Rockstar Reviews | Glassdoor

Rockstar Reviews

Found 65 reviews

2.0
Russell Weiner
Pros
  • "free company vehicle and gas card(in 15 reviews)

• "You have freedom to plan your day, you have a company vehicle and you have support from direct management(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Dealing with anyone from corporate and upper management(in 6 reviews)

• "Alot of the job is dependent on support from Pepsi, which can be both good and bad depending on location(in 6 reviews)

1. "Sales Representative"

Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Rockstar full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

This is a great company to work for. You have freedom to plan your day, you have a company vehicle and you have support from direct management. Many of these other reviews seem to come from employees who can't handle even the least bit of criticism. I have been with the company for over a year and a half and I am rarely criticized or mistreated by upper or direct management. If you do your job you will have no problems....

Cons

Alot of the job is dependent on support from Pepsi, which can be both good and bad depending on location. Upward mobility is indeed limited although it does exist. Dont come in expecting to get promoted quickly however positions do open up on occasion.

Advice to Management

Bring back sampling events. Other lesser brands are growing fast using them.

Rockstar2018-10-17
  2. "Don’t waste your time"

Former Employee - Sampling Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Rockstar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company truck and phone Freedom to make your own schedule Easy work

Cons

The coworkers they hire are all very difficult to put up with. Management ignores half of your questions about your job. They can/will fire you at any time for no reason at all! I went above and beyond for this company and was never even acknowledged for doing extra work. One day I checked my email and they terminated me without any reason.

Advice to Management

Don’t run a business like a fraternity. Instead of saving money, you should focus on saving the people who are trying to help this dying company.

Rockstar2019-04-25

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rockstar full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Freedom, and the ability to network and expand contacts to grow your professional career in the beverage industry.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Rockstar2019-02-04

"ASM"

Former Employee - ASM in New York, NY

I worked at Rockstar full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Company Vehicle Free Gear Free samples

Cons

Down right worse company on the planet. My current job compared to Rockstar is night and day! I actually have a boss and CEO who actually cares about you. Rockstar is managed by a bunch of baboons! Senior management have no clue about the beverage industry! It’s actually quite sad as it could be an amazing company. Russ (CEO) should step down or just sell the company. He only cares about himself. Just do yourself...

Rockstar2019-02-15
  5. "Good company"

I worked at Rockstar full-time

Pros

Everything from the job to management

Cons

None that i can think of

Rockstar2019-02-07

"Sales Rep"

I have been working at Rockstar full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Weekends off, that is it.

Cons

I use to think that the reviews on this page were just from disgruntled employees, now I know it’s not. It’s all the truth. Even the good reviews you can tell come from management themselves. -Nobody will ever respond to you from the corporate office. Imagine going days or weeks asking about your benefits and nobody responds. You literally can never get answers from anyone about anything including your most important...

Advice to Management

Set up an actual management structure where people can go to their immediate supervisors for answers. You are getting bogged down with communication because you have made the culture and structure work that way, and as you can see, it isn’t working.

Rockstar2018-11-09

"Where do you start with this company?"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Hickory, NC

I worked at Rockstar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent salary Company car Company gas card

Cons

Dealing with anyone from corporate and upper management Over-all direction of the company Lots of driving

Advice to Management

Pull your heads out of each other's rear end and stop thinking your product is so much more inferior to everything else. It's not. If they actually had a SVP who knew what he was doing, this company may actually find it self not playing third fiddle to monster and RB anymore. This company seems to be filled with rude, delusional people with there own agendas.

Rockstar2018-08-25

"Sales Rep"

I worked at Rockstar full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Company vehicle and company phone but your only allowed to use them during business hours - Job is the easiest I've ever had - Pepsi reps do all the work

Cons

WOW, where to begin... -you're tracked at all times - Pepsi reps call all the real shots through distribution - micromanaged - No real CRM -Management is a joke - learn no skills that translate to a real career - no room for advancement - Company culture is based on fear - Very unprofessional

Advice to Management

If you have a college degree or any hopes and dreams for strarting a career DO NOT WORK HERE. The job is mindless and is for people who enjoy being micromanaged. I was a top selling rep for several years and there is no opportunity for raises or advancement.

Rockstar2018-08-22

"Company is an angry mess"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Rockstar full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Company provided van, phone, and gas card.

Cons

The company is a mess. There is a total lack of direction and support within the company as a whole. Upper management is always yelling and blasting out angry emails that make no sense. The company expects you to jump through obnoxious nonsensical hoops. I thought the job would be tolerable but it turned out to be the most miserable year of my life. Do yourself a favor don't work for this company it is not worth it.

Advice to Management

Get an industry CEO Go public Hire executives that know how to run a company

Rockstar2018-07-25
    • "FSR"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Rockstar full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

learn great BDE skills, working with major distributor.

Cons

Getting bogged down by middle management on regional activities.

Advice to Management

Bring company public and hire industry CEO to concentrate on acquisitions in order to become bigger player.

Rockstar2018-04-11