Robert Walters Reviews | Glassdoor

Robert Walters Reviews

Updated February 15, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Long working hours, work/life balance could be better (in 13 reviews)

• Can be long hours but pay is above market rate (in 17 reviews)

1. "Manager"

Pros

Great company culture, excellent training, quality systems in comparison to most competitors.

Cons

Difficulty balancing administrative tasks with production responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Stronger support for top producers would lead to more time spent on production vs administration.

2. "Consultant"

Pros

Good team environment and the managers are always there to help you.

Cons

Some micro-management and late hours are common

"Horrible place and people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

I can't think of one pro there is nothing positive about working at Robert Walters New York. Horrible atmosphere and not nice management

Cons

People talk behind each other's back then smile to their face. A lot of bad attitudes. The 'higher' up thinks he is all that. What a joker!

Advice to Management

Be more respectful to your employees.

5. "Get in, get out."

I worked at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Strong corporate infrastructure and training/support of those entering the recruitment industry. Good brand recognition in many markets. Diverse industry coverage. Opportunity for career advancement likely, though not within the organization.

Cons

Once past the 'novice/beginner' level, the 'intermediate' level can be quite tedious in terms of challenge/reward for those looking to make a career there. Performance metrics tend to focus too much on actions even when achieving strong results. Can be good for those who need micro management but not for those who don't.

Advice to Management

Compensation could be less opaque.

6. "Manager"

I worked at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Famous recruitment agency globally. rich client resources and candidate database.

Cons

Lack of employment consideration on work overtime. No compensation on working OT. Very high pressure. Less employment caring.

Advice to Management

Enhance the employment relation management. Organize more projects and events for employers caring.

7. "Office Manager"

Current Employee - Office Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Robert Walters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best experience I've had in my professional career! I work with an incredible and diverse group of people - from all across the world - creating a unique work environment full of intelligent, hard working individuals with colorful personalities. This particular location embodies the "Work hard, Play hard" mentality. The staff is extremely supportive of one another which explains their consistent success. Above all, I must praise the management team who continues to promote from within and value their staff more than any company I've worked for in the past. The managing director is particularly fantastic. His passion and love for this location/company shows every day. I feel like an important, even vital, piece of this puzzle which is an invaluable feeling that does not come easy in the business world. Hard work is definitely rewarded here and I would recommend this company to any of my peers.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about this company. I am very happy here.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within, reward your hard working employees, and inspire new employees with your excellent mentorship!

"Two Thumbs Way Down!"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Robert Walters full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a few nice people in the office who actually care. Can not say that about everyone though. A couple of good clients. Two solid billers in the whole office while the rest are mediocre.

Cons

People are Micro managed from day one. No freedom to build your book of business on your own terms as managers don't allow members of their team to reach out to entire banks if they know one person there. Strict following of KPIs regardless of results. Absolutely awful leadership and communication. Certain managers decide to come and go as they please. Not a great place for woman to work due to the things that are said in the office. This is the furthest thing from a team culture.

Advice to Management

Theres a reason that this is one of the most underperforming branches of Robert Walters and it only has 17 recruiters in New York city. Start paying people what they deserve and maybe they will stick around. Also treat all employees the same and don't let one person do whatever they want.

"Executive Recruiter"

Former Employee - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Robert Walters full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun and young employees. Decent work environment. Good base pay and commission possibilities.

Cons

Micro managed from day one. No freedom to build your book of business on your own terms. Strict following of KPIs regardless of results. Poor leadership and communication.

Advice to Management

Let your employees run their clients and candidates in their own way. Don't micromanage.

Robert Walters Response

Dec 30, 2015 – Robert Walters

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our fun working environment and good remuneration packages. We pride ... More

10. "Great place to learn the trade"

Former Employee - Recruiting Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruiting Consultant

I worked at Robert Walters full-time

Pros

Supportive environment that challenges you to work on your own and build "your business"

Cons

Global comp structure not competitive with US local market

11. "Nothing"

Pros

Good office location in a city.

Cons

Too much traffic on the way to office.