Rocket Clicks Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Paid Search Analyst"

Former Employee - Paid Search Strategist in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Paid Search Strategist in Denver, CO

I worked at Rocket Clicks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came to RC with 1+ year of agency experience, thinking I knew quite a bit about paid search. I was wrong. All new RC employees go through a very comprehensive training program which, I'll admit, I thought would be a waste of time with my prior experience. After a week or two, I was blown away by how much I was learning. I started with another person who was new to PPC. After a few months, I felt like we were on the same level due to the training and hands on approach. If you are new to the industry, there is no better place to start. If you aren’t new to the industry, you will be working among some of the smartest people you’ve ever met. Plateauing is not a thing here.
    One of my favorite things about this company is the impact you have. Although I have worked at a few digital marketing agencies with a similar staff size, never have I seen such an ability to help mold the future of a company. Maybe part of this was the fact that while I was there, we were growing at such an exciting pace. But I think it’s more. I felt like my voice was always heard, and my opinions were always considered. Never have I felt more valued at a job.
    I could tell you about the culture, which is great, but to be honest in this industry, good culture is not unique. There is a small talent pool with a high demand and most companies are going to go above what many industries offer (beer cooler, video games, bean bag chairs, you get the gist). What is unique is the people, and for me this is more important than the occasional beer thirty (which they have) or company outings (they do these as well). Never have I worked at a place where my coworkers felt like such family. Maybe it was just a good group, but I think leadership also had a lot to do with it. They take time to get to know their employees and really foster a fun, casual environment.
    Speaking of leadership: Nicole and Tyler are great. Fantastic even, and I don't use that work lightly. They are forward thinking, ambitious and really get you excited about the direction of the company. They helped me develop both personally and professionally. One of the things they do well, is create employee relationships that are very open. Even if I messed something up, I never felt scared or intimidated to come to them. I can honestly say I have never felt more valued and appreciated at a job.
    Summary: I thoroughly enjoyed my time here. I moved to be closer to friends, but had I not left Wisconsin, I would have absolutely stayed with RC. I still get nostalgic remembering my time there. The people are great, the leadership is awesome and you’ll work with some of the best people you’ve ever met.

Cons

The ONLY con is the location. However, the commute was worth it. When I was there they were talking about moving downtown and at this pace, that might be sooner rather than later. Don't let the location deter you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You value your staff and create a fun environment.

2. "Rocket Clicks is a fast growing company that encourages employees to play an active role in that growth."

Former Employee - Senior Organic Search Analyst in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Former Employee - Senior Organic Search Analyst in Menomonee Falls, WI

I worked at Rocket Clicks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management knows that the industry is always changing and they do a great job enabling employees to try new tools and techniques to remain experts in their field.

Employees are client facing, allowing them to make strong connections with the businesses they are helping.

Cons

Focusing strictly in SEO and PPC allows them to be experts in two very important fields. Unfortunately, there will always be clients who don't understand the value of SEO and PPC and those clients can be the first to go. But that is a problem you could find at any agency. Fortunately, Rocket Clicks has multiple channels that they use to bring in new business and clients which has allowed the company to grow year after year.

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage employees to take ownership of their work and push them to advance within the company.

3. "A 10 year old startup trying to be more"

Former Employee - Paid Search Analyst in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Former Employee - Paid Search Analyst in Menomonee Falls, WI

I worked at Rocket Clicks full-time

Pros

Great place to learn the basics of a couple platforms. The Director Ben Page has a very good grasp of some of these, and very willing to help you if you have any questions. Everyone in the office pretty relaxed and easy going.

Cons

Once you get beyond the basics of pay per clicks marketing techniques you will unlikely learn anything advanced. Before I was hired, I wish I would have done more research on the firm. People rarely stay at Rocket Clicks longer than two years due to the low pay and unfit benefits. Expect your premiums for health insurance to be high for mediocre coverage.

A strategy for this company seems to include hiring young people in college or fresh out, and then pay them very little. With this in mind, the CEO of the company wanted to start this pay per clicks business to let other people run it. He knows very little about digital marketing and wanted another business close to his law office. If you're wondering why the location is so bad, it is because he bought the property so that he could profit from Rocket Clicks renting from him.

Now for the things they advertise but do not provide. First off, there are no healthy snacks and drinks, just coffee. Secondly, they also give unlimited PTO, but you still have to ask for it, and if you are too busy - good luck. On average people likely take less than two weeks of vacation with unlimited PTO. Also, some employees will be required to work weekends with no additional compensation. Lastly, the coaching and mentoring are obscene and another way for management to know everything you think for alterer motives. All in all, if you want a meaningful experience in digital marketing and professional growth opportunities look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

To start becoming an industry player you should actually send some people to the SEM conferences instead of just saying you will.

Rocket Clicks Response

May 31, 2017 – VP Operations

It’s unfortunate that you feel this way of your Rocket Clicks experience. We admit, Rocket Clicks is not for everyone. We pride ourselves in upholding our core values day in and day out. Those... More

4. "Innovative Company Full of Hard-Working, Intelligent People Who Love Their Craft"

Current Employee - PPC Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - PPC Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Rocket Clicks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rocket Clicks is a company that offers an incredibly friendly, welcoming atmosphere. Each and every person working here is passionate about what they are doing and will go through great strides to ensure their clients are happy.

