Robert Walters Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Robert Walters Chief Executive Officer Robert Walters
Robert Walters

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great working environment - given both autonomy to get on with work, whilst support is there if needed" (in 30 reviews)

• "Great work life balance and culture" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is really encouraged" (in 18 reviews)

• "Sometimes you have to work long hours to get the job done" (in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company, Culture & People!!"

Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Executive Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Out of the companies I've worked for in the past, RW is one of the best. With the opportunities that they provide as far as learning and global mobility, it is by far an exceptional organization with a lot of room for growth. Personally, I can say that recruiting is not for everyone. As such there are some bad reviews based on their individual experience, however, if you are dedicated and focused then you will go far here. Plus after 2 years, they have an awesome global mobility policy that allows you to transfer to another one of their 56 offices around the world in 28 countries, and the opportunities to move up from an Associate to a Manager, up to a Director are vast. Hard work is key. The Managing Director's door is always open if your manager isn't around and you have questions. Happy hours and working alongside great co-workers are just an added bonus!

Cons

Every company has some cons but I'm truly hard pressed to think of any. I've had a great experience during my career here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up the great environment and culture!

2. "Great Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

International Company with solid local contacts. I have been at Robert Walters for over 4 years and I have been able to build a great business with full support of the local management. They were very accommodating in getting me set up for success.

Cons

Since it's an International Company, I can only work on jobs in the United States.

Advice to Management

Keep things the way they are!

3. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Robert Walters (Less than a year)

Pros

The people there are very smart and the whole environment is competitive in a healthy way.

Cons

It can be stressful if you can't handle well

4. "Amazing and rewarding company to work for!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome colleagues, fun and team-focused work environment, weekly happy hours, and overall just a great company that cares about you, your growth, and your future!

I began working at Robert Walters closely after college in an admin role, and it's the perfect place to jump start your career, especially if you are interested in recruitment. Your work and efforts are always rewarded, recognized, and appreciated.

Cons

A few outdated and old school processes

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to give admins more responsibility!

"Manager"

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Branding and lots of excitement and spirit in the market.

Cons

Poor Management, HR and hiring is total mess. Lots of confusion and miscommunication

Advice to Management

Get a new HR, Paychecks, Policy, and conflicting issues keep coming up.

Robert Walters Response

Feb 28, 2018 – HR

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are really proud of the strong brand we’ve built in the market and it’s great to hear you see that as a positive.

I’m really sorry to hear... More

6. "World Class Training and Career Opportunities"

Current Employee - Vice President Technical Recruitment in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Technical Recruitment in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started my career as a Recruitment Consultant at Robert Walters more than a decade ago. I decided to join Robert Walters because their profesionalism, infrastructure and support for someone coming into the industry with no recruitment experience but most importantly for their training and development.

Robert Walters offered me a career not just a job and the opportunity to work overseas if I was interested.

I started my career as a consultant in Australia and moved my way up to Director level. After several years in our Sydney office I had the opportunity to move to San Francisco to start a new discipline within the business.

Lot's of people ask me why I have stayed with Robert Walters for so many years and my response has been always the same. What makes Robert Walters different to other businesses is their people!

Cons

The San Francisco market works very different than the rest of the world and the way that Robert Walters operate globally its very different than this market however there has been a lot of changes so the business is operating with the market standards.

Advice to Management

To continue listening to the employees and take the feedback onboard

7. ""Great culture, great opportunities""

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing colleagues, inspiring leadership team and a work place that develops their people. The management team are approachable and have designed a number of training programs that enhance both your development and business acumen. As long as you work hard, you have all the tools at your disposable to carve out a very successfully career. The company are making great strides and have hired some great people, if’s an extremely exciting place to be right now.

Cons

It’s a hard job and can be taxing at times but if you are passionate about your industry it can be very rewarding!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing – Hire great people, listening to them and retain them.

8. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing colleagues. Great training. Outstanding work experience ! Unique insights to new start ups all over the bay area and great opportunities to network with the best of the best in SF!

Cons

Sometimes you have to work long hours to get the job done

Advice to Management

Love the flexibility, keep it up! The snack are great, would love more. Work from home would be nice

9. "Exceeded expectations in San Francisco!"

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had heard mixed things about Robert Walters as a global recruitment business. But the San Francisco office is fantastic.

-Really good training
    -Partnered with VC companies to give great clients
    -High performing office
    -Great incentives and clear structure
    -Nice view of the Bay Bridge.
    -Great people.
    -Mac books
    -Quarterly parties/events.
    -Clear promotion targets
    -A company that is actually global. I have worked for big international companies before and they are not a unit, Robert Walters is. You will have opportunities to relocate internationally if you do well for 2 years.
    - Experienced leadership who guide you every step of the way.

Cons

There is nothing I could say here that would not sound a bit petty given all the pros. Yes it would be nice to not always start at 9am on the dot and be good to be able to check personal email on the work computers. But in the grand scheme of things I can not really fault the place.

We don't have all the thrills of some of our tech company clients, but they have built a solid environment here.

"Great culture, career development opportunities, and earning potential"

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

- Extremely lucrative if you work hard
    - Young employees (mostly British expects), lively environment
    - Very competitive, money driven
    - Incentives (ex: vacation in luxury destination for great sales performance)

Cons

- Long hours + high pressure
    - You have to be on your toes at all times to not fall behind, can be exhausting