Robert Half Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

United Kingdom

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert Half Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Pros
  • The company also really values your work-life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Commitment to new hires, great training (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance could be improved slightly (in 114 reviews)

• NO work / life balance , not compensated, unappreciated (in 40 reviews)

"Abusive"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I made some great friends but that was about it. Robert Half has a lot of money to spend on location of the office so you have a good pick of restaurants for lunch.

Cons

- Working at Robert Half was like being in an abusive relationship.
    - They count on humiliation, bullying and threatening you to make sure they keep a hold on you.
    - KPI's and pressure were so intense that my health declined. I stopped recovering from colds and ended up in the hospital once.
    - The KPI's are highest in the industry. They keep you from doing your job properly.
    - If you are a new consultant and make a mistake your manager will scream at you.
    - Someone was always crying in the office because of the pressure.
    - If you read the reviews below, the one talking about everyone having sex with everyone -- well, it's all true.
    - Your colleagues will backstab you and steal your clients and candidates.
    - People who have been there a long time have been brainwashed into thinking working at Robert Half is the centre of the universe. They all have tunnel vision.
    - You will work 12 hours a day and will start on an embarrassingly low salary.
    - Take my advice -- don't work at RH.

Robert Half Response

May 25, 2017

The environment you describe does not align with the environment or experience we want for our employees. We are interested in learning more about your experience and invite you to contact us.

2. "Payroll Administrator"

Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Payroll Specialist in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Pros

-Polite people when first met.

Cons

-For the interview made me wait almost 3 hours and the lady made it seem like she didn't know I was waiting for this long, when i clearly reported to the reception and told them I had a meeting.
    -Put me forward for a job at a really crap company called 'Carewatch' who expected me to know how their systems worked from day 2, they made me put letters in an envelope for 8.5 hours 2 days in a row. The people their were non-friendly and had no care to explain things and show me around the office.

- When I left I asked for my P45 and till this day I haven't received anything (been 3 months).

-The lady who had interviewed me (recruitment agent) kept calling me after I left and was always asking me personal questions relating to work and whether I had found a job and what salary the company is offering bearing in mind she didn't even have ANYTHING for me, she only wanted to know my next move.

Advice to Management

Treat me unfair, false promises and prying into my life when you're not even benefiting me at all. Angry at the company and will tell everyone about it.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - United Kingdom in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - United Kingdom in London, England (UK)

I worked at Robert Half (More than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate company, with some good people - good benefits and good potential to earn good money

Cons

Real old boys club and culture which has created quite an unprofessional approach to management and management decisions - you have to tow the party line and play the game but no ability to be flexible on different working styles or approaches and a genuine hostility to people of different ethnic, sexual or social backgrounds.

Advice to Management

Grow up and become the professional business you claim to be

"Shocking company to work for"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)

Pros

They seem quite structured in what they do
    Commission structure was adequate

Cons

Started work at the company for three weeks before the legal team based in London rang my manager to say that they would like to suspend me pending a directorship that i had within a payroll company some several years previous. After three days of suspension they terminated my employment claiming i was no longer suitable for the role. They had two months to check out any relevant information or ask me about my previous involvement at other companies, they could have even asked in my interview and were aware that i had owned businesses in the past. They didn't even reference check until after i had started at the company yet they claim to double reference check all candidates for their clients! Complete mockery.

Advice to Management

Before messing with somebodies personal life and offering them the job, do your background checks and and ask the relevant questions in interview

"Abysmal, boring, pointless work with ignorant, small-minded, money grubbing sales typrs"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Robert Half full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There simply aren't any pros. They have absolutely nothing to recommend them as regards a place of work.

Cons

Outrageously dull work. You just call people, ask them if they have any jobs they need people recruited for, and then you call people asking if they want a job. For 11 hellish hours a day... It is beyond terrible.

Advice to Management

If you could stop being such aggressively boring people and minimise the rampant bullying culture at the company, that would help.

"A nightmare of an employer"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Milton Keynes, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

slightly better basic salary than most of their competitors

Cons

too many to mention, KPI's that will make your eyes bleed, everyone hates everyone else. staff hate the managers, managers hate the directors, and everyone hates the MD. The directors want 200 calls a week but all they do is come in at 10.00, log onto their Ipad, online shop, then leave at 5pm. staff turnover is the highest in the industry, no one pass's probation.

Advice to Management

Leave.

"Management need to get up to date with modern management techniques"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

Good training if new in industry will give you a good base to go and find a new job in the industry after 6 Months

Cons

Hours, Management Autocratic.
    Should you have experience they try and brain wash you into doing it the Robert Half way?
    Staff who have longer service get away with what ever they want and new staff a treated very badly close to been bullied by senior staff and Management
    management have no vision and are always having to change what they implement as they do not do the research required when making changes (staff involvement Key)

Advice to Management

Lighten up your staff make the money for the company you give guidence and support (Adolf Hitler died 60 years ago)

Showing 7 of 2,212 reviews