Robert Half Reviews in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Robert Half San Francisco Reviews

Updated October 20, 2017

San Francisco, CA Area

3.2
Robert Half Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Robert Half really stresses a work/life balance and want you to work happy (in 52 reviews)

• A lot of potential to make a lot of money (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance could be improved slightly (in 119 reviews)

• High turnover, manipulative environment, and no work life balance (in 41 reviews)

1. "IT Employee at Corporate Office in San Ramon"

Former Employee - IT Support in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - IT Support in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair salary, good teamwork within groups but not necessarily across groups. Good charity support and outreach outside the organization.

Cons

Pace of change is slow. Growth in groups seems somewhat stagnant. Many managers across different groups very comfortable with business as usual, not the most exciting environment.

Advice to Management

Encourage more cross training between IT Teams. Structure is good but there is a lack of teamwork and visibility into other team's goals and how the help the overall teams.

2. "Need to pay what the job entails"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Robert Half part-time

Pros

Great representatives try their best to get you great jobs asap.

Cons

Short jobs doesn't pay you for what the job actually entails when you seek for a better job that will pay you more they feel like you stabbed them in the back.

Advice to Management

Better pay, better communication, more temp to hire jobs.

3. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Oakland, CA

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-they hire a fun group of people to work with
    -a lot of training
    -can potentially earn a lot of money

Cons

-the "lifers" aren't always the nicest and aren't at all willing to change their ways
    -managers should have more training on how to train new employees (a lot of the training is online)
    -obviously it's a sales-y type of position, however, they should also think of quality of candidates rather than just always quantity of roles wanting to be filled. It doesn't matter if I fill 10 positions if 7 of them are not going to last because of an unfit match.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees and really train them. Know that not everyone is going to have the same approach as you. Think of people as actual humans, not just another number that will make you money. If you do this, then yourself and your team will be successful.

4. "Great Company to Consultant with if you're in Finance"

Former Employee - BCBS Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - BCBS Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Robert Half (More than a year)

Pros

I got a great consulting gig at Wells Fargo

Cons

The division I worked in was targeted to accountants so not many opportunities there for me.

Advice to Management

None.

"Difficult to make money."

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training is thorough and it is a fast paced environment where you learn a lot quickly. The systems are established.

Cons

Turnover is high and it is difficult to make money. There is a lot of competition for the same business.

6. "Great company"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

work/life balance, pay and bonuses

Cons

can't think if any right now

7. "Corporate Meeting Planner"

Current Employee - Corpoate Meeting Planner in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Corpoate Meeting Planner in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Robert Half full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It has a positive work environment

Cons

There is a large turnover with employees

Advice to Management

Better Communication with Employees

8. "Eh..."

Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were Fun people to work with.

Cons

Low pay. Lots of hassle.

Advice to Management

Eh...

9. "MANAGER CREDIT RISK – RH CORPORATE-WARNING -WARNING"

Former Employee - Credit Risk Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Credit Risk Manager in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Robert Half (Less than a year)

Pros

THE GOOD: Excellent Corporate Training with extensive class offerings and reading materials. Excellent, professional trainers. 10 Month Training Programs for Manager Level culminating with a Presentation to Senior Corporate Management. Extensive employee recognition programs ( Corporate Level). RH is very active in the community with structured volunteer Programs and matching donations to charitable organizations. Annual Management meeting with C-Level Executives and guest speakers. Fantastic!

Cons

THE BAD: This review is for the Corporate Credit Organization
    When you take employment with Robert Half, you're taking part in a machine that's been around for a long time. As such, there is a rigid established way of doing things, markedly in the Credit Risk Organization. This coupled with the inflexible, aggressive over the top micromanagment/ does not make for operational progression, employee satisfaction, happiness, or a positive work experience/environment. The management is a poster child for employees ‘leaving an organization because of the manager (, not because of the company.” the perfect example of technically proficient staff who are promoted up the 'ranks' BUT HAve NO PEOPLE SKILLS (soft skills) and should not be managing staff. MANAGEMENT haS a dated, bureaucratic, authoritative management style. You may think that Robert Half is the gateway to your career, think again. There is no career path in the Credit Risk Department. Here are the other realities: RH Credit is an over the top fast paced environment, with unrealistic production goals, a production center (factory type) setting. Every move you make will be measured, in terms of production counts, with NO emphasis ON QUALITY. MANAGEMENt shows severe favoritism among staff. Your instructions / work flows will be changed frequently, with no rhyme or reason. Management takes pride in disagreeing with most decisions or rational- even if the decisions are the same as theirs in prior assessments Quarterly management meetings were not communicative, with Managers not speaking up. On the occasions, I voiced opinions or even spoke, directly after the meetings I received a phone call from management to critique what I said . For certain transactions , a full analysis is required, with analysis & write up, in a specific format. The verbiage & sequence will be changed according to the managements whim that day accompanied by a written critique & reprimand (once again even if the format & verbiage is the same as theirs in a prior review). You will receive constant negative input, from management who prides themselves on ‘being tough’-their words. If Robert Half was any other company, cettain managers,would have been terminated long ago.
    Please do not work in the Credit Department of Robert Half, there are so many other opportunities with wonderful companies that are progressive . Please take the time to read the reviews on Glassdoor, you can sort by rating , you will see a reoccurring theme of mental abuse, disrespect, factory environment in the field offices– and this holds true for some areas of RH Corporate. . I can honestly say, this was the worst experience of my career and the worst management I have had the displeasure to deal with.

This department is for you if:
    Follow instructions to the letter.
    Do not speak up
    Have no desire to make ‘ change’.
    Can be subservient and be OK with disrespect.

Advice to Management

What can I say to a profitable company. Certain areas of your org need to be investigated by neutral 3rd parties..not internal hr...u will see a pattern.

10. "Robert Half Corporate Internship"

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Robert Half (Less than a year)

Pros

I've loved every moment of my internship here! Both of my team and department are so welcoming and willing to teach me every step of the way. I've never had a day where I felt that I couldn't ask a question.

As an intern, I felt that my opinions and feedback were always valued. This was Robert Half Corporate's official first class of interns and I'm so grateful to have been a part of this process.

Robert Half really stresses a work/life balance and want you to work happy. Though my time here has been short, I can't wait to come back!

Cons

I can't think of anything negative to say

Showing 218 of 2,438 reviews