Robert Half Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 16, 2018
2,279 reviews

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Robert Half Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Harold M. Messmer Jr.

2,279 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You are not allowed to have overtime because you are too expensive which is awesome for work life balance or having a side job" (in 62 reviews)

• "They have great training and support" (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • "You need to make sure to take a break and have some work/life balance" (in 132 reviews)

• "Start -up is tough - need to put in long hours to succeed in the first 1-2 years" (in 116 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Field Recruiting & Sales"

I have been working at Robert Half full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Expectations are clearly outlined; regular check-ins to discuss performance and strategies for success; management-initiated training along with access to self-paced training resources

Cons

Several hours a day spent on the phone talking to prospective and current candidates or clients

Robert Half Response

Oct 12, 2017 – PR Manager - Glassdoor

Thank you for your 5-star review. It's great to hear that Robert Half supports you in your career. We're glad that you're taking advantage of the company-sponsored training resources to further your... More

2. "Excellent"

I worked at Robert Half full-time

Pros

Great benefits and compensation compared to standard rates for senior accountants

Cons

It’s not a permanent position

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"Great environment!"

I have been working at Robert Half full-time

Pros

-Great coworkers and fun environment
    -Steady work flow throughout the day
    -Able to grow and take on new tasks
    -Consistent hours every day

Cons

Small yearly raises, staffing support receives less recognition than the staffing managers so it can definitely ruin your mood some days. Also, telecommuting is not an option for hourly employees... Only salary gets this option.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the administrative workers more-- they deserve bigger raises for the intense workload they are given every day.

4. "Good Experience"

I worked at Robert Half full-time

Pros

Overall a good experience to have

Cons

Some recruiters are not interested in relocating a candidate

5. "Good way to get on your feet"

I have been working at Robert Half full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunities, wide range of talent

Cons

Hard to really commit to a company you are only working for temporary

6. "Good Part Time Work"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Robert Half part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent company for finding quality jobs in both short and long term; highly sought after company accounts. If you're punctual and have the experience, you get the work you need.

Cons

Not the best hourly rate.

Advice to Management

Pay your workers more on the high-value accounts. We keep you in business.

7. "The only agency that has ever gotten me any decent work"

Current Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Receptionist/Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Robert Half full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the agent as she always stays in contact with me, and this agency looks out for its workers with constant communication, and follow ups. At least that has been my experience. I always get paid on time, and have never had an issue. I have worked as a temp office admin assistant for 4 months now, and I get 40
     hours a week, never have to do overtime, and any overtime is payed time and a half, as long as the employer is okay with it and approves of you working overtime and is willing to pay then great,but if not you don't have to do the overtime simple as that. I get benefits, I get paid a good hourly wage, and I get treated right. Let me tell you coming from other agencies it was terrible trying to find good jobs that paid well and treated their employees not like slaves. I recommend if you need to have experience and grow your resume. I read other complaints but could not understand them, as yes even though you are a temp and you may change from job to job, they do give you notice, and they usually get you another job very quickly within a week to a few days. Also it doesn't matter if you change jobs, you still get paid and get benefits as long as you are working, so it is not as if you have to constantly fill out paperwork to apply to a new job, Robert Half takes care of everything for you.

Cons

maybe they could have a stronger communication in terms of what jobs are more perm and what are temp, but this is honestly not that big of a deal, as usually, you are better off just taking the job, and asking the employer yourself what the expectations are and what the future might hold, if they say they just need a temp and are not interested in a full time permanent hire, then you can continue to work there, earn money gain experience, while you look for permanent elsewhere with the agency's help. It is really that simple. In my opinion if you learn quickly, have a great work ethic, and show you are valuable to that work place, they will keep you no matter what, because even if you are "expensive", it is not as if they would save much money trying to hire on their own or looking elsewhere. You just need to show you are worth keeping permanent but that is ultimately on you, and not the agency.

Advice to Management

not sure, i think they are doing a great job

8. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Robert Half full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working there for close to a year on permanent placements (full cycle). Had made a total career change. I have to say - if you are looking to get into recruiting and want to learn from the best out there, this is the place to be in. They have great training and support. Not to mention, the people are really nice

Cons

There are a lot of good recruiters and internal competition, which is actually a good thing because it makes you want to work harder and make more money in the process.

"Downtown Office"

I worked at Robert Half full-time

Pros

if you are Latino , they find you work right away. If you are any other race you have to wait a while.

Cons

very slow in answering phones , and returning calls

Advice to Management

become more diverse , so everyone has a shot at work , not just latinos

10. "Working for Robert Half Accountemps"

I have been working at Robert Half full-time

Pros

They do an excellent job working to find a correct fit for you and are extremely helpful.

Cons

There isn't much negative to say about Robert Half as far as anything in their control goes. The only con with working through a temp agency, is it can be hard to find something permanent immediately, which isn't a fault on their part.

Showing 2,279 of 2,927 reviews