Roche Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Dec 29, 2020

4.2
Roche CEO Roche Group Severin Schwan
Severin Schwan
1,424 Ratings
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Scientist

I have been working at Roche full-time

Pros

benefits, cultural beliefs, work life balance

Cons

Takes a long time to be promoted

September 21, 2020Global Recruitment

Thanks for taking time to share your view. Roche is continuously striving to offer employees a variety of possibilities for development, e.g. insights into other areas of work or internal training. All employees have the possibility to make use of the offers and develop their skills. In addition there are regular check-ins with leaders to discuss your goals and needs. We encourage you to profit from these offers. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.

"Its alright"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer I

I have been working at Roche full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Things are pretty stable in the company (its not going anywhere) - Benefits are expansive - Good work/life balance

Cons

- Seems that the only way to progress in the company is to jump teams. Its rare to see promotions for people who stay on the same team, only when they move to another team. - Pay is much less than similar positions in the area - Disconnect between upper management and actual workers

October 12, 2020Global Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback. Our compensation policy is focused on the promotion of strong performance, profit sharing, fairness and transparency in payment decisions as well as ensuring a balance between base salary and performance benefits. We continuously measure our benefits packages against benchmarks to ensure they are competitive globally. Benefits packages offered by our affiliates are in line with the benefits policy of the Group. Roche wants to provide development possibilities for all employees. All of us are asked to take the initiative for our own development and Roche provides a variety of offers to support this. Regular check-ins with leaders continuously improve communication and help to define what is best for employees and leaders at a certain time. We encourage you to actively ask your leader for this exchange. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future with Roche.

3. "Good"

Current Contractor - Quality Specialist I in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Roche

Pros

Good managers. Good work-life balance. Good people and team.

Cons

Nothing bad to describe or anything.

September 17, 2020Global Recruitment

Great to hear your appreciation. Thanks for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.

"Very stable employer"

Former Employee - Project Manager III in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Roche full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Handled the COIVD crisis really well. Made a real commitment to not cut jobs. This company has been around for over 100 years, so they know how to weather a crisis. So as frustrating as it was at times to have to deal with the slow, methodical decision making, I grew to respect the leadership team for keep the ship going. While pay is low for the Bay Area, the benefits are pretty fantastic, especially retirement. The Express Development Opportunity program allows for you to try a role to augment skills or get perspective from another department. Work life balance is great, and I rarely worked more than 40 hours.

Cons

A long way to go on diversity. Lack of support for affinity groups, and to my knowledge, no dedicated D&I leadership. Genentech employees tend to have nicer perks and culture, and Roche could learn more from them. Be more proactive with employee development. It's not good enough to tell us that "our career is in our hands" without providing clear paths for advancement or lateral moves.

Continue reading
  5. "Love this company"

Current Contractor - Systems Engineer I

I have been working at Roche

Pros

The company culture is great and people are nice to work with. Work life balance is amazing.

Cons

No benefits as a contractor

August 31, 2020Global Recruitment

Thanks for sharing this positive review with us! We wish you all the best for your future with Roche.

6. "Review"

1.0
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Roche full-time

Pros

Work life balance was good

Cons

no challenges for career development

September 17, 2020Global Recruitment

Thanks for taking time to share your view.Roche wants to provide development possibilities for all employees. All of us are asked to take the initiative for our own development and Roche provides a variety of offers to support this. We are very sorry if you have not been supported adequately. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future.

7. "Hit and miss with management, good benefits"

Current Employee - Field Representative

I have been working at Roche full-time

Pros

Benefits, salary, culture, work life balance

Cons

Management is either hot or cold

August 20, 2020Global Recruitment

Thanks for your feedback and input. Every employee deserves great leaders. We expect all of Roche's leaders to inspire and motivate employees in their team and support them by offering opportunities to continually discover, learn, develop and excel. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.

8. "Great stable company with good benefits"

Current Employee - Scientist II in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Roche full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture, Work life balance, flexible working hours, nice people

Cons

The Promotions take long time

July 29, 2020Global Recruitment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Regular check-ins with leaders continuously improve communication and help to define what is best for employees and leaders at a certain time. We encourage you to actively ask your leader for this exchange. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future within our company.

9. "Great Internship"

Former Intern - Systems Integration Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Roche for less than a year

Pros

Have a well thought out internship program with assigned mentors and lots of intern only seminars including career development workshops. They treat you as if you were full time but still have a decent work life balance with some fun learning experiences included.

Cons

Hard to transition directly from intern to full-time. Usually become contract and then transition to full time after. Hierarchy is weird as people are shifted around in differing projects so line of command on paper may not necessarily be what is happening in actuality.

10. "Can't say enough good things!"

I worked at Roche full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Interesting work, great colleagues, ethical and sustainable business philosophy, great leadership at the very highest levels, work-life balance

Cons

Very big company - lots of process and sometimes slow decision-making

May 14, 2020Global Recruitment

Thanks for taking time to share your view. Our market is highly regulated. This is why we have to stick to certain processes. We are continually striving to keep our processes as lean as possible. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best for your future.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 246 English Reviews