Cover image for Robins & Morton

4.8
Robins & Morton CEO Bill Morton
Bill Morton

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits, 100% 401k match, and a family environment.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Great people to work for(in 22 reviews)
  • "Great culture and work environment(in 19 reviews)
  • "Take care of employees and they are professional(in 18 reviews)
  • "7. Great Pay(in 15 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Robins & Morton and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Best GC you could ever work for, seriously!

Sep 2, 2022 - Assistant Project Manager in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The highest compensation in the entire industry from what I've seen. Pretty solid bonuses. 401k profit sharing. Absolutely amazing staff that treats you like a family. Senior management is understanding of life challenges and work/life balance. Employees that truly care and always do what's in their clients' best interest.

Cons

Man, this is a tough one...

2 people found this review helpful

HR Assistant

Thank you for sharing your experiences working with Robins & Morton. We’re proud of our people and believe we have a team that sets us apart from other companies. Thank for being part of our team and helping us build something great.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Culture

Nov 25, 2022 - Field Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are great Fulfilling work

Cons

Can have long work hours depending on project

3. Join the Robins & Morton team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

The best employees with the worse senior management.

Oct 14, 2022 - Corporate Services
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Outside upper management, these are some of the greatest people I have worked with in my entire career. Truly caring and you do get a sense of family with these employees. - Pay and benefits are very good and they do a good job keeping up with trending increases in inflation. - Great outside company benefits (tickets to sports games, galas/events, etc.)

Cons

- Upper management rarely has any original ideas of their own. Instead they poach employees from competitors and have them bring information over to better their own processes. Then they have the audacity to preach "morals & ethics." - Ridiculous amount of meetings; 90% which are unproductive and inefficient. - Zero career progression outside construction and even if a department has a "career flow chart" it is a façade. Upper management refuses to promote and share knowledge with the mindset of "no one can do it better than me."

1 person found this review helpful

HR Assistant

We are sorry you feel this way. What you experienced is not reflective of our values or culture. We appreciate your feedback. In the spirit of continuous improvement, we will take this feedback as a learning and growth opportunity.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Best Decision Ever

Oct 14, 2022 - Division Safety Director in Huntsville, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented, great benefits, proven career paths, market compensation, opportunity to see the country and get paid for it. Lastly, the best part about Robins & Morton is - we never stop trying to be better.

Cons

It's hard for me to see the negatives with such a great company. Some see the travel as a con, but for us that has been an exciting part.

HR Assistant

Thank you for sharing your experiences working with Robins & Morton. We’re always seeking to build each other up and build a dedicated team. Thanks for building something great with us.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Best Place for so many reasons!

Aug 26, 2022 - Senior Project Administrator in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work we do is important to the communities. Building new state of the art facilities, whether a hospital, office complex, arena or hotel, brings value to people's lives and well-being. The family atmosphere can't be compared to anywhere else. You become a part of the R&M family, where those friendships carry you through for a lifetime. The giving programs we participate in are truly worthwhile and not just for show. When we donate to small programs that don't get a lot of press & show, it's because our employees value the organization and chose to support it. Across the country our jobsites and offices find ways to give back throughout the year. We also have internal groups setup to give input and advice on the direction of our organization. Things like a family table to discuss diversity, direction and openness are important in making everyone feel valued. I've been here for 18+ years and plan for that to continue!

Cons

Everyone's perspective of a con is different. To me there isn't a lot that is a con about R&M. The hours can be long, but that can be said of any job.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Ideal work place Review

Oct 13, 2022 -  in Edinburg, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

great culture, great leadership, feels likes an extended family. Very competitive benefits. Lots of opportunity to grow, learn and train. Innovative, Open ears. Overall excellent.

Cons

Requires open mindness to travel if working in or with the field operations. Sometimes those locations can be remote and away from large areas. Performance evaluation could be improved by asking peers of there perceptions of their peers, not just asking supervisors of there subordinates.

HR Assistant

Thank you for posting your review of Robins & Morton. We appreciate you sharing your experience as a team member and value your feedback. Thanks for building something great with us!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

R&M GlassDoor Rating

Aug 22, 2022 - Preconstruction Estimator in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our culture is what defines this company. I've only ever worked for Robins & Morton (8years) and have no intentions of leaving because everyone here is like family. I laugh at work just as much as I do when I'm at home and the people here are interested in seeing me succeed!

Cons

Working at Robins & Morton can be difficult sometimes because of the travel and long hours, but the team I get to work with each day makes up for that!

9. 5.0

Robins & Morton is a Great Company with Great Opportunities

Sep 29, 2022 - Assistant Project Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for as they show they care about their employees immensely through salary and living allowance pay, training, promotions, bonuses, profit sharing, PTO, and reviews. One of the better General Contractors in the US that specializes in Healthcare that gives the employees a good purpose for their work as our projects save lives and improve the communities we build.

Cons

Traveling - You may be asked to move out of state often and relocated to new projects. Not always the case but a high possibility.

HR Assistant

Thank you for posting your review of Robins & Morton. We believe in recognizing people for their hard work and rewarding them for contributing to our success. Thanks for building something great with us.. We know that the travel and scheduling demands of working in construction can be difficult. While we can’t change the nature of construction work, we are trying to promote and support work-life integration within the framework of our industry. Thank you for sharing this with us and we’ll continue pursuing that goal.

10. 5.0

R&M Truely Cares

Aug 22, 2022 - Assistant Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working for R&M because they are a company that strives to be the best in every sector a company can be. When you're on an R&M jobsite whether it's in New Mexico or North Carolina, it looks and feels like an R&M jobsite. Safety is most important and that stems from R&M truely caring about their employees having a healthy well being. The company listens to their employees and when the senior management visits a jobsite, they know your name and care about you. There are a lot of employees with R&M who have their spouses working for the company as well. This says a lot, if you think the work environment is good that you want your spouse to also share in a fun, fullfilling, work environment.

Cons

R&M is becoming more regionally focussed which will keep employees near their hometowns. This is extremely important in my opinion. The biggest risk for losing your best employees is moving them away from friends and family.

HR Assistant

Thank you for sharing your experiences working with Robins & Morton. Of all the things we value, nothing is more important than safety. Thanks for building something great with us.

11. 5.0

Asset Coordinator

Aug 30, 2022 - Asset Coordinator in Birmingham, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a culture like no other. The people are real, everyone treats you like a family member with respect. The team works together and has a learning culture that is top notch. You have opportunity here always.

Cons

Commute to the office is hard from my location with school aged children and activities. More remote work would be a big help as a resource and saving time by cutting down travel. However, the flexibility is there when needed and appreciated, it certainly helps.

HR Assistant

Thank you for sharing your experiences working with Robins & Morton. Treating each other like family is part of our culture. We appreciate you sharing you experience as a team member and value your feedback. Thanks for building something great with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 359 Reviews
</>Embed

Robins & Morton Reviews FAQs

Robins & Morton has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 388 reviews left anonymously by employees. 97% of employees would recommend working at Robins & Morton to a friend and 95% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Robins & Morton employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Robins & Morton. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

97% of Robins & Morton employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Robins & Morton 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Robins & Morton to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be management, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Robins & Morton Job Seekers