Rochester Regional Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Rochester Regional Health CEO Eric Bieber, MD
Eric Bieber, MD

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Health Insurance is expensive for working for a health network (in 5 reviews)

• During my interview, two of the nurses on the unit discussed plans to leave RGH in the immediate term because of low pay (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Benefits"

I have been working at Rochester Regional Health full-time

Pros

Benefits, PTO, Movement within health system

Cons

Not all of the health system is connected, hard to get to know other people

2. "Mixed"

Former Employee - Front Desk Support Registration
    Former Employee - Front Desk Support Registration

I worked at Rochester Regional Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great company to work for, flexible hours

Cons

Behavioral health is a difficult filed to work in when you have your own mental health issues, frustrated patients, constant changing of specified duties

Advice to Management

My former boss was amazing and an excellent leader, truthfully nothing they should change. I just couldn't handle it.

3. "pct"

I have been working at Rochester Regional Health full-time

Pros

people a nice to work with
    love helping others

Cons

pay should be much more

4. "Diagnostic Medical Sonographer"

I have been working at Rochester Regional Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very few employers offer a pension anymore, RRH does
    Flexible work hours
    Perks - discounts

Cons

A large company with little "family feel"
    It is hard to get the equipment necessary to perform my job in a way that is standard of care. A lot of management to traverse before getting answers.

5. "Lpn"

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Rochester, NY

Pros

Pay is not bad most of the staff friendly

Cons

They really dont care about helping you get to know the residents . I felt like the orientation was crappy...didn't give me enough time to get to know the residents and wanted me to pick up shifts with out properly or allowing me to finish orientation the head boss talks to her staff disrespectful and there was no team work.

Advice to Management

Stop talking to your staff any kind of way as if they are little kids...need more team work...the nurse manger no support to lpn think about how you can better orientate your new employees ..And have some compassion about how you can best help your employees get through the orientation procees with feeling like they weren't doing there best when there was no real orientation.

6. "A little goes a long way"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Rochester Regional Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Good leadership staff
    - Leading health care facilities
    - Ability to help many patients on many different levels

Cons

- A lot of hand holding other staff. No one wants to take responsibility for actions, and some leadership have a very loose definition of correction.
    - They are growing very quickly and facing many of the growing pains any organization does, but are lacking communication to middle and lower management staff.

Advice to Management

- Positive reinforcement. Many of the jobs here are very thankless and when an employee does a good job on one task, they are given another with little to no positive reinforcement or acknowledgement.

7. "surgical technologist"

Former Employee - Surgical Technologist in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Surgical Technologist in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Rochester Regional Health full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

friendly atmosphere and good peers

Cons

uncaring administration and poor communication

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees, they have good ideas.

8. "PCT"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Rochester Regional Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers were fun to work with and overall would be kind to each other and patients

Cons

Many younger nurses are lazy and treat PCT's like slaves. Bad habits are not addressed and if you constantly call off it is just seen as "your thing" and "I'm not surprised" rather then actually doing something about it. They take advantage of the harder workers and give more freedom to those who don't do what they are suppose to do. The scheduling was horrendous. A worker that had been there for 25 years had stated that he doesn't like working a certain shift and THEY GAVE HIM THAT SHIFT EVERY DAY. Also when someone retired they just scheduled him for 60+ hours, getting a day off every 10 days without clearing it with him. A part time employee that is suppose to only work 20 hours gets scheduled full time without even asking, just telling after the fact. I was also one of the few with a very inconsistent schedule and overheard a charge nurse talk with the scheduler asking if she cleared certain decisions that were against what the worker would want but she doesn't do anything to change it. The thing that was the worst is that there was a clear separation on who had the scheduling that they wanted. The people in the clique with the scheduler happened to get whatever hours they wanted. When I brought it to the charge nurse's attention I was hounded by the scheduler.

Advice to Management

Give respect and treat your hard workers well and reward then instead of taking advantage of them. Hold people responsible for their actions. There was only one person fired since I was there despite a handful of workers calling off or leaving early once a week. Actually manage your employees instead of just complaining about their actions. Workers that leave typically do so out of anger and not giving enough time to replace them out of spite.

9. "Registered Nurse"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, NY

I have been working at Rochester Regional Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love the 12 hour shifts & I love my co-workers, a great crew of nurses, patient care techs and secretaries. We really take care of each other!

Cons

Floating to other units, on call responsibility and being cancelled for your shift, when cancelled you can take it without pay or use your time, this can deplete your time quickly if you want to be paid for the time.

Advice to Management

Instead of items such as cups, pens, lanyards, etc., with the company logo, a nice bonus is always appreciated, movie tickets, gift card to dinner or a gas card! I even love the Wegmans gift card you receive when you work Thanksgiving or Christmas, $10 is $10!

10. "Great place to work- lots of growth"

I have been working at Rochester Regional Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of locations
    Educational opportunities for many levels

Cons

Growing company with changes occurring daily
    Recent merger

Advice to Management

keep on making changes but some employees do need to know they are stable and have a job