Found 648 of over 726 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits (paid for by the company)" (in 99 reviews)
- "I've been in a normal financial world where the client doesn't always become the number one priority and it normally doesn't lead to great culture." (in 72 reviews)
- "No shortage of ability to impact Smart people Great Mission" (in 70 reviews)
- "Great work life balance and chill metrics" (in 28 reviews)
- "Gives good pay and stipends" (in 22 reviews)
- "Bad eng culture and leadership" (in 32 reviews)
- "Schedule changes every 6 months, Did go through 3 rounds of layoffs during the 2 years I was there." (in 29 reviews)
- "Poor management, do not hire who's best for job they hire who they like." (in 23 reviews)
- "Manager is disorganized" (in 10 reviews)
- "No job security or job growth" (in 10 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Robinhood and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 22, 2023Business Strategy ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsMenlo Park, CA
-The people -the mission -collaboration -Exec leadership -Fast paced
-Clear direction -Leadership turnover and inconsistency
- 1.0Nov 22, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMenlo Park, CA
The name of the company might be heard by your family and friends and they think that it would be a decent company
An extremely toxic culture that limits everyone to their fundamental job responsibilities while emphasizing works outside of your scope when evaluating your performance, and thus few promotion opportunities and career growth opportunities. You also don't get work-life balance as you only get 1 day off for Christmas, unimaginable for employees at other companies for sure, and it's definitely no news when you are called during mid-nights to tackle on-call requests. Which is unreasonable but of course, another thing that the management team can't care less about :)2
- 4.0Dec 1, 2023Customer Experience RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearTempe, AZ
awesome culture - fun, young tech company
I was included in the massive layoffs that occurred in 2022, and our job security was always in question leading up to it. We were told we were fine over and over until we weren't.
- 1.0Nov 22, 2023Advanced Brokerage RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsWestlake, TX
Good benefits and most co-workers, although the benefits have shrunk in the past year. Company had a good mission at first but it was just a facade.
Founders of the company are all about greed. Clueless C-suite and most management is inexperienced and clueless. Company is woke and you better support their extreme leftist ways or you will be singled out and gone. 3 major layoffs in 14 months. They do not value employees. Pay and bonuses are crap. Difficult to move up. Will layoff and turn around and hire people for cheaper pay. How they get away this is anyone’s guess!2
- 2.0Nov 7, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Good benefits and compensation, that's about it
Leadership doesn't value people and has no clear direction. Only think about their own pockets, while pretending they actually care about others and trying to better people's life. Founders have lost touch with reality.2
- 2.0Jul 10, 2023Customer Experience RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLake Mary, FL
* Great pay * Great Benefits
* Robinhood performed three layoffs in the last year while telling employees weeks before everything was fine and they had tons of money on hand to weather the tough economy * Performance didn't matter during layoffs, so anyone may get cut at any time regardless of how good they were at their job. * Some employees were hired back after layoffs since leadership saw cutting them as a mistake * Unorganized leadership (please see above for reference) * They preach unity and family across the company but rarely if ever in my 4 years did they ever express their appreciation for their customer-facing teams while engineering gets tons of gratitude * Rarely do they ever promote customer service agents to other related roles/departments and they'll hire externally for the role * In the last year the company also started forcing people to change their shifts regardless of their personal lives to work over nights and weekends for months at a time.10
- 2.0Sep 18, 2023Customer Experience RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearWestlake, TX
The people working the front lines of the customer experience team are truly some of the best in the business.
Recruiters were deceptive about growth opportunities and the scope of work, the scope of the job was drastically changed multiple times to the point that it was unrecognizable from when I started, and "shift bids" are conducted roughly every 6 months where you may be forced into turning your entire life upside down to shift back and forth from day and night teams. Benefits were cut to the bone. Very little room for internal promotion. Compensation was way ahead of competition for a few years and began to lag to the point of becoming below par. Multiple layoffs, followed by hiring sprees, followed by more layoffs.4
Robinhood Reviews FAQs
Robinhood has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 726 reviews left anonymously by employees. 47% of employees would recommend working at Robinhood to a friend and 35% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.
47% of Robinhood employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Robinhood 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.