Rochester, NY Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "police officer"

Pros

Good pay and benefits along with a nice retirement package after 20 years and partial medical.

Cons

Work environment is iffy and the hours of work can be un-normal to the human body

Advice to Management

Nothing.. keep on keeping on

2. "very satisfying"

Current Employee - Firefighter in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Firefighter in Rochester, NY

Pros

the fellowship and rewards of working with a great fire dept. and knowing they will be there in a time of need.

Cons

the weather, and some of the officers can be a little air-headed at times.being injured or losing a friend while attempting a rescue is not easy to accept.

Advice to Management

stand behind your firefighters and let the public know what they go through, like training bldg.inspections,first responder courses etc.etc etc.

3. "My personal experience has not been average, so I can't give anyone else an idea."

Pros

I work at the largest library in the city. There, while working, I have gotten inspirations for some patents.

Cons

Despite its being occasionally intriguing, the majority of my work is tedious. I know that sounds pretty standard for any job.

Advice to Management

Your service staff of all types DO perform essential jobs. Without them, your businesses would fail. You should pay them more than 50 cents over minimum.