Roehl Transport Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Roehl Transport CEO Rick Roehl
Rick Roehl

Pros
  • Roehl Transports home time fleets are great for drivers who need to be home more (in 12 reviews)

• I listened everyday to the Fleet Managers, work with their Drivers (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • National drivers who are out for a month at a time are low man on totem pole when come to loads and getting home on time (in 7 reviews)

• A lot of turn over in Fleet Managers, causing the need to renegotiate with each one about prior agreements made (in 11 reviews)

"Great company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conley, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conley, GA

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Truck 4086. I had a great experience working for Roehl. I was given plenty of miles, pay was everything I expected and I couldn't ask for a better FM. Theresa Putnam always went above and beyond for me. I know I can be a p.i.t.a but if your not sure, ask questions. She will be one of the major things I'll miss about Roehl. If you work hard, you'll get paid what your worth (Roehl doesnt hesitate to make that possible) The reason I left was because the lifestyle just isn't for me (I'm a family man). My truck was always maintained. Never a blown tire, never broke down, always 100%. Thank you for the opportunity and I wish you guys all the best luck moving forward.

Cons

Benefits were a little expensive for me and didn't cover much so I chose to decline them, too much time away from family. Like I said I'm a family man. If there was ever a Roehl local job to open up where I live, please call me!

Advice to Management

Roehl is hands down "The Best". Thanks again for everything!

"Driver review"

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver
    Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver

Pros

If you want to learn how to become a (good and safe) truck driver this is the company to learn with.

Cons

For anyone you too over the road truck driving, the biggest con is usually time away from home. Support over the weekend by Fleet managers is a bit weak.

Advice to Management

The only advice I can offer to management, would be to improve or add to the weekend support staff. ( these comments do not include the maintenance department)

"Awesome Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a great teaching company. There's a lot of opportunity to learn here. It's also a great company culture. Everyones super nice and friendly.

Cons

I have a degree in Logistics. So for me there wasn't longevity with this. It wasn't for me personally to grow a career.

Advice to Management

Nothing really. I think they do a great job of monitoring and giving feedback. they make time for you if you ask.

"Roehl"

Former Employee - Truck Driver
    Former Employee - Truck Driver

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to travel all forty eight states and Canada. Plenty of miles for over the road drivers. Everyone is very helpful.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. great place to get started in trucking.

"Instuctor"

Current Employee - Instructor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Instructor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our company has provided excellent leadership, the opportunity to learn and grow ,outstanding mentoring and always has opportunities for us as employee's.
    Our other departments work great together and are always helpful.
    Excellent maintenance and mechanics staff.
    Equipment is the best.

Cons

I do not have any cons our company has done everything I have needed .The follow up is exceptional.

Advice to Management

Be more understanding for payroll issues.

"Utility driver"

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time

Pros

Constant year round work with decent pay and good equipment to work with most of the time

Cons

Some times it is difficult to plan things on a daily basis hour's vary constantly

Advice to Management

With the wok we do its difficult to let the driver's know ahead of time what we are doing but additional communication about the future would be nice

"Great company"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid for training at a technical collage at Fox Valley Tech Collage in WI.
    Further advanced training available while driving solo.
    Pet Policy
    Passenger program
    Great benefits

Cons

I heard other companies pay more but not being able to compare myself it is the most I have ever maid in my life. (besides military)

"Sound, quality company"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Marshfield, WI
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Marshfield, WI

I worked at Roehl Transport (More than 10 years)

Pros

1st class company, top to bottom

Cons

Bit slow in recognizing employee efforts

"for the most part I like Roehl"

Former Employee - Over the Road Truck Driver in Ellsworth AFB, SD
    Former Employee - Over the Road Truck Driver in Ellsworth AFB, SD

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Kraft dedicated fleet was great, home every weekend..fleet manager was good

Cons

If you are military us your GIBill to go to a school and DO NOT USE the Get your CDL Program. I spent 10 months with Roehl doing the best job I could and I was given a nice pay raise for my good work and I thank Roehl for it. But because of family issues and needing to take care of my children I had to leave and I wish I didn't have too. Roehl kept my last paycheck when I needed it most..and I have to pay back the Get your CDL Program. When my world is already falling apart. They are uncaring in that aspect...but my fleet manger wants me back as he knew he could count on me.

Advice to Management

sometime compassion can go a long way to making a better world

"Trust is earned"

Current Employee - OTR Flatbed Driver
    Current Employee - OTR Flatbed Driver

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The GYCDL program in Marshfield trains you enough to pass the test, but the trainers there really care and help you. They are SERIOUS about safety, which is why I chose them. A LOT of bonus pays: going to NY/Long Island/Canada, tarping, detention, snow, short-haul, lay-over, break-down, Hazmat, over dimensions w/permit... very few companies offer these extra pays. New Equpitment

Cons

Been sitting for almost 3 weeks still no OTRT after training in Marshfield. Not enough flatbed securement training, no tarting training, no computer training (co-pilot), not enough map and trip planing training. No gun/weapon or guard dog for protection allowed in Trailer.

Advice to Management

Get people out faster, pay what you say you will pay, give miles or stop hiring too many people. Allow people to protect themselves with their LEGALLY registered gun or guard dog (they take on all responsibilities) if they are OTR for 3/4 weeks out. Very unsafe for young drivers/women without security.