Robert Half Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Robert Half UK Reviews

Updated June 5, 2017

United Kingdom

4.0
Robert Half Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Harold M. Messmer Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Robert Half really stresses a work/life balance and want you to work happy (in 51 reviews)

• Commitment to new hires, great training (in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance could be improved slightly (in 117 reviews)

• High turnover, manipulative environment, and no work life balance (in 41 reviews)

1. "A challenge worth accepting"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* Great sales experience
    * Frequent training
    * Supportive management

My overall experience was positive. It's a tough job that will certainly push you to your limits, but if you celebrate the highs and work through the lows there is a lot to be gained.

Cons

* Work-life balance could be improved slightly

Jun 28, 2017

It's great to hear that you took so many positives out from your time with us. The recruitment industry -- like any job -- can have some tough times. But appreciating the highs makes it all... More

"Great experience with great people"

Former Employee - London in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - London in London, England (UK)

Pros

After spending 2 years working with RH, I can look back and say the experience gained was second to none having had the privilege of working alongside some incredible people.

The guys there are welcoming and fun, senior leadership are all approachable and all want you to succeed. The training given is ongoing from day 1, you're never going to feel like you're not learning something.

In terms of money and benefits, it's down to you and what you put in. If you work hard and listen to the management there, you're going to make a lot of money.

Cons

Recruitment is highly competitive - you have to push yourself if you want to do well. This does have a knock on effect to work / life balance but you do forget about that when bonus gets paid - if you understand that from day one you'll be fine.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the steering groups, keep listening to the guys on desk and celebrate the good stuff more.

May 10, 2017

Thank you for your review. While we do have competitive environment, we also strive to provide every employee with the tools and training required to rise to the challenge. All the best for your... More

3. "Cut above the rest!"

Former Employee - Client Service Director in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Client Service Director in London, England (UK)

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for corporate organisations and ran my own company (sales) and worked for very small companies in my time. Robert half without doubt is one of the best companies to work for! It provides all the usual you would expect from a global corporation; Training, support, benefits, large network, big database etc... However the reason why it separates itself from the rest of the competitors (Morgan McKinley/Harvey Nash etc) is due to the level of expectation on each of the consultants and the quality at Director level. From my personal experience, Neil Owen (Director of Tech and creative), provided the highest quality of training/mentor ship/advice and leadership. The "Directors" as a whole are extremely accessible and are willing to pass on the knowledge and wisdom to the most junior consultants.

Colleagues across technology and finance are a friendly and helpful bunch. Good fun atmosphere but a focus on achieving the best they possibly can. Its a competitive environment but not destructive; this allows them to raise the bar continuously.

If you are looking for a stable and exciting career I would definitely recommend Robert half. The money will come.....

Cons

I can only really speak for technology but the middle management is a little weak - in terms of knowledge and leadership qualities but they are working really hard to improve that and train management up to a level that is of the Robert half quality. (In all honest they would still be classed as good for other organisations - but RH standards are a lot higher)
    Feels a little like a franchise model in terms of how they want things done but that's to be expected as they have been successful for so long- so why wouldn't they keep repeating what is obviously working so well!?!

Advice to Management

Keep going - respect you all immensely. Keep raising the bar! I would never have left you guys for a competitor. Just got to do my own thing for a while..... probably be back... if you'll have me!!!

Feb 3, 2017

Thanks for the review! It's great to hear that you found the director group supportive and that you enjoyed your time with Robert Half.

4. "Financial controller"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in London, England (UK)
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in London, England (UK)

Pros

Friendly environment. Good people to work with.

Cons

No further opportunities for work.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Senior, Sales and Staffing Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior, Sales and Staffing Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Robert Half full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very stimulating environment for people who like challenges & KPIs to achieve.
    Performance is key but quality too . They like benchmarking the best practices and sharing them . Quite informal & dynamic environment.

Cons

Sales oriented company with a management by figures mostly
    They prefer that we apply a standard recipe .

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"RHI AGENCY WORKER"

Former Contractor - Assistant Accountant in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - Assistant Accountant in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Robert Half as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

I did not work for Robert Half International as an employee but did a number of temporary contract roles for the Reading office.
    I found the temporary division manager Mr R Mc Donough to be excellent.

Cons

Think very carefully about using an umbrella company because the weekly fixed fee charged can be pretty high and eat into your earnings, especially if you didn't many hours in a week.

Advice to Management

Let temporary contract workers make their own choices about how they wish to be paid. Focus on looking after the workers and they will look after you, trust is earned.

Showing 6 of 2,303 reviews