Rockwell Automation Reviews in Mequon, WI | Glassdoor

3.4
Rockwell Automation President & CEO Blake Moret
Blake Moret

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • one of the best company to provide effective work life balance to the employees (in 95 reviews)

• The company has fostered such amazing work environment that employees have become brand evangelists and they also tend to speak highly of each other (in 62 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be an issue if the individual does not manage themselves appropriately (in 26 reviews)

• long-time, successful company is sometimes slow to change (in 15 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Intern in Mequon, WI
    Current Employee - Intern in Mequon, WI

I have been working at Rockwell Automation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

reasonable manager, decent pay, flexible hours, office culture isn't too stuffy

Cons

boring work at times, no natural light in most of the building and no where to comfortably work outside, work from home not actively encouraged

Advice to Management

Have more opportunities for your employees to work from home or outside or at least near a window. Being under artificial lighting all day makes me feel tired much quicker than being around natural light.

2. "Rockwell Automation, Test Technician, Mequon WI"

Current Employee - Senior Project Technician in Mequon, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Project Technician in Mequon, WI

I have been working at Rockwell Automation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome benefits, savings packages, gym, tremendous advancement potential, great management, mentors, cafeteria, way too many pros to list....

Cons

Honestly nothing worth complaining about. First job I ever had where I wasn't actively looking for other work. I will retire here.

3. "Great place to work."

Former Employee - Assembler in Mequon, WI
    Former Employee - Assembler in Mequon, WI

I worked at Rockwell Automation (Less than a year)

Pros

Straightforward work that is easy to learn. Overtime pay really helps supplement the base income. Very friendly work environment and people are always willing to help you learn and give you tips.

Cons

Seems challenging to move around and gain experience with the more advanced machines. Also management will sometimes come down and ask questions about how to improve the assembly line but will not listen to suggestions.

Advice to Management

Listen to the operators more

"Good for Full Time, really bad for Contractual Employees"

Former Contractor - Senior Firmware Engineer in Mequon, WI
    Former Contractor - Senior Firmware Engineer in Mequon, WI

I worked at Rockwell Automation as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Rockwell is a good place to work if you are a full time employee. The workload is moderate to low during most of the times of the year, except before product launch or when you are chasing a deadline. Also, most of the coworkers are nice and willing to help.

1. Good pay.
    2. Good work-life balance.

Cons

So here comes the cons. Rockwell is like a bus, and its good to be inside the bus. Contractors are treated 'outside the bus'. You do not really feel an integral part of the company if you are contractual. You are here mostly to run errands, not any 'real task' that is important, but mostly to get things running, or to show the management that everyone is busy. And even if you have a better idea of doing something, you are not allowed to because you are a contractor. Your hands are mostly tied and you are there to follow orders. You are not allowed to have access to or be a part of work that requires information that are company confidential, or part of IP (Intellectual Property). Also, I wrote most of the coworkers are nice, but not all of them. Lot of company politics, and you are always the victim if you are contractor. When it comes down to find a scapegoat, find a contractor. I was treated in a very bad way by a full time employee, who was not even my boss. He was of the same rank/designation as mine and did not have the educational qualification the same as mine. Also, I often overheard other full time people treating contractors/yelling at them in a very bad way. They have nowhere to turn to because they are always in constant fear of losing their job and they are not hired by Rockwell HR, so the policy against discrimination, etc does not apply for them. No paid vacation/benefits for contractors as well. And while I was there, I saw a few contractor whose contract was terminated suddenly, in a days notice, and they had to either find a new job or to go back to their country. Now the company does not like it when it's other way around. I kept telling the management for months that I am looking forward to a full time position at Rockwell, and they did not care. Now when I finally told them that I found a very good full time position in another company, they treated me in a horrible way.

1. Horrible treatment to contractual employees. Also, you have nowhere to turn to if you are contractor because you are not even hired by Rockwell HR. Your recruiting agency is even worse.
    2. Extremely slow company, run by old people. For example, most people like very dark workplace instead of bright light.
    3. Very laid back attitude by most of the old people who runs the company or in the senior positions. Makes you laid back after a several months. Not good if you want to grow your career fast. You don't really learn any new skill that can be helpful for your next job.

Advice to Management

1. Respect the contractual employees. Run some checks if they are treated badly by the full time employees. Because they are.

2. If you have a potential temporary employee who might be good for the company in the long run, make him full time as soon as possible. US graduates with Masters/PhD from top schools are not here to run errands and be in continuous fear of losing job or contracts being terminated at any time.

3. Get rid of some of the older people who is there getting paid but not doing any real work.

5. "Firmware Engineer"

Current Employee - Firmware Engineer in Mequon, WI
    Current Employee - Firmware Engineer in Mequon, WI

I have been working at Rockwell Automation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is relax to work at RA.

Cons

Relaxing, okay salary, low costs

6. "a leader in automotive industry"

Former Intern - Electrical Engineering Intern in Mequon, WI
    Former Intern - Electrical Engineering Intern in Mequon, WI

I worked at Rockwell Automation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

it has lots of talent engineers

Cons

not lots of jobs proving sponsorship

7. "P"

Current Employee - Product Specialist in Mequon, WI
    Current Employee - Product Specialist in Mequon, WI

I have been working at Rockwell Automation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Awesome company. Tons of opportunities available. Rockwell also offer a number of internal resources designed to help navigate your chosen career path. Which can be helpful when choosing a new career direction.

Cons

The only take away I would add is that Rockwell's lack of competitive compensation continues to be an issue. Rockwell's a great company. However, the lack of fair and competitive compensation is balanced with the great environment.

Advice to Management

Bonus structure and compensation needs attention from a corporate level.

8. "Electrical Engineering Intern"

Former Intern - Electrical Engineer Intern in Mequon, WI
    Former Intern - Electrical Engineer Intern in Mequon, WI

I worked at Rockwell Automation as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to start your career with little experience

Cons

Not recommended for people who actually know stuff. Not much innovation in product development. Bad pay for a grad student

"Like going back to grade school"

Former Employee - Associate in Mequon, WI
    Former Employee - Associate in Mequon, WI

I worked at Rockwell Automation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

makes you a tougher person

Cons

- Maturity and intellect of employees is lower than you'd expect
    - Harassment of many kinds are not only accepted, but seemingly encouraged
    - This job will considerably shorten your life due to stress

Advice to Management

One of your most valuable assets are your employees. It seems as though you've forgotten.

10. "Growing and demanding manufacturing facility"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mequon, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mequon, WI

I worked at Rockwell Automation full-time

Pros

Clean facility, workout room, friendly co-workers, pay for performance

Cons

Management and support functions rotate too often, large wage disparities on the shop floor, poor vision or lack of direction from management

Advice to Management

Stay focused on realistic goals and issues within your control. Goals and metrics are only taken seriously if you know what is truly attainable. We want to learn from YOU. Continuous improvement projects are very beneficial so long as they are followed through until the end and sustained. Don't let employees cheat the QEK program, it hurts more than helps. Put a quota on individuals to avoid such shady behavior. Appreciate ALL employees. Don't push out the ones you don't know how to mentor or coach.

Showing 37 of 1,058 reviews