Robinhood Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Robinhood Co-Founders and Co-CEOs Baiju Bhatt and Vlad Tenev
Baiju Bhatt and Vlad Tenev

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Democratizing the American financial system" (in 12 reviews)

• "The company culture is amazing and there is never a day I don't want to come into work" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "No 401k matching yet, but hopefully will get it in the future" (in 7 reviews)

• "The company is still in its early stages, but each team has a long term focus" (in 2 reviews)

"Robinhood 1 year later"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Robinhood full-time

Pros

I've never felt compelled to write a company review before now, so here goes. I have been employed at Robinhood - Lake Mary for just over a year now. At times it's been frustrating, tiring, and aggravating, long hours and late nights. But, within the past year I have been exposed to more facets and departments within a clearing firm, than in my previous 8+ years are other clearing firms and in the end it's been worth it. I got exposure to the whole wheel and not just a cog in the wheel, I was allowed outside of the proverbial silo to explore new areas. Robinhood allows you to flourish, expand your horizons and increase your knowledge base. Recently there was some apprehension with regards to compensation, would Robinhood be the change they are attempting to me or status quo. Robinhood put their money with their mouth is, listened to it's employees, HR and compensated fairly. I took a risk leaving an established firm and coming to Robinhood, I can honestly say I made the best decision career wise in my life.

Cons

The only con would be the ambiguous nature of the job, if you are a person that prefers structure and being told what to do daily, Robinhood is not a place for you. You get what you put into it.

Advice to Management

Work on customer support, the customer lines of communication could use some upgrades (Phones, Chat, E-mail), as well as more communication from RH to customers about upcoming events (corporate actions, dividends), outages, etc... Customer support should be 5 star and rival Amazon, currently we are lacking in that area.

"Toxic environment with inappropriate sexual relationships between management and subordinates"

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Robinhood full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is fast paced and offers decent benefits.

Cons

Robinhood curates, and fosters, an uncomfortable work environment when it comes to inter-office relationships. There are currently multiple cases of sexual misconduct between supervisors and subordinates, all of which management seems to have no intent on addressing. I've been speaking with our Human Resources department for weeks about things, and we've seen no change within the office. Managers here are very tight nit, and know that they need to hide eachother's relationships as they happen.

This has made it extremely uncomfortable to work in this office environment knowing that they are making no efforts to stop anything. Sexual advances and obvious flirtation between employees and managers in the office, along with inappropriate relations at company outings has truly made this office unbearable for many of us and causes daily disruptions.

Many of us are currently seeking positions elsewhere, because we do not feel that Robinhood has our best interests in mind. They continue to ignore the problems inside the office and have chosen not to rectify any of the situations at hand. I love what I do here at the company but cannot work in a place where they do not look out for their employees in their entirety.

My advice, if you're seeking a job here, keep in mind that there are no boundaries when it comes to relationships. Male managers are sleeping with married women and others are seeking entry level employees. If you are looking for a professional and "safe" feeling work environment, Robinhood is not it.

Advice to Management

Address and rectify the situation that continues to cause so many issues in our office. There are currently two cases inappropriate sexual relationships in our department (support) which have continued even after HR has learned of them. Nothing has been done to make us feel like we're in a safe work environment and this is not okay.

Robinhood Response

Feb 15, 2019 – People team

Thank you for raising your concerns. We take these allegations very seriously. Although we are not able to publicly comment on confidential personnel matters, we have policies and practices in... More

"Support Associate"

Current Employee - Support Associate
    Current Employee - Support Associate

I have been working at Robinhood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Too many to count honestly.

The pay and benefits are incomparable. Starting pay is $18 per hour as a support associated and all benefits for the employee are covered by Robinhood. Medical, dental, vision are paid for completely and with my wife on my plan, I only have to pay about for about 33% of her medical cost while her dental and vision are covered as well.

There is paid parental leave, continuing development in the company as well as some reimbursement for courses outside of work. Paid time off is 4 weeks per year on a biweekly accruing basis. 8 sick days and holidays match financial market holidays.

The support management team is also amazing. There are weekly check ins with your direct supervisor to set expectations and discuss your progress, any concerns or problems you have, as well as any ideas you have. Jake, the manager of the support team, is an excellent leader.

Being completely honest, not having phone support at the moment is a huge pro. It's so much faster and easier to serve customers and help them through email rather than taking phone calls.

Robinhood provides lunch everyday and breakfast on Fridays which is amazing. There is also a fully stocked snack kitchen with a variety of drinks and snacks that are all free.

We also have company trips as well as departmental and team outings throughout the year which is fantastic. There was a weekend retreat to a resort near the HQ in California which was awesome. The outings to local areas are places like Universal, go-kart racing/arcades and others after work hours.

There are 2-3 weeks of training when you start (depending on scheduling and any holidays) which helps you get covered in many different basic support issues. After that you will have more periodic training over time to help develop you into new areas.

