Rocket Lawyer Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Charley Moore

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/Life balance are good, I would say that I rarely find myself working outside the office (in 5 reviews)

• Lots of great folks who work here, there are many smart people who have a lot of great vision for the product (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The biggest problem is that from the executive team down through middle management, there is a lot of talk and not a lot of walk (in 3 reviews)

• Currently being sued by legal zoom for false advertising which they have no intent to change (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great!"

I worked at Rocket Lawyer full-time

Pros

Team environment! H&R was great!

Cons

Lack of communication between diff departments

2. "Senior Software Engineer"

I have been working at Rocket Lawyer full-time

Pros

Work-life balance, great engineers and team, if you are able to negotiate you can get pretty competitive salary, stocked kitchen, team outing, great culture

Cons

No other financial perks besides salary, no bonus, no stock increase, no matching 401K

3. "I LOVE THIS COMPANY"

Current Employee - Director in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Rocket Lawyer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Approachable Executive and Leadership team. Room to grow and shine and be recognized for hard work.

Cons

Quite honestly, none that come to mind

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Great culture, smart and driven CEO, i feel honored to be part of this team and what they are doing to revolutionize the legal industry on a global scale.

4. "Great place to learn a ton of technology"

Former Employee - Front End Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Front End Developer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Rocket Lawyer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative engineering team.
    Engineering peers are quick to help (when time allows it).
    PM's are pretty cool.
    Director of Engineering/VP of Engineering are understanding, helpful with personal growth & pretty cool dudes in general.
    Design team is rad.

Cons

Deployment schedule
    Micromanagement can get annoying (from other than engineering)
    Deadlines and commitments not fully accepted by an engineer

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage too much and set appropriate expectations up top that will satisfy both execs and engineers

5. "RL Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Rocket Lawyer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong Exec management. Made much needed and hard changes in recent years. Worklife balance. Culture.

Cons

Sales strategy around B2C product.
    Recurring model doesn't work for everyone for this service - so more customer issues to deal with than ideal.

Advice to Management

Keep going!

6. "A company with an amazing sense of purpose and smart growth planning"

I have been working at Rocket Lawyer full-time

Pros

-- There is a social purpose to working here regardless of where you are in the organization.
    -- They really have done a good job of hiring smart, hard-working people to drive the company forward.
    -- Good benefits (maybe not some of the high-end perks you find at larger internet companies, but they take care of their employees)

Cons

-- Leadership has a history of "jumping around" when it comes to priorities, which leads to ostensibly important initiatives not fulfilling their promise (although this has started to get better)
    -- As the company has grown, the executive team has become a bit more distant from the day-to-day experience of many employees (which is understandable but can be a bit demoralizing at times)
    -- Sometimes company priorities can seem too product-oriented, with the issue exacerbated by how opaque product decisions can be to those who are outside of the product management chain of command.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep your employees engaged and reminded of how they fit into both the day-to-day success of Rocket Lawyer as well as it's overarching purpose. Be as transparent as possible on where we are going (the quarterly meetings are great, but there may need to be a bit more in the downtime in-between). Don't ever forget why we are here and who our product serves.

"Too strict"

Pros

the job is super easy, the free food, and awesome benefits.

Cons

too strict! they claim they are lean back and easy-going but yet they watch your breaks, lunches and every move you make. getting fired is so easy, you get fired for being off the phone for a really good reason. they don't care! they think they know it all, very judgmental and plays favorites.

Advice to Management

Spend more time on coaching people and giving them a chance to do better other than firing them. horrible coaching and my manager was cold hearted and just dry.

"Great company! Mission-driven and plenty of fun too!"

I have been working at Rocket Lawyer full-time

Pros

I love that we are building software that makes a difference in people's lives. Our user experience is actually fantastic and our customer's love the product.

Our culture lets everyone have a voice and new ideas are encouraged from every corner of the company. The company is very family-friendly and we have wonderful events where kids and friends are welcome to attend.

We don't take ourselves too seriously. Happy hours, spontaneous offsites and nerf gun battles are the norm here.

Cons

Sometimes we don't move fast enough on initiatives.

Advice to Management

Stay customer-focused and empower your leadership team to fulfill the promise.

9. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Rocket Lawyer (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of great folks who work here, there are many smart people who have a lot of great vision for the product.
    I feel like the company invests in me, and this is a big reason why I have stayed at the company for a while.
    There's a lot of good people who I enjoy coming to the office to work with. Lots of friendly people!
    I like that we constantly are working to evolve the company and the business.
    There's a lot of collaboration between teams, and it's nice to get the thoughts and ideas of other folks.
    Work/Life balance are good, I would say that I rarely find myself working outside the office.

Cons

Could have some better benefits like 401k matching

10. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Member Benefits Associate/Attorney Services in Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Member Benefits Associate/Attorney Services in Ogden, UT

I worked at Rocket Lawyer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They take care of their employees, fed regularly by the company, team outings, Happy Hour, all kinds of free products like hats, sweaters and may kefs

Cons

The Ogden office is small. When it gets busy, it's busy. They do all hiring through temp services. And honestly, that is all i can think of.

Advice to Management

Great job guys! Keep it up!