Management cares about the growth of each and every person in their role and do whatever they can to help them push themselves and strive for something greater.

The company also keeps their culture strong with several post-work events each month like trivia, bowling, or even laser tag!

Cons

The cons are very few. Though there was quite a bit of team member shifting in the past, things have definitely smoothed out over the past several months in this regard.

Advice to Management

Keep making everyone feel like having a big impact on the overall well-being and progress of the company.

5. "Rocket Clicks - Growing Company That Understands Work/Life Balance"

Current Employee - Senior PPC Advertising Analyst in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Senior PPC Advertising Analyst in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Rocket Clicks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rocket Clicks offers exciting, challenging SEM work with clients that want to take their business to the next level. It provides an open workspace where new ideas and theories are welcomed to flourish if you can back them up.

The workplace environment is relaxing with employee-chosen music, ping-pong table, reading area and the occasional Nerf gun fight. But most of the time you will see people engaged in their work on their computer screens.

The best aspect is that Rocket Clicks understands that life comes before work by offering Open PTO, which really helps the work/life balance.

Cons

In the past, Rocket Clicks has had high turnover, which is one of the reasons I was hesitant to join the company myself. They seem to have rectified this by knowing what qualities they want in an employee.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. People are really excited about the family environment you have created and they see the growth potential for the future.

6. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Rocket Clicks full-time

Pros

team events off hours, time off, culture, opportunities

Cons

location (slightly far from where i live)

Advice to Management

There's very little I would ever have to say negative about Rocket Clicks. The time off policy is fantastic and gives you the opportunity to have a good work-life balance. Culture & team building/events happen quite often off hours and they try to have things every month or so in the office.

Everyone is wonderful to work with and I have little negative things to say. The only thing would be that sometimes it takes an extra push to gravitate towards something you want to do - but hey, I imagine that's at any job.

"Stay Away Unless You Want A Quick Internship"

I worked at Rocket Clicks full-time

Pros

Nice neighborhood, clean modern building, good benefits. Great for a stepping-stone job.

Cons

Rocket Clicks is a revolving door of employees. They seem so friendly and welcoming at first that you wonder what's wrong that few people stay for any length of time. Don't expect to be able to think for yourself or bring anything new to the table. They have their own methods and are not open to anything new. I've never been treated as poorly by any other company.

Advice to Management

Don't stab your employees in the back.

Rocket Clicks Response

Apr 19, 2017 – VP Operations

At Rocket Clicks, every member of our team lives our core values, three of which are “we are curious”, “ego free”, and “we reach”. The spirit of these encourages idea sharing at all levels with the... More

8. "Intern - PPC Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Pros

It was a great start up culture with great people passionate for what they did. The midwest, hardworking culture was a joy to be around. Even as an intern I had indepth discussions on my future career passions.

Cons

Really there were very few cons. I thought the people were great and there was a great team atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Continue to make people feel special and that their opinion is important. Rocket Clicks did a great job making everyone feel like they were able to go above and beyond.

9. "Has been a really positive experience!"

I have been working at Rocket Clicks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My co-workers are great! The company works hard at your development and if you are a younger employee or newer to the field, you may have access to more responsibility with Rocket Clicks than at another company with the same job title.
    I love what I do here and have never had a hard time getting out of bet to go there.
    They seem to value your input, even if they can't always take action on it.
    Since its a small shop, I feel that my work directly contributes to the success of the business everyday. I know exactly what value I have here because I can see the forward movement.
    Managers are very transparent with the team, and everyone seems to get along really well.

Cons

It's smaller, so there is not always a clear path for advancement- sometimes you have to make your own and prove the need to management, but then they are really receptive. The executive team does not have a lot of past experience directly in this field, so it helps to be patient with direction.

10. "Great company, innovative people, fulfilling work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menomonee Falls, WI

Pros

Rocket Clicks is 20-30 incredibly smart people working together to optimize & improve company's online efforts, so you always feel that you are making a difference. The best idea always wins, so even at an intern level you can change the course of the company with a "big idea."

The industry is always changing and challenging making Rocket Clicks a vessel to doing really cool things in a really cool space. The work you do is always different, so it keeps it fresh. I never am "bored" at work, or feel there is nothing to do.

Management cares about the people that work here and the "team" feel is evident in everything we do. Management involves the whole team when establishing goals and initiatives, and we work together to rally around progress, and celebrates our wins. Everyone goes out of their way to recognize the hard work of others.

The coaching system they use is great. Instead of scary 6 month review or annual reviews, we review our performance, give and take feedback, and set personal development goals on a bi-weekly basis. I never feel like I do not have a feel of how my manager thinks I am performing.

Cons

It's a newer company and team so we are changing things a lot as we figure out the best way to do things in our work and as a team. Although exciting, it can take some patience as the team figures out the most effective way to function.

Advice to Management

Keep providing great feedback, clarity on how people can grow and advance in the company and recognition on great work done.