Roehl Transport Reviews in Louisville, KY | Glassdoor

Roehl Transport CEO Rick Roehl
Rick Roehl
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Roehl Transports home time fleets are great for drivers who need to be home more (in 13 reviews)

• I listened everyday to the Fleet Managers, work with their Drivers (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • National drivers who are out for a month at a time are low man on totem pole when come to loads and getting home on time (in 9 reviews)

• A lot of turn over in Fleet Managers, causing the need to renegotiate with each one about prior agreements made (in 12 reviews)

"Deceptive Practices"

Former Employee - Driver in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Driver in Louisville, KY

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are polite and helpful, great equipment

Cons

A warning regarding Roehl. The promised me 2,500+ miles, or $1,000per week. After four months I hadn't hit that mark and asked Jeff M, my fleet manager, why I wasn't hitting that mark. He said that they didn't apply to new drivers.

I told him I couldn't pay my bills making what I was and would have to leave. He told me when I signed my new hire paperwork there was a clause stating unless I drove 75,000 miles for Roehl they would bill me $3,130 for the training they provided. Note: at the rate they were dispatching me it would have taken me a total of 15 months to reach that mark.

I left and they did send me a bill. I appealed, which they told me was my right, stating that they didn't keep they're part of the bargain. Their reply was to turn my account over to a collection agency and now the charge was $3,950.

That's my story. After this I called the office in Marshfield, WI, and asked what the turnover rate was for drivers. I was told 99% in 2015 and 104% in 2016! Obviously I should have done this first. They're probably making more money on "training fees" than on delivery freight.

Before you decide ask them for turnover rates. Ask about the 75,000 miles clause. And ask them how many miles per week or income you can expect per week, and get that in writing.

Update: just heard that they've changed they're requirements to 150,000 miles or $5,000 in training fees ($6,200 if you can't write a check for that amount). If they're a good company why the retribution?

Advice to Management

If you were honest to the drivers and paid a competitive wage you wouldn't have to penalize them for leaving, because most of them wouldn't.

Showing 1 of 173 review