Rocket Fuel Senior Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Rocket Fuel CEO Randy Wootton
Randy Wootton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Stock price very volatile and on a downward path (in 12 reviews)

• Senior Management has no idea what direction they want to take the company (in 9 reviews)

"Senior Analyst, Campaign Analytics"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rocket Fuel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, ping pong, happy hours and a great work-life balance. The technology is exciting and there are lots of opportunities to learn about a growing industry. Lots of transparency between Product/Algorithms and campaign management.

Cons

Management's plan for success is unclear. There is clear value add from our product, but the company has been unable to communicate this successfully to enough clients to justify ad tech and margins. Solving for a problem that many advertisers aren't ready to address (yet)

Advice to Management

Educate the sales team more about the technology. Enterprise sales should be much better with the clear technilogical benefits of the platform. Also, educate the company as a whole about competing technology. "Better than Turn" isn't a good enough answer...

Jun 23, 2016 – Employer Representative

Thanks for your review and appreciate the advice. Agree we can get better around competitive intelligence and education. Our CMO has made this a priority area of focus for 2H.

"Layoffs"

Former Employee - Senior Credit Analyst in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Credit Analyst in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Rocket Fuel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing good about g people off

Cons

Laying employees off now and then

Advice to Management

To care more about the Employees

"Great work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Rocket Fuel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free catered lunches, snacks of all kinds as well (chips, yogurt, bars, cereal etc). Tons of different drinks. Even strawberries, blueberries, nuts and stuff to make your own huge breakfast.

Flexible work environment, everything is cloud based so you can take your work home easily. Everyone starts off with a macbook air or lenovo x1 carbon, so both are super lightweight and you don't need much processing power because of the aformentioned cloud based capability.

Our tech/product is actually very great for a company that has had issues with its stock price, and you will work with tons of intelligent yet cool people. The motto here is nerdy but lovable, and that actually seems to be true. I think RF expanded too quickly with headcount which is why the stock has been tanking as we are now trying to cut back expenses like unnecessary hiring, and hopefully the turnaround will be soon. But I'm not worried, what we're doing here is good stuff.

Cons

Please make 401K match (of anyk kind) top HR priority after we cut enough expenses.

Aside from that, I haven't experienced any yet, perhaps some people getting a little anxious because the stock price has been tanking recently but we just got a new CEO last week and he seems to have a strong vision and definitely has the salesman skills to pull it off. Only time will tell.

I will say comp package of RSU's can be a little more competitive given the strong downward trend of the stock.

Nov 23, 2015 – Employer Representative

Thank you for the review. Many US employees have raised the request to have 401k matching. Once we consistently demonstrate delivering profitability, we will absolutely have this on the roadmap to... More

4. "Great people and opportunities for growth as the company develops its offering."

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Rocket Fuel full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing, which creates a great culture. The performance of the technology is unmatched with great support teams.

Cons

Career development needs to be emphasized more to retain talent. Training and documentation as well from the merger and brand new products.

Advice to Management

Set goals with employees that align with the company vision.

Jul 10, 2015 – Employer Representative

Thanks. We soft launched an OKR system for the 1H, but are formalizing it more broadly for the entire company for 2H. You should see goals aligned to our overall strategy through a new collaboration... More

"It's a decent company to work for, good benifits and perks."

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

Good pay, free food and unlimited PTO

Cons

No career development, doesn't feel like management cares about their employees that much

Advice to Management

Develop a better training process

"Solid Tech Stack but Shaky Business (at the moment)"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Rocket Fuel full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- good benefits
    - nice offices
    - relatively cutting edge (mostly) open source tech stack

Cons

- Below market wages
    - Static, hierarchical management structure unbefitting of modern tech company
    - Largely un-meritocratic, fixed schedule of raises/promotions
    - Gap between rhetoric regarding company values and actual daily life on the ground

Advice to Management

- Reassess balance of investment in core wages vs. pleasantries (meals, perks, offices, etc.).
    - Take time to connect personally with employees.

Jun 23, 2016 – Employer Representative

Thanks for the advice. Good idea around rebalancing wages / perks. Our recent crowdsourcing from employees surfaced this suggestion a few times. We will look into it more.