Robert Half Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Robert Half UK Reviews

Updated June 22, 2017

United Kingdom

4.6
Robert Half Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company also really values your work-life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Commitment to new hires, great training (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance could be improved slightly (in 116 reviews)

• NO work / life balance , not compensated, unappreciated (in 40 reviews)

1. "Working at Robert Half"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Robert Half full-time

Pros

The environment and culture working at Robert half is second to none. I Have friends that have come from other recruitment companies to my company and they all say nowhere they have worked previously compares, . The reason I first had an interest in joining Robert half is because they placed me in an accountancy role 5 years ago, the support they gave me and the contact they kept made the company seem really appealing to me, they helped me through my career and even when i mentioned wanting to go into recruitment instead of them jumping at the referral bonus one of the guys there met with me and weighed up my options to ensure I was making the right choice. Since joining in feb, 4 ex employees have all returned for the very reason that the support and culture here is unmatchable. The training you get from both colleagues and managers is superb, everyone is always on hand to help and invest time to make sure you know what you are doing whether that be your colleague coming in a meeting with you or your director spending an hour a day doing a calling session with you, you feel supported in every aspect.

Cons

No cons, some would say the hours but I generally don't mind working late, especially when you're surrounded by like minded people the time flies and you have a great laugh whilst doing so. if you don't like working long hours to earn well and succeed then you shouldn't be in recruitment

Advice to Management

I couldn't fault the management

2. "Average"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

nice people
    lower management are supportive

Cons

brutal environment
    made to feel like a outcast when you dont hit your target

Advice to Management

dont call people out in front of others

Jun 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time at Robert Half. All the best for the future.

3. "A challenge worth accepting"

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Great sales experience
    * Frequent training
    * Supportive management

My overall experience was positive. It's a tough job that will certainly push you to your limits, but if you celebrate the highs and work through the lows there is a lot to be gained.

Cons

* Work-life balance could be improved slightly

Jun 28, 2017

It's great to hear that you took so many positives out from your time with us. The recruitment industry -- like any job -- can have some tough times. But appreciating the highs makes it all... More

4. "Miss"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Cardiff, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Pros

I've worked for RH for the last 7 years and consider it a privilege to be part of the team. RH has given me so many opportunities to grow my career and develop as an individual. I have attended numerous awards ceremonies including both at a national and international level. I feel completely valued by the director team and fully expect to continue to develop my career at RH

Cons

I don't really have any cons. I work a lot of hours but all of my friends who are qualified professionals with a similar comp package would work similar hours

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, the growth or RH is unfounded and will continue to develop the company for future careers

May 10, 2017

It's great to hear that you have enjoyed your career at Robert Half and have enjoyed the full reward and recognition initiatives we have available on a national and international level. Thank you for... More

"Abusive"

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I made some great friends but that was about it. Robert Half has a lot of money to spend on location of the office so you have a good pick of restaurants for lunch.

Cons

- Working at Robert Half was like being in an abusive relationship.
    - They count on humiliation, bullying and threatening you to make sure they keep a hold on you.
    - KPI's and pressure were so intense that my health declined. I stopped recovering from colds and ended up in the hospital once.
    - The KPI's are highest in the industry. They keep you from doing your job properly.
    - If you are a new consultant and make a mistake your manager will scream at you.
    - Someone was always crying in the office because of the pressure.
    - If you read the reviews below, the one talking about everyone having sex with everyone -- well, it's all true.
    - Your colleagues will backstab you and steal your clients and candidates.
    - People who have been there a long time have been brainwashed into thinking working at Robert Half is the centre of the universe. They all have tunnel vision.
    - You will work 12 hours a day and will start on an embarrassingly low salary.
    - Take my advice -- don't work at RH.

May 25, 2017

The environment you describe does not align with the environment or experience we want for our employees. We are interested in learning more about your experience and invite you to contact us.

"Fabulous"

Current Employee - Client Services Director in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Client Services Director in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Pros

Best company i have ever worked for in recruitment t

Cons

Not always about money people like to be praised

Advice to Management

It isn't always about the money to some people

May 10, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We would absolutely agree that a reward and recognition programme is more than just remuneration. Have a look at Bobnet to make sure you making the most... More

7. "Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training was thorough and professional

Cons

Soul-less job, encouraged to fill in jobs with people that didnt exist yet until we found them

Advice to Management

None

May 10, 2017

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with Robert Half. All the best for the future.

"Associate Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Robert Half full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very supportive even though it took me 6 months to really add value and bill any money - My manager and the Director group were always happy to help whether it being registering a hot candidate or meeting a client. I was never made to feel bad or unsuccessful and was always encouraged to focus on the 'long game' - I'm 12 months in now and absolutely loving Robert Half - London - oh and I'm getting my first proper Bonus next month to boot!

Cons

It takes times to build up a client base as there's lots of tenure in the office which means a lot of the perceived bigger & better clients are taken. That's Sales I suppose!

The hours are long but that recruitment - the best candidates tend to be available to meet early or late in the day.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work - all of you are a truly inspiring bunch who make even the bad days fun.

It's great to know you all started at desk and have been through what us new crew are experiencing - it also makes me feel good about the future in that there will be a big job available for me one day if I stick at!!

May 10, 2017

Congratulations on making your first bonus! It's great to see that you understand the benefits that come from focus and determination. There will be many more successes in your future.

"Great experience with great people"

Former Employee - London in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - London in London, England (UK)

Pros

After spending 2 years working with RH, I can look back and say the experience gained was second to none having had the privilege of working alongside some incredible people.

The guys there are welcoming and fun, senior leadership are all approachable and all want you to succeed. The training given is ongoing from day 1, you're never going to feel like you're not learning something.

In terms of money and benefits, it's down to you and what you put in. If you work hard and listen to the management there, you're going to make a lot of money.

Cons

Recruitment is highly competitive - you have to push yourself if you want to do well. This does have a knock on effect to work / life balance but you do forget about that when bonus gets paid - if you understand that from day one you'll be fine.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the steering groups, keep listening to the guys on desk and celebrate the good stuff more.

May 10, 2017

Thank you for your review. While we do have competitive environment, we also strive to provide every employee with the tools and training required to rise to the challenge. All the best for your... More

"Bristol Robert Half"

Current Employee - Division Manager in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Division Manager in Bristol, England (UK)

Pros

Best staffing firm by a country mile. Incredible emphasise on team and individual development.

Trainee or experienced there is no better place to build a career in recruitment.

I urge anyone to come and join our RH family.

- Excellent basics
    - world class in house training
    - The best technology available to a recruiter
    - Market leading brand
    - Amazing recognition events ( London & Vegas)

Cons

First 12 months can be tough, but the rewards outweigh the harder days.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in our people and our development, its paying massive dividends.

Feb 24, 2017

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that you value the training and development opportunities that we offer.

Showing 59 of 2,248 reviews