Found 4,101 of over 5K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
The latest conversations about Finance
Commercial Customer Service Representative
What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.
Got a burning question about Rocket Companies? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Rocket Companies employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great culture and very fast" (in 450 reviews)
- "The benefits are great and it pays well enough for the level of work I am expected to know and do." (in 423 reviews)
- "Its great and the pay is good" (in 246 reviews)
- "Great people that are fun to work with!" (in 241 reviews)
- "Training was great to get you to pass the safe test but after that it was on the job training." (in 188 reviews)
- "Long hours and for me it was a long drive 25 miles and with that being said traffic would be heavy back and forth" (in 362 reviews)
- "There is no work life balance and everything they say about isms is not something the company actually believes in dont fall for it" (in 333 reviews)
- "Super long hours." (in 115 reviews)
- "Micro management on a whole other level" (in 85 reviews)
- "you are harped on when you request any time off and made to feel super guilty about NOT working extra" (in 33 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Rocket Companies and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 3.0Aug 13, 2023Senior Engineering Team LeaderFormer Employee, more than 8 yearsDetroit, MI
Great health and dental benefits. Very good PTO schedule (4 weeks first year, 5 weeks 1-5 years, 6 weeks 5-10, 7 weeks 10+). Lots of perk programs. Can be involved in interesting projects and new technologies. Support for trying things that might not work, with three one-week innovation periods at the end of each of the first three quarters of the year. Team members tend to be supportive and great to work with. There is a very strong DEI culture. And general work/life balance has been very good. Rarely overtime or grueling deadlines.
Since Dan's stroke and the company going public, leadership is steering away from the ISMs culture to become just about the bottom line. Decisions were made this year and pushed through with no input or reason given other than "because this is the decision senior leaders made". Instead of supporting team members, it's becoming more" coaching out" than "coaching up". Leadership used to be a great Pro and fed into a great place to work, but not so much the last few years. With the poor mortgage market, I'm not confident if the calculated risk taking that moved the company forward won't give way to conservative "keep the gears going" mentality. Consistent feedback that salaries are below market in team member surveys. They are not poor based on my experiences, but yearly raises are miserly and fixed (generally 2.5% or 3.5% regardless of market or inflation conditions), and raises and promotions are hard to get with no negotiation on pay increases. So over time, salaries tend to lag the market.9
Rocket Companies Reviews FAQs
Rocket Companies has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 4,809 reviews left anonymously by employees. 56% of employees would recommend working at Rocket Companies to a friend and 42% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
56% of Rocket Companies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Rocket Companies 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.