Robinhood Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Robinhood Co-Founders and Co-CEOs Baiju Bhatt and Vlad Tenev
Baiju Bhatt and Vlad Tenev

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Democratizing the American financial system" (in 12 reviews)

• "It's a fun group of people to eat lunch with during the week or play board games with at the end of a long week" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "No 401k matching yet, but hopefully will get it in the future" (in 8 reviews)

• "The company is still in its early stages, but each team has a long term focus" (in 2 reviews)

"Support Associate"

Current Employee - Support Associate
    Current Employee - Support Associate

I have been working at Robinhood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Too many to count honestly.

The pay and benefits are incomparable. Starting pay is $18 per hour as a support associated and all benefits for the employee are covered by Robinhood. Medical, dental, vision are paid for completely and with my wife on my plan, I only have to pay about for about 33% of her medical cost while her dental and vision are covered as well.

There is paid parental leave, continuing development in the company as well as some reimbursement for courses outside of work. Paid time off is 4 weeks per year on a biweekly accruing basis. 8 sick days and holidays match financial market holidays.

The support management team is also amazing. There are weekly check ins with your direct supervisor to set expectations and discuss your progress, any concerns or problems you have, as well as any ideas you have. Jake, the manager of the support team, is an excellent leader.

Being completely honest, not having phone support at the moment is a huge pro. It's so much faster and easier to serve customers and help them through email rather than taking phone calls.

Robinhood provides lunch everyday and breakfast on Fridays which is amazing. There is also a fully stocked snack kitchen with a variety of drinks and snacks that are all free.

We also have company trips as well as departmental and team outings throughout the year which is fantastic. There was a weekend retreat to a resort near the HQ in California which was awesome. The outings to local areas are places like Universal, go-kart racing/arcades and others after work hours.

There are 2-3 weeks of training when you start (depending on scheduling and any holidays) which helps you get covered in many different basic support issues. After that you will have more periodic training over time to help develop you into new areas.

I can't think of anything else, but overall it is a fantastic company with an excellent culture that promotes teamwork and serving our customers in every way possible. Everyone from the CEOs down to support associates are always doing their best to help.

Cons

There really aren't many I can think of and the ones I do think of are really petty and irrelevant things like some bad lunches sometimes.

One issue specifically for support is the last of support associates. We serve millions of people with a very small team in place. I think we do fantastic work, however I know many customers feel like our support is lacking. Growing this department will help in the long run. I know it is happening slowly to make sure we get the right people in place, but in the short run it can be slightly discouraging to see a lot of people upset with out turnaround times.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on sustainable growth for the company. Keep doing better and better, but make sure to look back and fix as many ongoing issues as possible while continuing to press forward.

"A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step."

Current Employee - Customer Support Associate in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Support Associate in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Robinhood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Robinhood is truly an amazing company. I have never worked for a start-up company prior to Robinhood. This has been a truly rewarding experience. The people here are unique, funny, hard-working, intelligent, and ambitious. I am grateful for each day I get to work here. Now, enough of the mushy stuff. Here are the meat and potatoes I am sure you are looking for.

Pros:
    * Good Pay
    * Friendly Co-workers
    * Great Benefits
    * Autonomy
    * Career Advancement
    * High-Performance Culture

Cons

For a start-up, Robinhood has very few cons. However, there are only a few.

Cons:
    * No 401K matching
    * No Tuition Reimbursement for employees (There is tuition assistance available your family)

That's pretty much it. I told you there were only a few!

Advice to Management

Thank you for being flexible and understanding. We all really appreciate the tons of work each of you completes on a daily basis. I appreciate each of you for staying open-minded, flexible, caring, and productive as we continue to grow as a company.

3. "We are a rebel force disrupting the noninclusive financial system for the masses."

I have been working at Robinhood full-time

Pros

Working at Robinhood is the most fulfilling experience of my 25 years on Wall St. It’s not a conventional company, but rather an idea factory with a diverse collection of inspiring individuals who are given the autonomy to be creative and productive. Everyone here is the highest caliber person in their field, setting an entrepreneurial culture through a fast, fun, innovative and collaborative effort to reimagine what a financial services company should and CAN be. Our client centric focus is illustrated by our mission: to democratize America’s financial system; every day we are reinventing the system and setting the bar for others to follow, making the financial markets accessible to everyone of all socioeconomic backgrounds and experience.

