Robert Half "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert Half Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 5 Dec 2019

3.4
Robert Half CEO Harold M. Messmer Jr.
Harold M. Messmer Jr.
1,404 Ratings
Pros
Cons
  • "Work life balance as a recruiter may be difficult for some(in 228 reviews)

• "Very long hours required to build book of business(in 192 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great"

Current Employee - Staffing Executive

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance, lots of room for growth.

Cons

Long days, but they are well worth it and go by quick.

Robert Half2019-12-05
  2. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Direct Hire Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

Absolutely love my job and everyone here. Great work/life balance. Great benefits and they invest in those who really want to grow within the company. Work hard and you will see the return.

Cons

It's sales at the end of day. Each month carries different hurtles.

Robert Half2019-12-04
  3. "Good Recruiting Firm"

Former Contractor - Human Resources in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Robert Half for more than 3 years

Pros

Recruiters seem to be on the hunt to find you an assignment that fits for you. Always available and ready to assist in most situations in reference to placement.

Cons

Flexibility can be a challenge at times when requesting work life balance.

Robert Half2019-10-20

"Wonderful company that provides top-notch service to their candidates and clients!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Manager

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Highly customer service oriented company, helps people from all levels of professional background to find positions to meet their current needs and/or help them grow, gives back and partners with local communities! Partners with Veterans and their families! Awesome company values! Empowers employees to make as much money as they want depending on how hard their willing to work (commission based sales bonuses).

Cons

Internal company culture is very dependant on the leadership in that local market, can be good or very poor. Company values aren't always the number one priority... Often times the focus falls from helping clients and candidates to how much money can "I" make on this deal... very transactional rather than relational focus. Work/Life balance can be very challenging in the first several years while developing your... book of business.

Advice to Management

Hire a regional HR person to help employees with benefits, questions, and to feel heard (outside of their BMG who may not be honest or ethical). Standardize processes consistently across all LOBs (Temp and Direct-Hire) so there aren't so many contradictions and variations within offices and regions. Have more than one report-to to the RMG so that views are not skewed just on what BMG reports as at least for our... market it is often not an honest reflection of issues in the branch.

Robert Half2019-10-07
  5. "Not a bad place to work"

Current Freelancer - Staffing Manager

I have been working at Robert Half for less than a year

Pros

If you are incredibly motivated and not afraid of long hours and hard work you can make a lot of money. They hire some really intelligent and talented people here. I have been working for Robert Half OfficeTeam for about 4 months now and I like it, I still haven't bonused yet which is annoying, but I am starting to get close. The

Cons

There is no training at all. It is almost entirely sink or swim. They bring you in and you shadow your Division Director for a few days and then you are on your own. The commision portion is very frustrating as you have to earn back your base salary before you can make any commision. It can take anywhere from 6 months to a year before you earn a single dollar in commision. Also the hours, when they recruited me... they told me that they valued work/life balance. Once I started people would make jokes at me for leaving work at 5:00, calling me part time. Now, 4 months in, I can't remember the last time I worked less than 9-10 hours in one day. Hardly anyone takes an actual lunch break, everyone is feverishly working from 7:45-6:00 every day. You can have a hellish day with 5 candidates quitting on you or getting fired and have to deal with a mountain of administrative work, yet your DD is still going to be questioning you on why you only have 15 connects. Honestly I like this job, it has taught me how to work hard and more about staffing and teaching myself than anything I have ever done before. They could updates the offices too, they are outdated and not what millenials are looking for anymore.

Advice to Management

Hire some HR people to train and help with benefits and internal disputes.

Robert Half2019-10-09
  6. "Great experience if you're just starting out in recruiting"

Current Employee - Staffing Manager

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for less than a year

Pros

Your experience working here will look great on a resume.

Cons

Stressful, lack of work/life balance, constant pressure from management to fill positions as quickly as possible versus finding the right fit for the client

Robert Half2019-10-12
  7. "10/10 best place to grow in a company if you are willing to put in the work."

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is fantastic. They only hire the best. You'll learn more in one year than you food in the last five. Management wants you to succeed if they see you trying.

Cons

Work life balance. At the end of the days its sales. The monthly draw causes a lot of stress even when you are crushing it, every month you start back at 0.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. This is the best place I've ever worked.

Robert Half2019-09-15

"Great company, but challenging"

Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great employees/leaders who want you to succeed Great Benefits Commission/bonus Rewarding

Cons

No work/life balance Stressful Demanding hours High matrix

Robert Half2019-09-27

"Learned a lot but.. terrible to work for"

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Training -Grind work environment (helps with future opportunities)

Cons

-Work life balance -Base compensation -Long work hours

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees as much as your clients

Robert Half2019-09-26

"Amazing Company. It is what you make it"

Current Employee - Division Director

I have been working at Robert Half full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training is INCREDIBLE. They will give you all the tools to be successful. It takes a certain type of individual to thrive here. You need to be a self starter and entrepreneurial. If you can motivate yourself and you're hungry to make a killing, then this is the place you want to be. You get to interact with business leaders in your region and change people's lives for the better. No better feeling than helping... someone land their dream job. Everyone you work with will become your best friend. They only hire the best people.

Cons

The monthly draw sucks. Starting back at zero each month leaves a feeling of stress and anxiety when you start your month that makes it difficult to truly enjoy work life balance. That doesn't really exist. Your mind will be preoccupied with not letting your manager down and not going in the hole each month. Competing with your team can get very frustrating.

Advice to Management

Remove the draw after people prove themselves to reduce turnover.

Robert Half2019-08-28