Robert Half Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert Half Technology Reviews

Updated April 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great training process that other companies find attractive (in 15 reviews)

• You have the opportunity to make a lot of money if you are the right fit for the job (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • If you're looking for a work life balance however perhaps recruitment isn't for you (in 17 reviews)

• This same leadership is THE reason for the incredibly high turnover (in 23 reviews)

1. "Direct Hire - Recruitment manager"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Robert Half Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of potential for cross marketing with different divisions
    Good place to begin a recruiting career
    Lots of training

Cons

Massive amount of internal competition, no ground is untouched so you need to steal from co-workers
    Commission model spreads out revenue as often as possible and only pays once you reach upper tiers.
    Actual commission % is extremely low for all but top 10% producers

Advice to Management

Don't forget the clients are the ones who we should be serving.
    Need to fix the candidate and client ownership so customers don't get attacked by dozens of different people.
    Don't let managers with only temp experience manage perm staff. It's a different beast with different metrics.

2. "They Don't Care About Their Employees"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Robert Half Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office was above Panera

Cons

They let you go at a moments notice if they didn't do their job.

3. "avoid pittsburgh tech division"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Robert Half Technology full-time

Pros

other rh divisions in pittsburgh are respectable but stay far away from tech division

Cons

tech division is a revolving door, every man for himself, very little or no support to succeed

5. "Robert Half is the best place to start your professional career"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Miami, FL

I have been working at Robert Half Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Came straight after college and it was the best decision I have ever made. Robert Half will teach you that in order to succeed here, you have to put in the work, time and effort. You get back EXACTLY what you put in, so if you work hard, you will begin to see the numbers climb on that paystub every month and have a very rewarding career.

Your job is to get other people jobs! I have been with the company for 4 months now and I have placed close to 20 people in new positions. That means that I have directly changed over 20 people's lives for the better and that in itself is one of the most rewarding feelings I have ever had the chance to experience.

Robert Half not only allows you to be in charge of your business, but Robert Half experience is one of the best things you can do for your own career development. If you are stuck with what you want to do with life (I know I was), Robert Half will mold you into a strong professional that can withstand fast-paced, high-stress and high-pressure workloads. Robert Half also allows you to gain massive amounts of experience with public relations, communications, sales, business, marketing and customer service.

Cons

Robert Half is not for the faint-hearted, the hours are long (8am-6pm) and if you can't put up with a lot of work, then you might have to look at other staffing firms. This is a competitive environment as well, so if you can't keep up look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Renovate management tactics to fit the 21st century.

6. "Quality contracts"

Current Employee - Test Technician in Berwick, ME
    Current Employee - Test Technician in Berwick, ME

I have been working at Robert Half Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Robert Half Technology provides you with the tools you need to excel, and wants to know how your doing. If you looking for both perm work or temp work they have the resources to help you along.

Cons

I have not found many cons so far. The only thing I can think of is that there could be a bit more communication while on a contract.

Advice to Management

I do not have much experience to rate the management at this time.

7. "Contract Quality Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Robert Half Technology (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruiter that I worked with at Robert Half was extremely professional and friendly, and they did a great job of guiding me through all of the needed paperwork (this was my first time working with a recruiter)

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Robert Half Technology - all of the recruiters that I had the pleasure of interacting with were very polite!

8. "Recruiters/Sales, Approach with Caution"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Newark, NJ

Pros

If you can survive here, you can survive anywhere.

Cons

This place is a revolving door. There are two kinds of people here.
    1) the people that have been there for years, surviving by acquiring consulting hours from everyone else on the team who have left.
    2) everyone else who is thrown to the fire.

You have 3 months to get some hires or you're out, WITHOUT Exception! Be prepared to be micro-managed unlike anything you've experience before. Prisoners have less oversight. Their hours are crappy 8am - 6pm, plus you're expected to come in early and stay late.

Advice to Management

Hard to give management advice because they are products of their environment and company culture.

9. "Account executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Robert Half Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nothing good to say nothing good to say

Cons

Worst place to work

Advice to Management

Need to rebuild yourself make yourself better...

10. "Great company to work for and with..."

Former Employee - IT Project Engineer in Howell, MI
    Former Employee - IT Project Engineer in Howell, MI

I worked at Robert Half Technology (More than a year)

Pros

Professional and thorough. Treats their employees and customers right.

Cons

None. I've worked RHT from both sides and was satisfied with their approach.

11. "Salaried-professional"

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Robert Half Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My recruitment and management team at RHT were great. Always personable and professional.
    The benefits as a salaried-professional were better than what I would have received from other recruitment/staffing agencies, i.e. I was eligible for holiday pay, paid time-off, medical/dental benefits, etc.

Cons

As a salaried professional, after your contract ends with any given company, you are then put on "bench-time" until they can find you something else, which allows you to still get paid your full salary/benefits for up to several weeks. There is a limit to how many weeks and this can be financially risky of course, but the parameters surrounding "bench-time" were clearly explained to me. I did end up getting laid off as were the other "bench-timers" from what I was told, but they did place me in my next full-time position within a month after being laid-off.

Advice to Management

Continue to be the honest, upbeat, caring and knowledgeable professionals that I knew you to be when I worked for RHT.