Roehl Transport Fleet Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2019

4.8
Roehl Transport CEO Rick Roehl
Rick Roehl
  1. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Fleet Manager in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is built on values - especially safety. This drives everything we do and it is nice to work for a company that cares about its employees. I also really like the emphasis on teamwork here. If I ever have a problem or a question and my direct manager is unavailable, I have a whole pool of people that can help me at any time. There are a lot of opportunities for career development here as well - many people I work with have worked in other departments in the past and have moved up the ladder.

Cons

The transportation industry is tough, freight is constantly changing along with technology and there is a huge demand for drivers with any company - this can make keeping drivers with us a challenge at times but Roehl is working to be different. We focus on building relationships with drivers and not just dispatching them. We have new and well maintained equipment and new technology that can help accommodate this as well.

Roehl Transport2019-09-17

"Fleet Manager"

Former Employee - Fleet Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Roehl Transport part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great People to work with at the ATL location

Cons

Work load does not meet the amount of money they pay FMs. Roehls pay rate is well below the industry standard. The Drivers make more than the FMs in most cases. Roehl does not stand behind there employees.

Advice to Management

Treat your FMs and drivers better. Alow the on site trainers to train and when they point out an issues with new driver take action.

Roehl Transport2017-05-01

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Fleet Manager

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My fellow fleet managers are always willing to jump in and help regardless of what zip code they are in. Executive leadership looks for high performers and rewards them as well as offers opportunities for personal and career growth. Positive atmosphere. Open door policy with upper management, everyone is friendly and approachable. The culture is infectious and I enjoy every day at work. We meet regularly at our specific terminals to work on ways to get better and help our drivers be more successful. I admire how involved Rick Roehl and all of the upper management is in improving our processes and making changes to promote driver success. No comment or concern ever falls on deaf ears.

Cons

There are always ways a company can improve. Nothing major stands out, however if I do have concerns see above open door policy.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. I have noticed exponential improvements in my tenure here at Roehl and it keeps changing for the better.

Roehl Transport2015-10-29

"Overworked and Underpaid"

Former Employee - Fleet Manager

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Several opportunities to make extra money working the weekend shifts.

Cons

CONSTANT MICROMANAGING and NO DIVERSITY

Advice to Management

If you are going to continue to increase job responsibilities for fleet manager an increase in pay would be ideal. Drivers have the opportunities for raises at the end of each quarter and they only way for a Fleet Manager to advance is if someone in the higher ranking position passes away.. and if you're not a woman.

Roehl Transport2014-07-01

"A very unprofessional place to work."

Fleet Manager

I worked at Roehl Transport

Pros

The drivers were very professional. The co-workers were very friendly.

Cons

Upper management were not approachable and appeared to not care about the "little people". They were not supported of your homelife.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff, they do all the work and help the company to succeed.

Roehl Transport2011-08-26