Roehl Transport Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2019

5.0
Roehl Transport CEO Rick Roehl
Rick Roehl
  1. "Great Company, Great Values"

Current Employee - Recruiting in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked at another well known WI based company for many, many years who expressed family values along with flexibility and I thought they had that until I came to Roehl and saw what it was truly like to have them. My management team is flexible and cares about us as people, not staff. They believe in their values, everyone from drivers moving the freight to the receptionist at our front desk and it's refreshing. I've been with Roehl for almost two years to witness their corporate values and integrity.

Cons

Roehl has a great and unique training option for new drivers without a CDL but it does take time to get through. We aren't looking for people to get in and out quick. We typically book a few weeks out so you can prepare to be here with us. If you're looking to just start with whoever will take you first, we might not the right fit. If you're looking for top tier training, safety focused, then Roehl is where to go and worth the extra wait for our opportunity.

Roehl Transport2019-07-19

"Family company"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I've been with Roehl for 8 years and feel that Roehl has done a great job with making sure that Family comes first. Its a family own company and they have great benefits for driver and non driver employees. With keeping up with insurance options to offering different hometime opportunities. Family is what keeps us moving forward everyday and Roehl knows that.

Cons

Roehl is known for its training which means we are consistently filling spots every day for the on the job paid training program. Which means we are booking 1 mth out. It may be frustrating to not be able to start asap but I like to think of it as this program is in such demand and great that I rather wait to start my career off right rather than just settle for some other option that might not have the same values. You're a valued employee day one not just a number.

Roehl Transport2019-07-11

"Company focused on growing"

Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time

Pros

*Ability to change departments for other job opportunities *Employee help fund available for those that need help after a disaster *Family owned business *Team atmosphere *Support from direct supervisor

Cons

*When changing policies/management, can feel like micromanaging *Need to watch internal postings for advancement opportunities *Pay program-challenging for experienced drivers that want to be paid on experience rather than performance

Advice to Management

*More 1:1 to develop individual goals, aside from team goals *Don't forget the folks that don't ask for help *Regular feedback on performance

Roehl Transport2015-11-13

"Green Bay"

Current Employee - Regional Recruiter in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Roehl has allowed me to pursue my career goals faster than any other company I have worked for. They have leaders that listen, encourage, and guide. It's a rewarding company to work for and it's fun.

Cons

I really don't have any negative feedback

Advice to Management

Best leadership team I have ever worked for. Keep up the good work.

Roehl Transport2015-10-31

"Recruiter"

Current Employee - Field Recruiter in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

AWESOME COMPANY. Roehl not only talks the talk BUT walks the walk. By that I mean they do what they say they will do. Roehl truly cares about their drivers. Roehl listen's. Roehl is not perfect but strives for perfection. Roehl keeps up with the changing times and always keeps drivers their number ONE priority.

Cons

Personally I cannot say anything bad about Roehl because I have not personally had any bad experiences with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. People are listening and I hear good things every day about Roehl.

Roehl Transport2015-10-30

"A Company That Lives it's Values!"

Current Employee - Recruiting and Staffing Manager in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Roehl Transport is a company that actually has the audacity to live it's values! I had the opportunity to join Roehl Transport 11 years ago as a Fleet Manager. I was going through my orientation and I was attending the Roehl Way class (our safety program is called the Roehl Way) with a group of our driving team members. In that class I learned about the difference between values and priorities. A value is a deeply help personal belief beyond compromise; where a priority is fluid and changes based on the circumstances. This one lesson alone has made a world of difference for me in how I approach my work and personal life. I have no problem telling people that I am a better husband, father, friend, son, brother, professional, and community member because of the professional development I have received at Roehl Transport. The work is incredibly rewarding. We quite literally are the engine that keeps America moving. Everyday our professional drivers deliver the raw materials to the production site, move the produced goods to distribution, and from distribution to the stores. Our support team of Fleet Managers, Customer Service Representatives, Planners, IT Professionals, Maintenance Technicians, Payroll Representatives, Driver Recruiters, Sales Team, and Safety Team have the pleasure of supporting the safest and most professional drivers on the road today. In short I am proud to be a Transportation Professional and I am honored to serve as a member of TeamRoehl!

Cons

Transportation can be a very challenging field whether you are a driver or part of the support staff. Roehl will give you the tools you need, whether you are a driver or part of the support staff, to be successful. So even though the work can be challenging you will have the tools you need to succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for ways to innovate and be original in the way that Roehl Transport approaches the challenges inherent in transportation.

Roehl Transport2015-09-04

"Great Co- Workers, truly family"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time

Pros

This is one of the few Trucking Companies, that I believe truly cares. I listened everyday to the Fleet Managers, work with their Drivers. Unbelievable Professionalism.

Cons

No Cons... EVERY Carrier faces the same challenges, dealing with Logistics issues...

Advice to Management

Listen, and trust the Regional personnel... That know the Regions, and markets they work In.

Roehl Transport2014-07-09

"A Learning Organization which Values Employees"

Current Employee - Recruiting and Staffing Manager in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employees feel appreciated and the organization invests in employee development. Employees are encouraged to reach their potential,

Cons

It takes time to learn all areas of this dynamic corporation, especially since there are mulitple locations throughout the U.S.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in employees and acknowledging their efforts! It matters!

Roehl Transport2013-07-01