Roberts Marketing Group Reviews in Wentzville, MO | Glassdoor

Updated February 13, 2017

Wentzville, MO

Dan J. Roberts

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good so Far! - 2 Months In."

Current Employee - Pre Closer in Wentzville, MO

Pros

Environment, hours, and management style! I worked at the Pisa Group for almost a year and had several people quit to come here so eventually I did the same. I was impressed with the environment as I figured it would all be hype but it’s actually really cool. Very different than the call centers I’ve worked in before, you can’t rush with these people because they are seniours so nobody is standing over you all the time.

I’m on the marketing side and don’t get me wrong you have to work or things can go south quick and that’s what I see with some people that just come in and try to do nothing all day. I’ve only been here for about 2 months but everyone one that I started with but two people are still here so the turn over rate can’t be as bad as some of the recent reviews say it is, especially since my class had 14 people in it.

Bonus structure is simple, you get 15 dollars for each transfer that sales. The more you average the more you get. You get 25 dollars for each one if you average over 10 sales a week. Not everybody does that but there are quite a few. Some of these reviews are just crazy and so far I can’t buy into many of them with what I’ve seen. It’s impossible to not bonus even if your brand new and I say that because I’m just out of training by about 3 weeks so some of these people are just negative and chances are that’s why they are not here. The people here seem to be pretty tight and don’t deel with a lot of drama

Cons

Make breaks longer and lunch shorter. Like two 20 min breaks and a 30 minute lunch instead of an hour. I smoke and since you have to smoke in your car, it’s hard to do in 10 min.

I read the reiview about parking and it’s no different than any other place who has a lot of people. Get there late and you gotta walk further. This is why I think some of these people just like to complain! Lol. Parking? This placed used to be a mall so there is kinda plenty of it! Lol.

2. "poor decisions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wentzville, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wentzville, MO

I worked at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

people were nice to work with

Cons

bad decision making on owners part

3. "Awful"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Wentzville, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Wentzville, MO

I worked at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Early release on Friday. Other than that, I really don't see many positives at all. I hated every minute I worked at this place.

Cons

Everything else. Management lies horribly. Was told there was no cold calling. Bald faced lie. Was told that everyone was pre approved, bald faced lie.

Advice to Management

Complete overhaul necessary

4. "Typical Scam Corporation Ran By Former USFidelis Management"

Former Employee - Pre-Qualifier in Wentzville, MO
    Former Employee - Pre-Qualifier in Wentzville, MO

I worked at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees were nice, work was relatively easy.

Cons

LOTS of people from USFidelis were among the top tier when I was employed here. Did some research on those closest to the Roberts family and they have a history of moving to different states frequently. When I worked here, the principle of the job was to use a VOIP client called 'spark' to call seniors and inform them about the benefits of life insurance. (There were lists of people, it is debatable if these people are expressed true interest in insurance.) Most of the people we were calling were in dire straits and couldn't afford to feed their pets, much less get insurance. I will be honest, I quit this place. However, I could have been easily terminated due to 'not believing in the product.' Here is the truth; selling to people over the phone (Most older folks pick up the phone due to loneliness, they want someone to talk to.) is heartbreaking and stressful. These people need comfort and someone to respect them. This company is run by a guy that acts like he is the definition of moral integrity.. Obviously he has more nefarious motivations that stem from money. His track record of his numerous addresses confirms my suspicions. Bottom line: this place is run by a crook and they need people that are desperate for money to do a job that borders on evil.

Advice to Management

Since the owner seems to have the Over-Zealous and self absorbed mentality the Atkinsons (of USFidelis) did; I don't see him providing people under him a steady future forever. Companies like this last about 8-10 years and eventually get buried under legal issues and lawsuits. He claims 20 years of business; however, his company has changed names several times. (His website used to refer to another company he started elsewhere, its where the leads came from.) Beware if you choose this career path; don't be upset when they terminate you for something trivial; or for not displaying proper faith in their services. Advice to management..

- Stop acting like cut rate used car salesmen. Have some class and dignity; and treat your customers with that same respect, as well as your employees.

