- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - Brooklyn, NY
- - Astoria, NY
- - Rockville Centre, NY
- - Jersey City, NJ
- - Virginia
- - Kingsport, TN Area
- - Abingdon, VA
- - Pennsylvania
- - Scranton, PA Area
- - Dalton, PA
- - DuBois, PA Area
- - Grampian, PA
- - Florida
- - Miami-Fort Lauderdale, FL Area
- - Coral Gables, FL
- - New Jersey
Found 328 of over 345 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Salaries to low and not competitive" (in 15 reviews)
- "There are issues with every academic job (particularly with low pay) and each experience will be heavily dependent upon which lab you join." (in 8 reviews)
- "Extremely poor management with no sense of accountability." (in 7 reviews)
- "Limited opportunity outside of the lab for development." (in 4 reviews)
- "Compensation is low, but average for technician positions" (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Rockefeller University and is not affected by filters.
- Sexual Orientation
- Veteran Status
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 7, 2022 - Assistant Professor Medicine Clinical Scholar in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Small institution. Good support. Nice people.
No departments. Small hospital. Low salaries.
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Nov 1, 2022 - Graduate StudentRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great overall support and benefits
Limited collaborations on campus and in the area
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 18, 2022 - Senior Research AssociateRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
terrific environment for research, seminars
glass ceiling for those unable to launch jobs in academia
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Oct 19, 2022 - Research Assistant in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great environment Flexible Decent pay 1 week vacation free
None to share at all
- Current Employee, more than 8 years★★★★★Oct 27, 2022 - Senior ScientistRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
It is a beautiful place to work.
Rockefeller used to be this amazing place where you could meet amazing scientists. But during Covid it became so crazy that looks like everybody left. There is nobody around!!Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Sep 6, 2022 - Research AssociateRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great resources, world-class science, beautiful campus.
Postdocs should be supported and paid more.
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 29, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Housing, Health insurance, Great location
Everything is expensive near the campus
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Aug 9, 2022 - Research AssistantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The academic training environment at Rockefeller is unparalleled for RAs.
There is not subsidized housing for research assistants.
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 16, 2022 - Postdoctoral Fellow in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good benefits as health insurance, housing and community sense.
As an academia overall, too competitive, mentoring
- Current Employee★★★★★May 29, 2022 - Postdoctoral FellowRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Excellent benefits, childcare, and housing opportunities. Laboratories are generally well-funded, allowing for high-impact research.
It is a relatively insular research community, with minimal interaction among laboratories. There are few support structures for researchers at the postdoctoral level. The institution performs an interest in diversity and inclusion, but this rarely leads to effective actions. High-echelon posts (heads of laboratories and administrative) are predominantly occupied by cisgendered, heterosexual, white men, with little incentive not to uphold the status quo. It is unlikely that the demographics will change any time soon, and this is rather disappointing. Applicants should beware that there does not exist a confidential reporting mechanisms for workplace harassment and bullying.Continue reading
Rockefeller University Reviews FAQs
Rockefeller University has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 345 reviews left anonymously by employees. 92% of employees would recommend working at Rockefeller University to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
92% of Rockefeller University employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Rockefeller University 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.3 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.