Roche Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Roche CEO Roche Group Severin Schwan
Severin Schwan

Pros
  • Company offers good benefits and work-life balance too (in 99 reviews)

• Good benefits for entire family; commute is easy for people from all sides of Indianapolis; Great work/life balance (in 73 reviews)

1. "Roche Intern"

I worked at Roche full-time

Pros

Great working environment, lots of opportunities to learn and progress in many areas. Supportive management who allow enough freedom to explore all aspects of the role whilst still meeting any and all deadlines.

Cons

On occasion work can become a little too simple and/or repetitive which leads to boredom, although managers will be happy to rotate, give more challenging work or simply add more, in order to fully stimulate employees.

2. "Good Employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Pros

work life balance is good. flexible working to fit around your personal circumstances

Cons

no clear processes, need to consolidate a lot of processes

3. "Roche Welwyn"

Current Employee - Pharmacovigilance Scientist II in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

I have been working at Roche full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment and flexible employer

Cons

Duplication of effort is a common theme

5. "Roche Products Limited"

Former Employee - Legal Counsel in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Legal Counsel in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

I worked at Roche full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits package, flexible and valuable to employees. Good medical care and great selection of other benefits.

Cons

A very political place to work, and some people have been there a very long time.

Advice to Management

Need to reconsider how you treat people going on maternity leave to ensure that they are fairly treated e.g. bonus is not incorrectly paid.

"Poor"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Roche full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great job and a lovely group of people to work with. The working conditions are good if you are happy to work long hours.

Cons

Very poor management. There are leadership values that look great but mean nothing. HR are very weak and any sign of dissent is strongly discouraged.

7. "Love working here"

Current Employee - UK Affiliate in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - UK Affiliate in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Roche full-time

Pros

Flexible hours and ability to work from home, reasonable workload and interesting projects to get involved with. Great colleagues and atmosphere to work in. Very proud of the work we do here.

Cons

Contacting the correct colleagues is quite hard and confusing as there's no list of departmental email addresses so you have to guess sometimes which isn't great

8. "Quite ok to good really."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

Good, yet cheap food in cantine. Stimulating work although I think the life cycle of a role im in feels pretty short. I feel unstretched now.

Cons

Nothing that really stands out. Everyone generally thinks processses imposed are overkill, but I got numb to this after a while and am just zen now whenever I'm faced with process slowness to deal with. On occasions though it does mean I kill a potentially good idea to the business (not present it) because the hoops to jump through just put me off and I'm usually at full capacity or more usually. Noke of these are real problems to me, but they are to a business.

Advice to Management

Restructure all departments a bit more often please, keeps the business more agile, gets rid of deadwood etc. Find the people hiding in the system - they can be loud or quiet personalities, you just cant tell who is not pulling their weight and who is abusing the trust employees are empowered with. I hope you can distinguish between those who talk the talk and those who can actually walk the walk.

9. "Great environment"

I have been working at Roche full-time

Pros

Excellent values, good management and lots of opportunities. Strong dedication to science and people. This is a very good company with an outstanding reputation. I am proud to work here.

Cons

Global working so sometimes hours are long, but that is a fact of most global businesses. However, Roche is flexible with working hours so the impact to personal life is mitigated well.

Advice to Management

Keep developing people as you are doing. There is a strong sense of dedication within the organization that is attributable to the management style. Employees are happy to be in the great environment with great leadership and principles.

10. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Statistical Programmer in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Statistical Programmer in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

I have been working at Roche full-time

Pros

Good salary, benefits , shares , pension option - good place to work - good working environment and nice people

Cons

Sometimes too much pressure at times but that is probably with all jobs - but overall good place to work

Advice to Management

Good management overall

11. "Roche for life!"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Burgess Hill, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Burgess Hill, England (UK)

I worked at Roche (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great personal development opportunities, particularly internationally.
    Really feel like you matter to the organisation.
    Great communication from the leadership.
    Great managers.
    Good opportunity to network and collaborate with overseas colleagues.

Cons

Being based in the UK, it sometimes felt like your office was a little bit of an afterthough, since major decisions come from head office in Germany or Switzerland.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - Roche is a fantastic company to work for.

Showing 58 of 1,248 reviews