- Sometimes leads just don't work out. Accusing employees of 'cherry picking' when they cannot get an absolute NO turned around is just an excuse for the terrible leads you provide the employees. Stop acting like they are perfect. They are definitely FAR from perfect.

- Taking advice from anyone that ran USFidelis in any capacity of HR or management is a scary thing... Being that I also worked at USFidelis, I saw the owners and some of the leadership team go to prison over some of these same tactics. This is a slippery slope, and you are the better part of 6 years into it. I bet you have your own satellite dedicated to you by now. (by the IRS and the Feds)

"Don't believe the Hype the turn over rate is insane!"

Former Employee - Pre Qualifier On Fast Track to Closer in Wentzville, MO
    Former Employee - Pre Qualifier On Fast Track to Closer in Wentzville, MO

I worked at Roberts Marketing Group (Less than a year)

Pros

The process of getting hot leads are great.
    The work hours are mon- fri and you get off by 2pm on a fri and off every weekend is great..
    Most of management is nice.

Cons

As a pre qualifier you get bonus based on the closer sells end; beware not all closer can close deals which leaves you with a light check.
    As a pre qualifier you make 200-257 calls a day with a horrible bonus scale leaving you feeling robbed do to the low closing rate that will make you sick when it should be a close deal.
    You cant get your pay check or paycheck stub until the end of the day, because they do mess up sometimes.
    They have fave that get better leads then other people, that they promote as top earner, as if it is all skill the leads would sell them self's.
    I ask about benefits and got the run around, its just to many smoke and mirrors.
    Its a reason why they run ads on craigslist all the time its not because of growth its the turnover rate.
    Also parking is a joke.

Advice to Management

Better bonus structure for pre qualifiers.
    Also 10 min breaks are a joke when your force to take a hour lunch, which could be cut down to 45 mins and then giving long break time just give people a choice that all.

Roberts Marketing Group Response

Feb 3, 2015 – recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Leads are developed and sent by pre-qualifiers to closers, as you said. Sometimes you may send one to a closer who is new and in training and may not... More

"Good Sales Gig!"

Current Employee - Inbound Closer in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Inbound Closer in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've done a lot of different sales jobs over the years, outside sales, inside sales b2b, car sales, pharma sales, you name it and most of them are not what they are cracked up to be!!! To be frank I thought the same thing about RMG until I started working here 4 months ago. I interviewed for the Sales position and was made an offer with a 2,000 base plus bonuses. I thought training was good but very different, it made sense in the end because you are working with seniors and the approach is not the normal type of sales and that's something I had to get used too! The environment and management style they talk about is exactly the way it is, it's very energetic and they like to have some fun anytime they can. We just had a chili cook off and a Halloween contest for Halloween and it seems like they do a lot of stuff like that. My biggest fear was the bonus part because of what I've been sold on before and luckily this comp plan is very simple. I did start off a little slow because I am used to more aggressive type of sales but last month was better and this month is looking pretty good so far. There are a few younger girls here that seem to be killing it and making some really good money, like 85 90 thousand from what I've seen on the boards. Little hard on the ego for my experience but I made around 5k last month with bonus so cant complain with being fairly new. Turnover seems low atleast with my training class and they've been bring in people so it does seem like we are getting bigger. Overall very happy with my decision, very little negatives behind it so far.

Cons

Only hard part for me was getting used to building a ton of rapport. Sometimes I would forget what I was doing and then struggle to get back on track. The training is longer than normal so you don't make quick money but when you hit the phones you realize why training was long. It's not that it's super hard, just different if your not used to a lot of rapport building and longer phone calls. Truly gotta kill them with kindness here which is better then being pushy i guess!!

Advice to Management

If there was a way to shorten training so that you could bonus quicker that would be cool. Probably wouldn't of helped me but maybe some others that are more used to call center stuff.

