Roberts Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Dan J. Roberts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good so Far! - 2 Months In."

Current Employee - Pre Closer in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Pre Closer in Wentzville, MO

Pros

Environment, hours, and management style! I worked at the Pisa Group for almost a year and had several people quit to come here so eventually I did the same. I was impressed with the environment as I figured it would all be hype but it’s actually really cool. Very different than the call centers I’ve worked in before, you can’t rush with these people because they are seniours so nobody is standing over you all the time.

I’m on the marketing side and don’t get me wrong you have to work or things can go south quick and that’s what I see with some people that just come in and try to do nothing all day. I’ve only been here for about 2 months but everyone one that I started with but two people are still here so the turn over rate can’t be as bad as some of the recent reviews say it is, especially since my class had 14 people in it.

Bonus structure is simple, you get 15 dollars for each transfer that sales. The more you average the more you get. You get 25 dollars for each one if you average over 10 sales a week. Not everybody does that but there are quite a few. Some of these reviews are just crazy and so far I can’t buy into many of them with what I’ve seen. It’s impossible to not bonus even if your brand new and I say that because I’m just out of training by about 3 weeks so some of these people are just negative and chances are that’s why they are not here. The people here seem to be pretty tight and don’t deel with a lot of drama

Cons

Make breaks longer and lunch shorter. Like two 20 min breaks and a 30 minute lunch instead of an hour. I smoke and since you have to smoke in your car, it’s hard to do in 10 min.

I read the reiview about parking and it’s no different than any other place who has a lot of people. Get there late and you gotta walk further. This is why I think some of these people just like to complain! Lol. Parking? This placed used to be a mall so there is kinda plenty of it! Lol.

2. "poor decisions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wentzville, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wentzville, MO

I worked at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

people were nice to work with

Cons

bad decision making on owners part

3. "Awful"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Wentzville, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Wentzville, MO

I worked at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Early release on Friday. Other than that, I really don't see many positives at all. I hated every minute I worked at this place.

Cons

Everything else. Management lies horribly. Was told there was no cold calling. Bald faced lie. Was told that everyone was pre approved, bald faced lie.

Advice to Management

Complete overhaul necessary

4. "Typical Scam Corporation Ran By Former USFidelis Management"

Former Employee - Pre-Qualifier in Wentzville, MO
    Former Employee - Pre-Qualifier in Wentzville, MO

I worked at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees were nice, work was relatively easy.

Cons

LOTS of people from USFidelis were among the top tier when I was employed here. Did some research on those closest to the Roberts family and they have a history of moving to different states frequently. When I worked here, the principle of the job was to use a VOIP client called 'spark' to call seniors and inform them about the benefits of life insurance. (There were lists of people, it is debatable if these people are expressed true interest in insurance.) Most of the people we were calling were in dire straits and couldn't afford to feed their pets, much less get insurance. I will be honest, I quit this place. However, I could have been easily terminated due to 'not believing in the product.' Here is the truth; selling to people over the phone (Most older folks pick up the phone due to loneliness, they want someone to talk to.) is heartbreaking and stressful. These people need comfort and someone to respect them. This company is run by a guy that acts like he is the definition of moral integrity.. Obviously he has more nefarious motivations that stem from money. His track record of his numerous addresses confirms my suspicions. Bottom line: this place is run by a crook and they need people that are desperate for money to do a job that borders on evil.

Advice to Management

Since the owner seems to have the Over-Zealous and self absorbed mentality the Atkinsons (of USFidelis) did; I don't see him providing people under him a steady future forever. Companies like this last about 8-10 years and eventually get buried under legal issues and lawsuits. He claims 20 years of business; however, his company has changed names several times. (His website used to refer to another company he started elsewhere, its where the leads came from.) Beware if you choose this career path; don't be upset when they terminate you for something trivial; or for not displaying proper faith in their services. Advice to management..

- Stop acting like cut rate used car salesmen. Have some class and dignity; and treat your customers with that same respect, as well as your employees.

- Sometimes leads just don't work out. Accusing employees of 'cherry picking' when they cannot get an absolute NO turned around is just an excuse for the terrible leads you provide the employees. Stop acting like they are perfect. They are definitely FAR from perfect.

- Taking advice from anyone that ran USFidelis in any capacity of HR or management is a scary thing... Being that I also worked at USFidelis, I saw the owners and some of the leadership team go to prison over some of these same tactics. This is a slippery slope, and you are the better part of 6 years into it. I bet you have your own satellite dedicated to you by now. (by the IRS and the Feds)

"This place is a complete joke."

Former Employee - Field Underwriter
    Former Employee - Field Underwriter

I worked at Roberts Marketing Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is not one good thing I can can about this place it was a total waste of my time and money.

Cons

Stop lying you do not posses live television transfers! Get out of this business before the Dept of Insurance shut you down.lease do not waste your money as an agent on their platform. They do not possess any live transfer from television. I got out of there as soon as I figured this out they, only have warmed up tele marketed cold calls. This company has no integrity very dishonest to the seniors as well, these people can not afford these policies they are on a fixed income. I will be posting in the Northstar review board as well it was hard to find reviews for Northstar when I was doing my original research but I do not want anyone else to waste their time, effort and money.

Advice to Management

Stop cheating and lying agents that are trying to make a living for themselves. If the leads are cold calls just say that! Just awful!

