Rockwood Clinic Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
Rockwood Clinic Chief Executive Officer Michael A. Patmas
Michael A. Patmas

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There are some very good people and providers at Rockwood (in 4 reviews)

• The new management team, led by Tom Moser, the COO who has been here for a year, is doing things right (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is completely out of touch (in 9 reviews)

• Very low pay, have been told for six years that we are getting market rate and still waiting (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great place to work!"

Pros

Wonderful staff, friendly work environment. Great network for all health care needs of any speciality

Cons

There arent really any cons to working there that i experienced

2. "Certified Nursing Assistant"

I worked at Rockwood Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked with some awesome residents and a couple good coworkers and nurses.

Cons

Not paid enough higher ups don’t care about the employees enough unless your family.

Advice to Management

If you have a pregnant employee and they come to you saying that a resident is constantly hating my stomach listen to them and do something about it don’t force them to work with that person because that is risking their pregnancy.

3. "CMA"

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time

Pros

Good doctors to work for.

Cons

Pay is not to market value.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Acknowledge those that go above and beyond. Stop rewarding bad behavior, not just with patients but with employees.

4. "Not employee oriented"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I worked at Rockwood Clinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great service and nice people

Cons

The company was bought by a large corporation from the South, it did not respect the culture or the knowledge of the employees.

5. "Good to get your foot in the door..nothing else."

I worked at Rockwood Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved my coworkers. They were not there for the money and cared about their patients and staff. Weekends off and regular schedules. Flexible with time off.

Cons

Terrible pay, corporate kept promising to make our pay competitive but it was always lower than literally every other medical establishment in Spokane. Management was ignorant and never followed through with any promises of helping employees move up in the company. HR was ignorant of complaints and rarely followed through, and when they did it was more about scare tactics than genuinely resolving issues. Terrible health insurance and benefits as well.

Advice to Management

Hire management and HR who actually graduated with degrees in management/HR. It seems like no one knows what they are doing in those departments. Try to make pay higher so your good employees won't leave you to get better pay down the street.

6. "Medical Coding Specialist"

Former Employee - Medical Coding Specialist in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Medical Coding Specialist in Spokane, WA

I worked at Rockwood Clinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of caring people to work for and with. They are flexible and understand the needs of their employees. They offer many opportunities, including working from home. They value their employees.

Cons

There weren't really any downsides. The only occasional frustration is just the type of work we do and would be found across the board no matter who you work for, not from the company itself.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

7. "Low pay"

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Like the people, like my job . If it wasn't for the low pay, would be a good place to work.

Cons

Very low pay, have been told for six years that we are getting market rate and still waiting. Have started looking for something better. Can't even hire qualified people because of the starting pay.

8. "CHS destroyed Rockwood"

Former Employee - Physician in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Physician in Spokane, WA

I worked at Rockwood Clinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some great doctors and staff st Rockwood. They had a great CEO but CHS drive him out. The place has languished since unable to effectively grow

Cons

CHS ownership has been a disaster. Turnover at all levels ridiculous. Hsd a great CEO and lost him.

Advice to Management

Bring Patmas back

9. "Overall, not a bad place to work"

I have been working at Rockwood Clinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some great staff and providers to work with.
    Leadership has worked to be sure portions of our staff have salaries adjusted to market norms.

Cons

Unfortunately, clinic managers often hold no degrees or specialized training other than being a CMA.
    In one instance, a clinic manager who operated by threats, intimidation and favoritism was rewarded with a promotion to regional clinic manager.
    Lastly, productivity overshadows what's best for the patient. Hopefully, with the upcoming change in ownership, this will no longer be the case.

Advice to Management

Saying employees are valued but allowing (some) clinics to clearly demonstrate otherwise, leads to low morale and employee turnover.

10. "Surgical Group Sucks"

Former Employee - Scheduler in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Scheduler in Spokane, WA

I worked at Rockwood Clinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best reasons to work at Rockwood? If you get into a position with a specialty practice, you get higher pay than you would at, say, family practice. The patients, for the most part, were pretty great. I think that's about it.

Cons

Poor communication and management by fear are the bread and butter there. My experience at the surgical group was probably the worst working experience I have ever had in my professional career. I was there for four months and all of the surgeons were pretty curt, concerned only with their patients, paychecks and schedules. During that four months I was given one week of training. Training consisted of me sitting next to my co-worker (whom constantly left due to chronic migraines) and watching her do things without explaining anything. She eventually gave up and told me that I "just had to do it." Oh, we also had NO manager, so my supervisor (if you could call her that) was the only person I had to help me out. Instead of helping with training, she would just get frustrated, throw up her hands, yell and tell me that I couldn't do anything right. She also decided that instead of just keeping her yelling about my "incompetence" at me, she would yell it at other various employees in the office. We eventually got a manager only to have her tell me that the surgeons did not have any confidence in my abilities and that she would either have to let me go or improve significantly. By that time, I was suffering from so much stress I was constantly going to the bathroom to puke or have violent diarrhea. I almost took FMLA, which I should have done, but they convinced me to cash out my vacation by giving my two week's notice.

Advice to Management

If you don't know how to train somebody, find somebody that does. Raise people's wages so they can actually afford to live and support themselves.