Robert Walters Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated May 2, 2021

Found 43 of over 1,023 reviews

4.6
Robert Walters CEO Toby Fowlston
Toby Fowlston

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great work environment and work that actually feels like a contribution.

Nov 29, 2020 - Summer Intern in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing work environment and staff.

Cons

Pay was a little low, but internships are more about experience.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Career Launchpad w/ Int'l Opportunities

Oct 14, 2020 - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Fast-paced work environment working with diverse and interesting client base -Good place for young professionals to jump into a recruitment/sales career with opportunities for rapid career advancement -Fun, lively, and inclusive office culture w/ plenty of external events -Opportunities for international relocation after 2 years -Good training and onboarding process for people without prior recruitment experience

Cons

-Comparatively long hours (just the nature of recruitment in general) -Benefits package is improving all the time, but still lagged other companies in the SF Bay Area in certain areas. 401K matching starts after a year.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Office Manager

Jan 20, 2016 - Office Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best experience I've had in my professional career! I work with an incredible and diverse group of people - from all across the world - creating a unique work environment full of intelligent, hard working individuals with colorful personalities. This particular location embodies the "Work hard, Play hard" mentality. The staff is extremely supportive of one another which explains their consistent success. Above all, I must praise the management team who continues to promote from within and value their staff more than any company I've worked for in the past. The managing director is particularly fantastic. His passion and love for this location/company shows every day. I feel like an important, even vital, piece of this puzzle which is an invaluable feeling that does not come easy in the business world. Hard work is definitely rewarded here and I would recommend this company to any of my peers.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about this company. I am very happy here.

4. 5.0

Fantastic Collaborative Learning Atmosphere

Mar 17, 2015 - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management who cares about the staff and works hard daily to develop them. Cordial, fun work environment. Every day was a fun, new experience. Learnings and best practices are shared freely by all senior staff and leadership through both formal meetings and ad hoc gudance. The perfect place for a new recruiter just starting out or a seasoned pro looking to up their game or mentor the next generation.

Cons

Sales can be a tough racket. This is not for everyone but if you have the drive and the passion, the leader of this firm's NY office will make it his mission to get you to be the best you can be.

1 person found this review helpful

Global HR Director

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time working at Robert Walters.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing and rewarding company to work for!

Feb 28, 2018 - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome colleagues, fun and team-focused work environment, weekly happy hours, and overall just a great company that cares about you, your growth, and your future! I began working at Robert Walters closely after college in an admin role, and it's the perfect place to jump start your career, especially if you are interested in recruitment. Your work and efforts are always rewarded, recognized, and appreciated.

Cons

A few outdated and old school processes

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Really positive environment

Oct 18, 2016 - Executive Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive, supportive working environment Experienced management Successful office Great client base

Cons

Lots of hard work The San Francisco tech start-up market is exciting but complex and challenging

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Executive Recruiter

Nov 23, 2015 - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and young employees. Decent work environment. Good base pay and commission possibilities.

Cons

Micro managed from day one. No freedom to build your book of business on your own terms. Strict following of KPIs regardless of results. Poor leadership and communication.

6 people found this review helpful

Robert Walters

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our fun working environment and good remuneration packages. We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial environment and like to give our consultants the room to build their own client base. It’s a shame you didn’t feel that was the case, however rest assured that entrepreneurialism is a cornerstone of our business model. If you would like to discuss anything further, please feel free to get in touch with me; Kurt Kraeger, MD, New York, kurt.kraeger@robertwalters.com.

8. 3.0

Generally good

May 30, 2015 - Intern in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary and benefits, many opportunities to attend events and meetings, good work environment. Energetic, fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere

Cons

Back office were not treated with respect as sales people. A lot of phone calls which can make it very noisy environment. Heavy work load.

4 people found this review helpful

Global HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very pleased to hear that you were happy with our salary and benefits package and enjoyed the working environment in the New York office. As you say yourself the atmosphere is energetic and fast-paced and recruitment is a job that requires a lot of time spent on the phone. That means it can be noisy, but that does create a buzzy environment. We do have private meeting rooms however, where people go to take calls and hold meetings. In a sales business, it can feel like those on the frontline, making money for the business, take precedence, but that is certainly not our intention. Without our back office staff we wouldn’t exist as a business and Rob, Giles and the board thank you for your contribution. I add my thanks too and if you would like to discuss anything further, please feel free to get in touch with me; Ingrid, Group HR Director, at contact@robertwalters.com.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Toxic recruitment environment

Apr 2, 2017 - Executive Recruiter in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- casual work environment. It's very hard to think of any pros given how far behind this environment compared to others.

Cons

- no career development - boys club management team - managers care more about their billings than there team. - none existent bonus's - no collaboration or direct vision - be careful they don't sell you on false benefits

6 people found this review helpful

HR

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your opinion and take all employee feedback seriously. It’s disappointing to hear that you feel this way as we pride ourselves on being professional and hold ourselves to really high standards. We also encourage diversity - over 60% of our 3,000+ employees are women. We strive to provide our people with long-term careers, in fact the average tenure of our senior management team is 13 years. We’re also a meritocratic business and strongly believe in developing and promoting our people from within. Sales can be tough and it’s not for everyone, but the team-based profit share model which we operate around the world usually ensures everyone is supported in reaching their targets. We find this works a lot better than individual commission and results in a more team-focused and less competitive environment for our people. We never like getting a bad write-up and always encourage people to let us know if they are having any issues – if you would like to discuss any of this in confidence, please feel free to contact me at kurt.kraeger@robertwalters.com. Kurt Kraeger, MD, New York

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Experience

Apr 21, 2021 - Support Manager in Tokyo
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive work environment, collaborative and very strong team. Excellent leadership principles that most do their best to follow. MD happy to listen and hear feedback and ideas for improvement from staff.

Cons

Slow/resistant to add more flexibility, but unfortunately some people have taken advantage in the past, so understandable.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Reviews