Roche Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Roche CEO Roche Group Severin Schwan
Severin Schwan

Cons

1. "Would 10/10 recommend to a friend"

Current Employee - Drug Safety Specialist in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Drug Safety Specialist in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

Pros

I love working here! I genuinely believe in the company tagline "Doing now what patients need next" and feel that most of the workforce also believe in this and feel that they are contributing to helping patients (regardless of job role). The benefit package is pretty generous although the wages are a little low compare to similar sized pharma companies. There are flexible work hours and the ability to work from home several days a week if you like. The work life balance is good and the people I work with are really knowledgeable and approachable.

Cons

Salary is a little lower than for similar sized pharma companies and WGC is an expensive town with not much to do in/nearby unless you want to go in London which is not what I want to do if I just fancy a quick drink after work with my colleagues.

In terms of work, it's hard to find information sometimes as it is almost hoarded in teams. If you ask for the info you'll get it but it's hard to know what's available as it's not readily shared when it should be. Information and updates sometimes take a while to filter down through management and occasionally it feels a little a little disjointed.

2. "Roche Welwyn"

Current Employee - Pharmacovigilance Scientist II in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

I have been working at Roche full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment and flexible employer

Cons

Duplication of effort is a common theme

3. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Statistical Programmer in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Statistical Programmer in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

I have been working at Roche full-time

Pros

Good salary, benefits , shares , pension option - good place to work - good working environment and nice people

Cons

Sometimes too much pressure at times but that is probably with all jobs - but overall good place to work

Advice to Management

Good management overall

5. "Roche for life!"

Former Employee - Information Technology in Burgess Hill, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Burgess Hill, England (UK)

I worked at Roche (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great personal development opportunities, particularly internationally.
    Really feel like you matter to the organisation.
    Great communication from the leadership.
    Great managers.
    Good opportunity to network and collaborate with overseas colleagues.

Cons

Being based in the UK, it sometimes felt like your office was a little bit of an afterthough, since major decisions come from head office in Germany or Switzerland.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work - Roche is a fantastic company to work for.

6. "Working at Roche"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Roche part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good work life balance. Great drugs

Cons

None I can think of

7. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Biosample Operations Manager in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

I worked at Roche full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company with visionary leadership
    Great bonus and benefits
    Work from home options
    My job offered me the chance to gain lots of experience which looks great on my CV
    Company is very open to moving between departments if the opportunities arise and line managers are expected to be supportive towards this.

Cons

As expected of big Pharma, multiple layers of management
    Communication from upper management could be better though if you have a good line manager, she/he will more than make up for this where they can
    Sometimes difficult to progress depending on the state of the department - resourcing was difficult at times, therefore workload could be very high

8. "Very good company to work for"

Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)
    Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

I have been working at Roche as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I would recommend Roche as a company to work for. They are open minded, understand and are open to change, have a drive to be the best in their industry and have a mature management team that wants to see results not micromanage their staff.

Cons

Out of London location means out ofLondon salary, although the city is onl 30 min away on the train.

"Wonderful work place!"

Current Employee - Medical Writer in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Medical Writer in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

I have been working at Roche full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture at Roche is extremely supportive, and I have yet to experience any office politics or cliquey-ness. The work-life balance and benefits are excellent. They really care about your career path and guide your development . They even encourage you to explore different aspects of the company in case you'd like to switch positions. I feel extremely lucky to work with such kind and competent people.

Cons

The "system" is quite complicated with many levels of complexity.

Advice to Management

Continue giving great guidance and career support. Focus on giving an overview of all the systems before delving into details when employees first start.

"Fully recommend"

Current Employee - Drug Safety Associate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Drug Safety Associate in Welwyn Garden City, England (UK)

I have been working at Roche full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Brilliant workplace, amazing atmosphere, friendly and welcoming people, belief in their motto "doing now what patients need next", feels like you are positively contributing to helping people, nice balance between work and socializing, ability to develop your career, good salary

Cons

The office at Welwyn Garden City is lovely but I feel like it needs to be nearer to the hub of things so should be in London. Transport there is awkward too and the town it's in is very expensive and busy

Advice to Management

Try and be at your desk a little more. I know you're busy and in meetings but I can sometimes go for a few days without seeing you.

11. "Moved here and staying"

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Roche full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance with an engaging workload. Just enough work to push you to do more and progress within the company.

Cons

None that are worth mentioning

Advice to Management

Make sure you go the extra mile to recognise the staff putting in the extra mileage for the company. This doesn't always happen.

Showing 11 of 1,368 reviews