Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
  1. "Intern Review"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors

Pros

Mission oriented; positive culture; dedicated employees

Cons

Bureaucratic; lack of responsibility; small size

Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors2018-09-23
  2. "Overall a good place to work"

I have been working at Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors full-time

Pros

fast paced, dynamic organization with exciting initiatives

Cons

too stretched and little management capacity

Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors2018-12-14
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Smart, funny, interesting colleagues and engaging work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been here a while now and sincerely appreciate the people who work here. They are universally interesting, kind, engaging, smart and well-intentioned people. The work is also very interesting and extremely varied, with room to try new things and to take responsibility for things that need to get done.

Cons

It is a bit heirarchal --at the very least in perception, and even though it is not a large organization, there are definitely instances where the people who either need or can help with information do not get involved because of a lack of information transference. Also, as a smallish organization, it is not a place you should stay at for more than 7 or 8 years if you are early in your career.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing, and find as many ways as possible to increase transparency.

Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors2018-07-17
  5. "Projects Need Better Support"

Former Employee - Project Director

I worked at Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Mission and people are great

Cons

Systems are not always up to par with respect to project support

Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors2018-04-25
  6. "Lack of diversity...No growth opportunities!"

I worked at Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors full-time

Pros

Name recognition. Friendly colleagues. Learning Opportunities (few!)

Cons

Good luck being promoted to a client facing or senor level job if you're not white or of certain ethnicity. Stay away!

Advice to Management

Care about diversity more and hire staff that is reflective of the geographies you operate in. There's a tremendous talent out there if you only let go of biases.

Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors2017-08-23

"Sounds and Looks Good - but flawed underneath"

Special Project in New York, NY

I worked at Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors

Pros

When I was there RPA had a wonderful and diverse support staff. I loved talking to people from so many different cultures and places. There was the opportunity to work on some interesting projects as well. Also - the Rockefeller name is like a magic wand - no one will question what you are "doing with your life."

Cons

I found upper management absolutely impenetrable. We would have long staff meetings, where everyone's opinions were asked for on various topics, but it was obvious that the whole thing was a charade - so why did they go to the trouble? There were many very smart and committed young people there - with very little opportunity for advancement in the company. So they would leave and a new batch would come in, all of... which seemed like a waste of human resources to me.

Advice to Management

Give your junior staff opportunities for advancement. Please communicate in an open, forthright matter, instead of with bewildering opaqueness. Please hold real and meaningful staff meetings, not fake exercises in "community building."

Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors2016-06-28

"Great Work Place in Philanthropy"

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors for less than a year

Pros

Broad philanthropic networks, large sponsored projects pools, high end projects and international reach. It is a great place to work, all colleagues are friendly and helpful there.

Cons

I won't suggest this company for a philanthropic starter, as it would be hard to develop specialty in projects on the platform. RPA takes a relative generalist approach.

Advice to Management

Senior management are very nice and supportive to employers and they have created a terrific working environment. It would be better if there is more internal mobility within the firm so people can learn from various perspectives.

Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors2015-10-18
  9. "Not a non-profit"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great set a people to work with over all

Cons

Upper management very pretentious, lacks diversity,micro managed, and you basically have to kiss up to fit in, t

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be like a big corporation and be a non-profit

Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors2015-08-11