I can't think of anything else, but overall it is a fantastic company with an excellent culture that promotes teamwork and serving our customers in every way possible. Everyone from the CEOs down to support associates are always doing their best to help.

Cons

There really aren't many I can think of and the ones I do think of are really petty and irrelevant things like some bad lunches sometimes.

One issue specifically for support is the last of support associates. We serve millions of people with a very small team in place. I think we do fantastic work, however I know many customers feel like our support is lacking. Growing this department will help in the long run. I know it is happening slowly to make sure we get the right people in place, but in the short run it can be slightly discouraging to see a lot of people upset with out turnaround times.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on sustainable growth for the company. Keep doing better and better, but make sure to look back and fix as many ongoing issues as possible while continuing to press forward.

"One toxic VP poisons all"

I have been working at Robinhood full-time

Pros

The cofounders are great but they must stop one bad VP from ruining the culture and product. This person is poisoning everything good about Robinhood.

Cons

This VP remains despite new red flags every day

Advice to Management

Cofounders, you are smart and good. Get rid of the VP who’s rotting the product and culture from the inside out.

"A journey of 1,000 miles begins with a single step."

Current Employee - Customer Support Associate in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Support Associate in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Robinhood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Robinhood is truly an amazing company. I have never worked for a start-up company prior to Robinhood. This has been a truly rewarding experience. The people here are unique, funny, hard-working, intelligent, and ambitious. I am grateful for each day I get to work here. Now, enough of the mushy stuff. Here are the meat and potatoes I am sure you are looking for.

Pros:
    * Good Pay
    * Friendly Co-workers
    * Great Benefits
    * Autonomy
    * Career Advancement
    * High-Performance Culture

Cons

For a start-up, Robinhood has very few cons. However, there are only a few.

Cons:
    * No 401K matching
    * No Tuition Reimbursement for employees (There is tuition assistance available your family)

That's pretty much it. I told you there were only a few!

Advice to Management

Thank you for being flexible and understanding. We all really appreciate the tons of work each of you completes on a daily basis. I appreciate each of you for staying open-minded, flexible, caring, and productive as we continue to grow as a company.

"We are a rebel force disrupting the noninclusive financial system for the masses."

I have been working at Robinhood full-time

Pros

Working at Robinhood is the most fulfilling experience of my 25 years on Wall St. It’s not a conventional company, but rather an idea factory with a diverse collection of inspiring individuals who are given the autonomy to be creative and productive. Everyone here is the highest caliber person in their field, setting an entrepreneurial culture through a fast, fun, innovative and collaborative effort to reimagine what a financial services company should and CAN be. Our client centric focus is illustrated by our mission: to democratize America’s financial system; every day we are reinventing the system and setting the bar for others to follow, making the financial markets accessible to everyone of all socioeconomic backgrounds and experience.

Cons

After working here, you could never work for a conventional company ever again.

Advice to Management

Never lose the passion to help our customers.

"Jump on this 🚀"

Current Employee - Vice President Engineering
    Current Employee - Vice President Engineering

I have been working at Robinhood full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Robinhood has a compelling mission, an exciting product and an interesting business opportunity. It's going to be fun to help this company scale quickly over the next few years.

Cons

If you've never working in finance before, there's a lot to learn about how financial systems work. Sometimes these details can be tedious and arcane.

"Hyper growth startup"

Current Employee - Android Developer in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Android Developer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Robinhood full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- friendly intelligent and capable co-workers
    - small company makes it so that individuals can have greater impact
    - cool projects
    - good work life balance
    - tech company perks (food, games)
    - good PMs who are also technical

Cons

- normal growing pains common with any rapidly growing company
    - a lot of cool and diverse projects but sometimes you feel like you are being pulled in different directions by PMs / upper management

"Best place to work in this industry during this time!"

I have been working at Robinhood full-time

Pros

- Not your typical corporate structure.
    - Great benifits
    - Great culture
    - Everyone from the CEO's to the support staff cares about what they are doing and how they can help make it better

Cons

-You really need to be knowledgeable in your field you apply for. I mean like you really need to be the best of the best. Because of how new they are they do not have capacity to teach people how to do the job they need to produce from the begining

Advice to Management

Don't stop moving forward. You are doing very well.

"A special place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Robinhood full-time

Pros

This is the first time in my life I've ever been excited to come to work, and I've worked many different places. Robinhood has built a special culture by bringing on genuinely great people who are incredibly smart, humble, and mission-driven. The new office is beautiful and the company takes care of its employees. Despite growing very quickly, I feel like Robinhood is trying to do this in a thoughtful way that protects the company's culture, which is incredibly important (in my opinion). Talk to anyone here, and they will all say the same thing!

Cons

I honestly can't think of much. We have a ton of opportunity as a company, and continuing to be thoughtful of where we expand will be important.