Cons

After working here, you could never work for a conventional company ever again.

Advice to Management

Never lose the passion to help our customers.

"Hyper growth startup"

Current Employee - Android Developer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Android Developer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Robinhood full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- friendly intelligent and capable co-workers
    - small company makes it so that individuals can have greater impact
    - cool projects
    - good work life balance
    - tech company perks (food, games)
    - good PMs who are also technical

Cons

- normal growing pains common with any rapidly growing company
    - a lot of cool and diverse projects but sometimes you feel like you are being pulled in different directions by PMs / upper management

"Jump on this 🚀"

Current Employee - Vice President Engineering
    Current Employee - Vice President Engineering

I have been working at Robinhood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Robinhood has a compelling mission, an exciting product and an interesting business opportunity. It's going to be fun to help this company scale quickly over the next few years.

Cons

If you've never working in finance before, there's a lot to learn about how financial systems work. Sometimes these details can be tedious and arcane.

6. "Amazing company, amazing people!"

I have been working at Robinhood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• You get to disrupt an industry with some really cool people.
    • The work is challenging, but rewarding.
    • The mission and motives are pure.

Cons

• The only real con is low salary.

"Best place to work in this industry during this time!"

I have been working at Robinhood full-time

Pros

- Not your typical corporate structure.
    - Great benifits
    - Great culture
    - Everyone from the CEO's to the support staff cares about what they are doing and how they can help make it better

Cons

-You really need to be knowledgeable in your field you apply for. I mean like you really need to be the best of the best. Because of how new they are they do not have capacity to teach people how to do the job they need to produce from the begining

Advice to Management

Don't stop moving forward. You are doing very well.

"A special place"

I have been working at Robinhood full-time

Pros

This is the first time in my life I've ever been excited to come to work, and I've worked many different places. Robinhood has built a special culture by bringing on genuinely great people who are incredibly smart, humble, and mission-driven. The new office is beautiful and the company takes care of its employees. Despite growing very quickly, I feel like Robinhood is trying to do this in a thoughtful way that protects the company's culture, which is incredibly important (in my opinion). Talk to anyone here, and they will all say the same thing!

Cons

I honestly can't think of much. We have a ton of opportunity as a company, and continuing to be thoughtful of where we expand will be important.

"Most impact and freedom I’ve ever had. Loving it here"

Current Employee - Operations in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Robinhood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I used to work at Google. Robinhood is better.
    - Mission: my coworkers and I really believe in our mission to make the financial system work for the rest of us (not just rich people)
    - Impact: Robinhood is growing so fast that opportunities for growth are all over the place. If you are good at your main job, you’ll be trusted to do more and more. It’s very high growth and high risk/reward here
    - Culture: there’s a warmth and openness that makes this place welcoming every day. On the other hand there’s also a kind of rebelliousness (such as a belief that users deserve things for free that other places charge for) that is awesome fuel to innovate
    - Transparency: founders share extremely sensitive data about our key metrics and strategies every week at all hands. LOVE the transparency at all levels

Cons

We have some of the usual growing pains of a unicorn going through explosive growth, but I think our leaders are working through this stuff:
    - Space: it’s packed to the gills! I don’t love completely open office space either. But we are moving to a new, much larger office with outdoor gardens and courtyards in a few weeks. Our new space will have more quiet work areas for introverts like me
    - No hand-holding: for me this is a plus as I like big, undefined problems to tackle to earn my stripes. People who need a ton of predictable structure or who don’t like change or growth won’t thrive here unless they can quickly adapt

Advice to Management

Preserve the amazing culture! Keep hiring high growth people who can grow as fast as the company. Keep eyes on the prize (the mission).

"On a mission to democratize America's financial system"

I have been working at Robinhood full-time

Pros

Robinhood is mission driven and focused on helping a larger percentage of the population participate in the financial system. The team is laser focused.

The team is smart, diverse and laser focused!

Cons

The current office is overflowing! New one coming soon.

Advice to Management

Stay focused and keep shipping