Robert J. Semrad & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert Semrad

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Robert J. Semrad & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work! Great work balance life. Very big firm with lots of structure and lots of resources and paralegals to help lawyers with work load. Very minimal micro managing and lots of autonomy. You learn a lot about bankruptcy. No work to bring home with you. Everyone gets along with each other. Open door policy where can bounce ideals and questions off fellow attorney. Yearly raises above the national standard.

Cons

It does take a little bit of time to get promoted into a court call but it’s because they don’t have a lot of turnover. But if you are good at your job and have a good attitude you will be promoted and get into a court call. Even at the big firms right out of law school you aren’t getting court experience right away and are working 60 hour weeks and doing nothing but research for partners.

Advice to Management

Offer more get togethers for attorneys

2. "Good place to start out as an entry level attorney."

Former Employee - Associate Attorney in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Associate Attorney in Chicago, IL

I worked at Robert J. Semrad & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a lot of bankruptcy law experience at the ground level.

Cons

Required to work every other Saturday. There's not much room for career advancement,it's very monotonous work and high stress.

"JOKE"

I worked at Robert J. Semrad & Associates full-time

Pros

Holiday party free drinks. March Madness party free food. Tuesdays free food.

Cons

They don't appreciate their employees and don't pay NEARLY enough for all the work they do. They pay the attorneys a ton when they don't do anything but gossip with each other in their office all day. Google the owner's name you'll find his mug shot! All of the previous reviews I'm sure are FAKE and not written by actual employees, but by the managers and owners because they are so FALSE. If you make too much money they'll just fire you.

Advice to Management

All of the "managers" or "directors" are unqualified to hold any sort of managerial position. WAGES SHOULD REFLECT THE AMOUNT OF WORK YOUR EMPLOYEES DO.

4. "Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Robert J. Semrad & Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

the company is a great place to work and grow.

Cons

i don't have anything negative to say about the company

Advice to Management

none

5. "Paralegal"

I have been working at Robert J. Semrad & Associates full-time

Pros

I have a wonderful, kind and very understanding manager and I love my co-workers. I love the complimentary lunch on Tuesdays as well.

Cons

We work really hard and should get higher pay.

Advice to Management

We should have entire firm meetings sometimes, just to make sure all offices are on the same page with everything.

6. "Solid Firm"

Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Chicago, IL

Pros

Good hours, great people, very focused area of law - bankruptcy.

Cons

Some people have to work on Saturdays; Minimal ability to move up in the firm - can take a while to prove your worth.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people.

7. "Best place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Robert J. Semrad & Associates full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great family firm that's fair.

Cons

No cons I love this firm

8. "Great Office Environment & Fun Coworkers!"

Current Employee - Attorney in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Attorney in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Robert J. Semrad & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with the Semrad Law Firm for 2+ years in the Atlanta, Georgia area. I enjoy the fast paced work environment and the ability to gain a vast array of experience so quickly. All of my coworkers are great & very helpful which provides for a friendly & happy office environment. The culture of the firm promotes growth & allows you the tools you need to succeed. Additionally, the firm recognizes when you are doing a great job & provides incentives when you go above & beyond your job duties.

Cons

At times the office can get busy, however, this provides for a quick work day & makes the time pass by quickly.

Advice to Management

Providing a 2-3% match on the 401K would be amazing but the paid vacation days & personal days already given in addition to the paid holidays are great.

9. "Great Place To Work"

Pros

I've been working at the Semrad Law Firm for about 2 1/2 years and I really enjoy it. Coming into the office everyday is great. I'd say my colleagues are very nice, professional people that are easy to work with. Management has always been fair and flexible with me. All in all, it's a very healthy work environment.

Cons

I don't have any complaints

10. "Paralegal"

Current Employee - Paralegal in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Paralegal in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Robert J. Semrad & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The firm is very family oriented. They listen to their employees and often take advise for improvements. They do not micro manage. They have faith in their employees that the work requested to be done will be done. They understand when life situations happen and are always willing to help if needed.

Cons

The downside for me is that I didn't start working at the firm sooner.

Advice to Management

I think that HR needs to keep better track of vacation time and inform employees periodically so that days are not lost. If that can not be done then perhaps they can rollover vacation days.

I also think that reviews should be given yearly as a policy.