Robinhood Reviews

Updated May 13, 2021

4.3
Robinhood Co-Founders and Co-CEOs Baiju Bhatt and Vlad Tenev
Baiju Bhatt and Vlad Tenev
Pros
  • "Come help us democratize finance for all(in 15 reviews)

• "Company culture is open and friendly(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work-life balance is also an issue if you have trouble setting boundaries(in 9 reviews)

• "Growing pains have definitely been real(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Special People and a Special Product

Oct 2, 2020 - Sourcer in Menlo Park, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- There is clear, palpable unity among the people that work here at Robinhood. We are united by the mission and ambition of this company and we are united in our effort to continue to find great people to work with. - People care about you here. Not just within your immediate team. Leadership cares, and they do their absolute best to make time to meet with folks on their teams. Cross functional groups care, and they too want to be involved, to help out in any way they can. We are all working towards the same goal. - Our core product has fundamentally changed financial services, and we're only just getting started.

Cons

I cannot point to any cons. This is indeed a special place to be.

6 people found this review helpful

HR Leadership

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We appreciate your input, and we're glad to hear that you’re happy at Robinhood. If you have more feedback to share, please contact us at glassdoor@robinhood.com.

2. 5.0

Great Place to Work

May 13, 2021 - Licensed Representative in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture and benefits. Lots of room for growth.

Cons

Hourly pay is lower than industry average

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not a great research team

May 8, 2021 - Researcher in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you’ve got a solid manager then you can grow here. But it all depends on who your manager is and which team you’re on.

Cons

No work life balance. Few opportunities to really develop your research skills because you are constantly being pushed by the product team to turn research around at an unreasonable pace. Some research managers won’t have your back when you need them to step in and help with pushing back on deadlines. Inexperienced managers are trying to scale the research team and don’t seem to know what they are doing. I’m lucky in that I have an experienced manager who knows what she’s doing but others researchers aren’t so lucky.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

The most thoughtful leadership I’ve ever worked under!

May 8, 2021 - Customer Experience Associate in Lake Mary, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing Career growth - Great employee and family benefits - Working for a place that cares about employees and rewards them for hardwork

Cons

None I can currently think of!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunity to work for an industry disruptor.

Apr 12, 2021 - Compliance in Lake Mary, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay, excellent perks (free swag, free food once campus opens up, etc.), fantastic benefits package, working with talented group of people, an inclusive culture, great management, impactful work.

Cons

At times can have long hours. May be called to work at all times of the day or night.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Leadership

Thanks for your detailed review — very awesome to see that you've found a home at Robinhood! We're always working to make things better, so we really appreciate your review. And if you have any additional feedback to share — please email us at glassdoor@robinhood.com.

6. 5.0

IPO thrills

Apr 30, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart people Ambitious strategy and promising future Unreal pay due to IPO valuation increase

Cons

Growing pains Sometimes leadership can't make the right decision at the right pace

7. 5.0

An amazing place to be

Apr 27, 2021 - Security
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lot's of creative flexibility and you have the ability to build your own career here.

Cons

You need to be comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change.

HR Leadership

Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate your input, and we're glad to hear that you’re happy at Robinhood. If you have more feedback to share, please contact us at glassdoor@robinhood.com.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Doesn't get better than this

Jan 17, 2021 - Registered Customer Experience Representative in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Robinhood culture is real! It's not just a company objective that gets highlighted once per quarter. Peers are extremely supportive both on and off the clock and it feels like family. T Robinhood equips employees with the tools and resources to do their job effectively and if you run into a situation that hasn't been mapped, everyone works together to define it and resolve it effectively. The benefits are outstanding but it's the culture that fuels engagement and that's truly what makes Robinhood a great place to work.

Cons

All internal communication is conducted via video chat or Slack.

2 people found this review helpful

HR Leadership

Thanks for your detailed review — very awesome to see that you've found a great home at Robinhood! Appreciate that you called out our people and culture; they play a big part in making Robinhood a great place to work. We're always working to make things better, so we encourage you to give feedback to your managers regarding what we're doing right, and where we should work to improve. And if you have any additional feedback to share — about HR or anything else — please email us at glassdoor@robinhood.com.

9. 5.0

Great remote culture!

Apr 19, 2021 - Technical Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is very genuine, nice, humble, and wants to uplift each other to get to the next level

Cons

A lot of moving parts and changes but happens with all mid size late startups

HR Leadership

So grateful for you sharing your experience! We are glad that you truly enjoy the people you work with. We are looking forward to seeing everyone in person in the future! :) If you have any additional feedback, feel free to email us at glassdoor@robinhood.com.

10. 3.0

It's okay

May 11, 2021 - Content Writer in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

it's okay it's okay it's okay

Cons

it's fine it's fine it's fine

Viewing 1 - 10 of 221 Reviews