Robert J. Semrad & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert Semrad

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Paralegal"

I have been working at Robert J. Semrad & Associates full-time

Pros

I have a wonderful, kind and very understanding manager and I love my co-workers. I love the complimentary lunch on Tuesdays as well.

Cons

We work really hard and should get higher pay.

Advice to Management

We should have entire firm meetings sometimes, just to make sure all offices are on the same page with everything.

2. "JOKE"

I worked at Robert J. Semrad & Associates full-time

Pros

Holiday party free drinks. March Madness party free food. Tuesdays free food.

Cons

They don't appreciate their employees and don't pay NEARLY enough for all the work they do. They pay the attorneys a ton when they don't do anything but gossip with each other in their office all day. Google the owner's name you'll find his mug shot! All of the previous reviews I'm sure are FAKE and not written by actual employees, but by the managers and owners because they are so FALSE. If you make too much money they'll just fire you.

Advice to Management

All of the "managers" or "directors" are unqualified to hold any sort of managerial position. WAGES SHOULD REFLECT THE AMOUNT OF WORK YOUR EMPLOYEES DO.

3. "Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Robert J. Semrad & Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the company is a great place to work and grow.

Cons

i don't have anything negative to say about the company

Advice to Management

none

4. "Solid Firm"

Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Robert J. Semrad & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good hours, great people, very focused area of law - bankruptcy.

Cons

Some people have to work on Saturdays; Minimal ability to move up in the firm - can take a while to prove your worth.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people.

5. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Robert J. Semrad & Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great family firm that's fair.

Cons

No cons I love this firm

6. "Great Office Environment & Fun Coworkers!"

Current Employee - Attorney in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Attorney in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Robert J. Semrad & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with the Semrad Law Firm for 2+ years in the Atlanta, Georgia area. I enjoy the fast paced work environment and the ability to gain a vast array of experience so quickly. All of my coworkers are great & very helpful which provides for a friendly & happy office environment. The culture of the firm promotes growth & allows you the tools you need to succeed. Additionally, the firm recognizes when you are doing a great job & provides incentives when you go above & beyond your job duties.

Cons

At times the office can get busy, however, this provides for a quick work day & makes the time pass by quickly.

Advice to Management

Providing a 2-3% match on the 401K would be amazing but the paid vacation days & personal days already given in addition to the paid holidays are great.

7. "Great Place To Work"

Pros

I've been working at the Semrad Law Firm for about 2 1/2 years and I really enjoy it. Coming into the office everyday is great. I'd say my colleagues are very nice, professional people that are easy to work with. Management has always been fair and flexible with me. All in all, it's a very healthy work environment.

Cons

I don't have any complaints

8. "Associate Attorney"

Current Employee - Associate Attorney
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney

I have been working at Robert J. Semrad & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Little to no micro management. For an entry level attorney position the pay is great with a potential raise at 6 months and annual reviews after that. Once trained, you will work independently for the most part. It is a young work environment. Most attorneys are below 40. It is gratifying to save someones vehicle, or home. You will love the people you work with. The intake attorneys are great as well as the building and court room attorneys. Most people are always willing to help, or answer questions. The hours are great if you have a family, or don't want the long big law hours. Generally, you only stay late once a week and work 1, or 2 Saturdays a month for a few hours. Food is catered on Tuesdays.

Cons

It will be frustrating as a newer attorney because there is a lot of information to absorb. Meeting with clients as a newer attorney will be taxing. After enough volume, the process of what a bankruptcy attorney does will become routine. The clients can be demanding as with any law firm. Although once you are confident in what you do, dealing with those clients becomes much easier. Lastly, there is a low ceiling - you will never make partner at this firm. You can hope to become a courtroom attorney, or do intakes after 1-2 years of building, but that is the end of the line.

Advice to Management

There should be a performance based bonus structure for the building attorneys with their current salary.

9. "Paralegal"

Current Employee - Paralegal in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Paralegal in Chicago, IL

Pros

The firm is very family oriented. They listen to their employees and often take advise for improvements. They do not micro manage. They have faith in their employees that the work requested to be done will be done. They understand when life situations happen and are always willing to help if needed.

Cons

The downside for me is that I didn't start working at the firm sooner.

Advice to Management

I think that HR needs to keep better track of vacation time and inform employees periodically so that days are not lost. If that can not be done then perhaps they can rollover vacation days.

I also think that reviews should be given yearly as a policy.

10. "The Firm"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

best place to work hands down

Cons

lots of long working hours