before becoming a salaried professional, try getting a job on your own where you will make more money, have better benefits, and will have some job satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Shorting front line workers on pay and benefits is not a good strategy in the long run. Sales staff are pressured to hit numbers so no one actually cares about the salaried professional in any way. It's past time to start treating employees in the salaried professional program better.

"If you're looking for results, keep looking."

Pros

Great at selling dreams.

Cons

Even more efficient at not helping you achieve those dreams. Constantly getting your hopes up about roles that may never materialize, lest I forget their lack of communication skills.

Advice to Management

Stop getting candidates hopes up about roles you'll probably never make good on just to keep up with your quotas. This people's livelihood you're playing games with. I'd like to give a special thanks to Nicole Sayago whom I've worked with since December who must've reached out to me about 15 different roles yet sent me on 0 interviews. Most recently, she reached out to me about a role she "felt I was a good fit for" last week. I asked that she submit by resume. I hadn't heard back from her until I reached out this morning, an entire week later, for her to tell me they went with another candidate. Go figure.

"Where did the pros go?"

I have been working at Robert Half Finance & Accounting full-time

Pros

RH was once one of the top recruiting firms from my experience however the level of skilled recruiters has diminished over the years.

Cons

No follow through, no personalization, you are just a number on their job board. Please use a smaller firm you will get the attention that is needed.

"Don't sign up with this company if you want results"

I worked at Robert Half Finance & Accounting full-time

Pros

The company has no pros.

Cons

Best at "missing in action"

Advice to Management

Recruiters promise to help you during Facetime interview, then disappear completely, drop off from the face of the earth, and never respond to your calls nor e-mails. Don't sign up with this company if you want results!

"Bad leadership"

Former Employee - Division Director and Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Division Director and Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Robert Half Finance & Accounting full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Money, some very wonderful people

Cons

This was a wonderful place a few years ago. I was with the organization for roughly 10 years in total and was a top performer in my city every year. Regularly, I was actually the #1 in that respective market. Then, 2 years ago, a new manager came in and life went from basically perfect to miserable. There are several people who have either stepped out of their leadership positions or left the company because of this person. How does this continue to happen? I think it is probably because this person has had 3 bosses in 2 years and so no one has been closely enough involved with to see it.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to what is going on. If you suddenly have tenured producers leaving the company & stepping out of leadership roles, there is likely a reason.

"Management Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Management Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Management Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Robert Half Finance & Accounting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Placement professionals very nice to work with and with extensive industry reach and knowledge.

Cons

Company is not very transparent with consultants placed into positions with clients. Robert Half keeps (on average) 50% of the fees charged to client and "caps" what the consultant earns for them. Consultant's should be able to negotiate with Robert Half on their take home pay.

Advice to Management

As stated above in "cons".

"Salaried Professional"

Current Employee - Salaried Professional
    Current Employee - Salaried Professional

Pros

Lots of PTO; Paid weekly; Not your career, so you can leave it.

Cons

Salary; poor communication; bullying
    The client I was contracted to work for. gave me a job offer. Robert Half is bullying me to take the job.

Advice to Management

Better communication with your employees

"RECRUITERS NEED TO LISTEN TO JOB SEEKERS PREFERENCES"

Former Employee - Accounting in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Accounting in Houston, TX

I worked at Robert Half Finance & Accounting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're fresh out of college or not much experience or just looking for odd jobs here and there then Accountemps is perfect for you. Weekly pay, and great way to get your foot in the door to some really great companies and eventually get hired on.

Cons

Only paid holidays if you have over 1500 hours worked. Recruiters don't listen to job seekers preferences on position and pay.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to convince job seekers to take jobs with lower pay and positions we haven't worked in years.