Robert Half Reviews in London, UK | Glassdoor

Robert Half London Reviews

Updated October 11, 2017

London, UK Area (UK)

4.6
Robert Half Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Hard to have a work/life balance (in 122 reviews)

• The nature of recruitment is that you work long hours (in 106 reviews)

1. "Robert Half recruitment company review"

Current Employee - Director, MD in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Director, MD in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Robert Half full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

strong management/leadership, lots of career opportunities

Cons

you have to be prepared to work very hard. If you do the rewards are there

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing

Nov 22, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that even after more than 10 years, you are still finding your career at Robert Half rewarding.

2. "Average"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

nice people
    lower management are supportive

Cons

brutal environment
    made to feel like a outcast when you dont hit your target

Advice to Management

dont call people out in front of others

Jun 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time at Robert Half. All the best for the future.

3. "Working at Robert Half"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Robert Half full-time

Pros

The environment and culture working at Robert half is second to none. I Have friends that have come from other recruitment companies to my company and they all say nowhere they have worked previously compares, . The reason I first had an interest in joining Robert half is because they placed me in an accountancy role 5 years ago, the support they gave me and the contact they kept made the company seem really appealing to me, they helped me through my career and even when i mentioned wanting to go into recruitment instead of them jumping at the referral bonus one of the guys there met with me and weighed up my options to ensure I was making the right choice. Since joining in feb, 4 ex employees have all returned for the very reason that the support and culture here is unmatchable. The training you get from both colleagues and managers is superb, everyone is always on hand to help and invest time to make sure you know what you are doing whether that be your colleague coming in a meeting with you or your director spending an hour a day doing a calling session with you, you feel supported in every aspect.

Cons

No cons, some would say the hours but I generally don't mind working late, especially when you're surrounded by like minded people the time flies and you have a great laugh whilst doing so. if you don't like working long hours to earn well and succeed then you shouldn't be in recruitment

Advice to Management

I couldn't fault the management

4. "A challenge worth accepting"

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Great sales experience
    * Frequent training
    * Supportive management

My overall experience was positive. It's a tough job that will certainly push you to your limits, but if you celebrate the highs and work through the lows there is a lot to be gained.

Cons

* Work-life balance could be improved slightly

Jun 28, 2017

It's great to hear that you took so many positives out from your time with us. The recruitment industry -- like any job -- can have some tough times. But appreciating the highs makes it all... More

"Abusive"

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I made some great friends but that was about it. Robert Half has a lot of money to spend on location of the office so you have a good pick of restaurants for lunch.

Cons

- Working at Robert Half was like being in an abusive relationship.
    - They count on humiliation, bullying and threatening you to make sure they keep a hold on you.
    - KPI's and pressure were so intense that my health declined. I stopped recovering from colds and ended up in the hospital once.
    - The KPI's are highest in the industry. They keep you from doing your job properly.
    - If you are a new consultant and make a mistake your manager will scream at you.
    - Someone was always crying in the office because of the pressure.
    - If you read the reviews below, the one talking about everyone having sex with everyone -- well, it's all true.
    - Your colleagues will backstab you and steal your clients and candidates.
    - People who have been there a long time have been brainwashed into thinking working at Robert Half is the centre of the universe. They all have tunnel vision.
    - You will work 12 hours a day and will start on an embarrassingly low salary.
    - Take my advice -- don't work at RH.

May 25, 2017

The environment you describe does not align with the environment or experience we want for our employees. We are interested in learning more about your experience and invite you to contact us.

"Associate Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Robert Half full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very supportive even though it took me 6 months to really add value and bill any money - My manager and the Director group were always happy to help whether it being registering a hot candidate or meeting a client. I was never made to feel bad or unsuccessful and was always encouraged to focus on the 'long game' - I'm 12 months in now and absolutely loving Robert Half - London - oh and I'm getting my first proper Bonus next month to boot!

Cons

It takes times to build up a client base as there's lots of tenure in the office which means a lot of the perceived bigger & better clients are taken. That's Sales I suppose!

The hours are long but that recruitment - the best candidates tend to be available to meet early or late in the day.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work - all of you are a truly inspiring bunch who make even the bad days fun.

It's great to know you all started at desk and have been through what us new crew are experiencing - it also makes me feel good about the future in that there will be a big job available for me one day if I stick at!!

May 10, 2017

Congratulations on making your first bonus! It's great to see that you understand the benefits that come from focus and determination. There will be many more successes in your future.

