Robert Morris University - Pennsylvania Reviews | Glassdoor

Gregory G. Dell'Omo

1. "Communications Representative"

Current Employee - Communications Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Communications Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Robert Morris University - Pennsylvania part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A working environment that supports its staff generating consistent interest in our programs and course of study to all prospective students within our community and abroad.

Cons

Generating a consistent return of student admission upon our consistent follow-up as a team

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work of bringing in the best students and supporting your extraordinary staff

2. "Director of Admissions and Recruitment"

Current Employee - Director of Admission/Recruitment in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director of Admission/Recruitment in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Robert Morris University - Pennsylvania full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

My co workers are very helpful and we all respect one another.

Cons

There have been many lay offs and I do not have job security

Advice to Management

I have truly enjoyed working at Robert Morris Universiy.

3. "Tutor"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Robert Morris University - Pennsylvania (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with a lot of flexibility.

Cons

There is nothing to say.

5. "Positive work environment"

Former Employee - Hockey and Figure Skating Private Instructor in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Great pay! The best part was that as a private instructor you are able to make your own schedule which makes your work/life balance so much easier! If you enjoy working with kids this is a great job for you. Overall a positive work environment.

Cons

None that truly negatively impacted me or my view of working there. Sometimes the parents of the kids you coach can be difficult but that is because their child is their main priority and most parents want their kid to be the best. Just treat them with respect and smiles help!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, it's working great. I have always thought that it would be a good idea to complete background checks and administer drug tests to the instructors since they are working with young children.

6. "Center of Global Engagement"

I worked at Robert Morris University - Pennsylvania part-time

Pros

The staff and students were very friendly and easy to work with. I never had a day that I was stressed out because of my fellow colleagues.

Cons

If you are not aware of the different language barriers, it can be a trying experience to convey important information regarding a student's status for both internationals and study abroad students.

7. "Cons outweigh Pros"

Pros

Great people. Flexible work hours.

Cons

Work can be stressful with no benefits or pay raises. Hard to get an answer from anyone.

Advice to Management

Get more involved. Know how to use systems better than employees.

8. "Overall not bad place to work"

Pros

Flexible working schedule and great co-workers, safe campus. The students are awesome.

Cons

Lot of employee turnover and not much opportunity or flexibility for thinking out of the box. Department budgets are low. Tough to find close parking some days.

Advice to Management

Value hardworking staff and compensate them accordingly.

9. "Event Staff"

Current Employee - Event Staff in Moon Township, PA
    Current Employee - Event Staff in Moon Township, PA

I have been working at Robert Morris University - Pennsylvania (More than a year)

Pros

Self-Schedule, Financial Aid, Flexible, Friendly team with same overall goal of event safety.

Cons

Co-workers tend to change or need to be trained more than once.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge experience workers capable of training new workers.

"Culture Shifting Downward"

Former Employee - Pennsylvania in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Pennsylvania in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Robert Morris University - Pennsylvania full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most employees genuinely want to help students. Friendly culture. Safe attractive campus. Wide variety of students.

Cons

Salaries for rank and file professionals below average. Opportunities to advance and new ideas are blocked by those who have been here for years and not going anywhere. Benefits seem to be going away. Retirement shifted to an underperforming provider. Health benefits slashed to only high deductible. Strategic spending doesn't seem to make sense when they just laid off 40. VPs are too chummy and make too much in bonuses given our sliding metrics and rankings. University aggressively recruits students of modest incomes but doesn't provide need-based aid so students are constantly under stress about how to pay tuition bills.

Advice to Management

Eliminate lavish VP bonuses. Find ways to support and keep employees who want to work there. Do less flashy podium talking and more listening.

11. "Communications Intern"

Pros

I learned a lot and enjoyed the family atmosphere there. Everyone wanted me to succeed and further my knowledge in the field.

Cons

It is a smaller environment so everyone knows about everyone. It's something I enjoyed but is definitely not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Give more rewards and compensation.