"horrible company"

Pros

Hours are reasonable, no nights or weekends.

Cons

poor management, not honest people

Roberts Marketing Group Response

May 27, 2015 – recruiter

We appreciate your review and feedback regarding your experience with our company - even if it was not a great one. While your comments were absent in detail we certainly understand that this... More

"Don't believe the Hype the turn over rate is insane!"

Former Employee - Pre Qualifier On Fast Track to Closer in Wentzville, MO
    Former Employee - Pre Qualifier On Fast Track to Closer in Wentzville, MO

I worked at Roberts Marketing Group (Less than a year)

Pros

The process of getting hot leads are great.
    The work hours are mon- fri and you get off by 2pm on a fri and off every weekend is great..
    Most of management is nice.

Cons

As a pre qualifier you get bonus based on the closer sells end; beware not all closer can close deals which leaves you with a light check.
    As a pre qualifier you make 200-257 calls a day with a horrible bonus scale leaving you feeling robbed do to the low closing rate that will make you sick when it should be a close deal.
    You cant get your pay check or paycheck stub until the end of the day, because they do mess up sometimes.
    They have fave that get better leads then other people, that they promote as top earner, as if it is all skill the leads would sell them self's.
    I ask about benefits and got the run around, its just to many smoke and mirrors.
    Its a reason why they run ads on craigslist all the time its not because of growth its the turnover rate.
    Also parking is a joke.

Advice to Management

Better bonus structure for pre qualifiers.
    Also 10 min breaks are a joke when your force to take a hour lunch, which could be cut down to 45 mins and then giving long break time just give people a choice that all.

Roberts Marketing Group Response

Feb 3, 2015 – recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Leads are developed and sent by pre-qualifiers to closers, as you said. Sometimes you may send one to a closer who is new and in training and may not... More

"Good Sales Gig!"

Current Employee - Inbound Closer in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Inbound Closer in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've done a lot of different sales jobs over the years, outside sales, inside sales b2b, car sales, pharma sales, you name it and most of them are not what they are cracked up to be!!! To be frank I thought the same thing about RMG until I started working here 4 months ago. I interviewed for the Sales position and was made an offer with a 2,000 base plus bonuses. I thought training was good but very different, it made sense in the end because you are working with seniors and the approach is not the normal type of sales and that's something I had to get used too! The environment and management style they talk about is exactly the way it is, it's very energetic and they like to have some fun anytime they can. We just had a chili cook off and a Halloween contest for Halloween and it seems like they do a lot of stuff like that. My biggest fear was the bonus part because of what I've been sold on before and luckily this comp plan is very simple. I did start off a little slow because I am used to more aggressive type of sales but last month was better and this month is looking pretty good so far. There are a few younger girls here that seem to be killing it and making some really good money, like 85 90 thousand from what I've seen on the boards. Little hard on the ego for my experience but I made around 5k last month with bonus so cant complain with being fairly new. Turnover seems low atleast with my training class and they've been bring in people so it does seem like we are getting bigger. Overall very happy with my decision, very little negatives behind it so far.

Cons

Only hard part for me was getting used to building a ton of rapport. Sometimes I would forget what I was doing and then struggle to get back on track. The training is longer than normal so you don't make quick money but when you hit the phones you realize why training was long. It's not that it's super hard, just different if your not used to a lot of rapport building and longer phone calls. Truly gotta kill them with kindness here which is better then being pushy i guess!!

Advice to Management

If there was a way to shorten training so that you could bonus quicker that would be cool. Probably wouldn't of helped me but maybe some others that are more used to call center stuff.

9. "Don't waste your time."

Former Employee - Pre Closer in Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Pre Closer in Lake Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are nice that I worked with, floor management are not bad people, some seem very stressed.

Cons

I was reading a Roberts response to a negative review which by the way the negative review was pretty spot on. In the Roberts response they state that everyone now bonuses which is not entirely true AT ALL and the bonus is not very much even if you kill it on the "Pre Closer" side. Base pay at $10 an hour is not aggressive at all considering the mind numbing job of speaking to old people that are financially challenged about insurance. Beware of jobs that have to sell you on how great the opportunity is, if this is the case it is usually a stinker like this is.

Advice to Management

Stop blowing smoke and really get aggressive; now that would be $15 an hour plus bonus.

10. "NEW PAY PLAN IS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Pre-closer in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Pre-closer in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I think I speak for most people that work here when I say that we love the people and the environment here but the base pay was just too low! Doing telemarketing is pretty tough but the people here and the people you get to talk to are super fun to be around so I stuck it out longer than a lot of people. Now as the company seems to have grown quite a bit they just changed the pay plan to really start keeping and attracting more people! Now it’s a $10.00 base pay plus the same bonus structure as before so it’s WAY BETTER... Every sale you get bonused so no quotas. They made this retro active so everybody who works here on the marketing side just got a 2 dollar an hour raise! This is pretty sweet because as I mentioned the job and the environement itself is really good, just the pay was kinda low! Now I should average around 13 bucks an hour with bonus and with no weekends and getting out early on Fridays, it’s sweet since I have a little girl! Anybody I talked to about working here before I would tell them that I really like my job but have tempted to leave due to pay but now that my base is 10 an hour and I still get the same bonuses it makes a huge different especially being a single mother. Thanks RMG!

Cons

Get a better benefits like 401k, dental. Insurance here is ok but having 401k dental and stuff like that would be better.