"Great experience with great people"

Former Employee - London in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - London in London, England (UK)

Pros

After spending 2 years working with RH, I can look back and say the experience gained was second to none having had the privilege of working alongside some incredible people.

The guys there are welcoming and fun, senior leadership are all approachable and all want you to succeed. The training given is ongoing from day 1, you're never going to feel like you're not learning something.

In terms of money and benefits, it's down to you and what you put in. If you work hard and listen to the management there, you're going to make a lot of money.

Cons

Recruitment is highly competitive - you have to push yourself if you want to do well. This does have a knock on effect to work / life balance but you do forget about that when bonus gets paid - if you understand that from day one you'll be fine.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the steering groups, keep listening to the guys on desk and celebrate the good stuff more.

May 10, 2017

Thank you for your review. While we do have competitive environment, we also strive to provide every employee with the tools and training required to rise to the challenge. All the best for your... More

"Very ethical and fair employer that pay well"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've just left Robert Half to move overseas after 2+yrs with the business.
    2016: 3rd in the country on qualified finance, London
    2015: 17th in the country on part qualified finance, Bristol

- If you work hard you can easily earn 10-20k quarterly bonuses
     - Great outgoing culture
     - All management genuinely want you to succeed
     - Very fast paced enviroment. You learn a hell of a lot in a relatively short space of time
     - If you are profitable they will always look out for you alternatively it's quite cutthroat for people that aren't willing to work hard (hit targets/TPR/do your job)

Cons

- As always in recruitment the work life balence is tough (8am - 6.30pm+)
     - Don't celebrate the wins enough, always asking for more

Advice to Management

- More continuous training, even for more senior consultants
     - Develop some training courses on organisation
     - Steering groups are heading in the right direction and I hope they continue to happen every quarter

Mar 30, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that you had a successful experience with us and all the best for your move overseas.

9. "World Class Organisation... and I don't say that lightly!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Amazing culture. Very fun place to work!
    2. True meritocracy. Everyone starts as a consultant and works their way up (don't hire in at senior levels which is motivational).
    3. Everyone in the office is supportive because been there / done it.
    4. You get loads of training at desk, with management and offsite training courses.
    5. If you're a top performer, the perks are amazing (the opportunity to earn a spot at The Savoy & Vegas are massive incentives for me).
    6. Flat structure and given it's a billion dollar business, it's a dynamic and entrepreneurial place to work.
    7. They give you the road map for success, you just need to implement it (which isn't easy but if you want it, it's there for you).

Cons

1. High standards.
    2. They push you to be the best, they don't want mediocre performance.
    3. They've got a specific way they do business (it undoubtedly works but you make sure you buy into it before joining).
    4. Elite culture... that actually drives me to want to be in that club!

Advice to Management

Keep driving everyone... even though some people don't like it, don't lower your standard. We're the best for a reason!

Feb 3, 2017

It's true, we do want everyone that works for us to be driven, but it's great that you recognise the opportunities for training and development to support you to succeed. Thanks for the review!... More

10. "Robert Half - Great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant - Finance in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant - Finance in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great team environment, great people, great office
    - Amazing brand with brilliant client and candidate database
    - Leadership have a very hands on approach
    - Incentives are brilliant
    - People really care about each other
    - the client and customers are always put first

I have worked in other organisations and I truly feel that some people do not realise how lucky they are to work for a company like RH.

Robert Half is a great business full on great people, the tenure of management is exceptional and they have performed well themselves, There are many examples of people who have left RH and have returned to the business.

It seems that inputs are more important that outputs in the early stages and consultants are always supported until they get up to speed. Although recruitment is tough you get lots of support and coaching to be brilliant, Regional Directors/Directors and AD's often attend client visits with junior staff in order to up skill.

Yes there are KPIs but they are only ever talked about in getting you better at the job, they are there because they work and are only ever discussed in relation to your own improvement.

There is potential to earn great commission ad really change your, it takes a while but if you are good you can start getting 10k bonuses plus... which is great as even though the job is hard it is great fun.

The support staff are also great - from reception through sales support everyone is always willing to help

Cons

The system is a bit 'clunky' but I think its being upgraded soon,
    The job is hard and you have to take the ups and the downs - there will be plenty of downs in the early days,

Advice to Management

Focus on the positives
    Play the long game
    Everyone has different styles and training/coaching needs to be tailored in accordance.

Feb 3, 2017

Thank you for this review! It is great to see you are benefiting from the rewards a career with Robert Half provides. Also, you'll be pleased to know that over the next year we will be upgrading our... More

Showing 38 of 2,582 reviews