7. "NEW PAY PLAN IS SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Pre-closer in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Pre-closer in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I think I speak for most people that work here when I say that we love the people and the environment here but the base pay was just too low! Doing telemarketing is pretty tough but the people here and the people you get to talk to are super fun to be around so I stuck it out longer than a lot of people. Now as the company seems to have grown quite a bit they just changed the pay plan to really start keeping and attracting more people! Now it’s a $10.00 base pay plus the same bonus structure as before so it’s WAY BETTER... Every sale you get bonused so no quotas. They made this retro active so everybody who works here on the marketing side just got a 2 dollar an hour raise! This is pretty sweet because as I mentioned the job and the environement itself is really good, just the pay was kinda low! Now I should average around 13 bucks an hour with bonus and with no weekends and getting out early on Fridays, it’s sweet since I have a little girl! Anybody I talked to about working here before I would tell them that I really like my job but have tempted to leave due to pay but now that my base is 10 an hour and I still get the same bonuses it makes a huge different especially being a single mother. Thanks RMG!

Cons

Get a better benefits like 401k, dental. Insurance here is ok but having 401k dental and stuff like that would be better.

"Getting better"

Current Employee - Precloser in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Precloser in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours, environment and staff are all super great! Very nice and friendly people here. Ive worked her for 8 months and the only thing negative i could say is that the bonuses are a little hard to reach. It makes you think your doing a bad job sometimes becuase there are people that somehow hit bonus every week but i don't know how! The good thing is that i think people have complained about it enough that they made some changes in how the pay works... Now each person will bonus no matter what, no qoutas to hit bonus. every transfer i send over that gets sold is 15 bucks.. Then if i do good and average over 6 a week i get 20 for each one. I think 10 a week is 25. I havent average over 10 a week but 6 is not bad. Very happy about change because i enjoy working here and now I'm making more money!

Cons

cell phone rule. i think its becuase they have to get personal info from the clients on the sales side so cant have phones.

Advice to Management

make changes quicker. Ive seen a lot of people quit but now i think more will stay with the new pay plan. I think the sales side has a new plan too. Not 100 percent sure how it works but i think its better than before from what ive heard.

"Opportunity to make money when the job market is sluggish."

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Wentzville, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Wentzville, MO

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Need a job to gain income, great place to start.

Cons

Monotonous, boring and uneventful at times.

Advice to Management

No advice because it's their business with opportunities for advancement that has been thought through.

"If it seems to good to be true it really is."

I have been working at Roberts Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not many, The hours being weekends off and off at 2 of Fridays. If you can handle working for bare pay it's an easy job. Leadership is good. 1 hour lunch breaks.

Cons

A perfect sales pitch is given to all new hires. Making it sound like the job of a lifetime and making it like you won the lottery! Only to be realized that a very small portion of there staff has been there for at least 6 months. Most start in the Telemarketing side vs Sales. The bonus structure looks to be amazing. But in reality very few hit Bonus. So what do you have for job security? A 8.00 an hour job that suppose to be the most aggressive pay structure in the industry. LOL! Wow are they idiots. I will say that everyone in there leadership could sell a pen to a lot of people even if they would never use it. They all know each other and are in the positions for a reason. The company is all talk. Sure it's really easy to laugh and joke and clap at your Pre Closers cause your not making $8.00 an hour. It's like they have a Family of Chiefs running the place. What most will say after working there the first few weeks. What did I get myself into? To wrap up this. Overall if you need a job and are willing to stick it out for no matter how low of pay. Then Roberts may be a good fit for you. But overall can you say Capital SCAM!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Quit BS'ing new staff and promising that you will make as much money as possible. Be more honest and open to how it all works. And being truthful that not many do bonus and a lot of times you will be making a low wage. It's really insulting to see you hype up a Company and exaggerate it's potential. Mr.Roberts and Mrs.Roberts do seem like decent people. But pay your workers a living wage. Turnover will never slow down if you don't make the right changes and be more open and honest.

Roberts Marketing Group Response

Aug 12, 2014 – recruiter

Thank you for your review. We read all reviews for any constructive criticism that is offered, so we can evaluate our business from the first line employee’s perspective. Your review along with... More