Roehl Transport Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Roehl Transport CEO Rick Roehl
Rick Roehl

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Roehl Transports home time fleets are great for drivers who need to be home more (in 13 reviews)

• My fellow fleet managers are always willing to jump in and help regardless of what zip code they are in (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • National drivers who are out for a month at a time are low man on totem pole when come to loads and getting home on time (in 9 reviews)

• A lot of turn over in Fleet Managers, causing the need to renegotiate with each one about prior agreements made (in 13 reviews)

1. "Eh, is ok to start, after a year or 2 upgrade to something better"

Current Employee - Flatbed Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Flatbed Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

See the country. Great starter company. Decent training. Pay goes up fast at first.

Cons

Low miles. If you drive a long load thursday to deliver Monday and start the week with a reset and 2000 miles you get slowed down rest of week ending at 3000 . Your average weeks are normally 2200-2600 when they should be 3200 or more. After initial pay raises they keep you where they want you through mileage, but call it your choice pay.

Advice to Management

treat your employees with respect again and pay them better. Give them better trucks instead of base models. Stop being greedy with supplies. Practice what you preach, flat bed needs better securement equipment, as well as enough. Safety isn't being the slowest trucks on the road.

"Dry Van Semi Driver"

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time

Pros

Good equipment and always serviced quickly. Very friendly at the terminals and they really did try to help out drivers

Cons

Almost impossible to contact my fleet manager at times. Unrealistic pick up and delivery times. Deceptive pay scale that you will actually be making less the longer you work for the company,

Advice to Management

Offer east cost pay for runs in New England. Pay extra for drop and hooks.

"Depends if you like living in a truck or not."

Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

All about safety
    New Trucks
    Never worry about being overloaded
    CDL schooling program

Cons

Cheapest paying trucking company out there. I make 36 cents a mile.
    Trucks are governed at 63 which i dont mind but the torque/horsepower is also governed to the minimal setting, causing you to crawl up even the slightest incline when loaded.

Advice to Management

Turn up the horsepower.
    You can afford to pay more.

"Roehl is just a starter company"

Current Employee - Truck Driver

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The GYCDL program is amazing. The instructors are great. Some of the fleet managers are awesome.

Cons

Everyone says the equipment is great but in reality it is bottom dollar cheaper than dirt equipment. Maintenance guys don't know what they are doing half the time. Don't expect to get home when you're told you will be or when you request to be. They will come up with anything to short you miles. They micromanage so much that they literally babysit the trucks now. And at the end of the day they don't care about you, the driver, all they care about is whether or not that truck is moving. They will always try to find a way to make any incident the drivers fault.

Advice to Management

Listen to the drivers. This company was built by a driver. But now they treat drivers like second class citizens. You are so worried about the dollar sign that you don't see all of these great drivers leaving because you treat them like crap. Maybe give back to the drivers a little more.

5. "No good"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you get new truck good.

Cons

They don't pay. They lie and don't get you home

Advice to Management

You s&(k

"Driver oriented company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very driver oriented. I've been here 10 years, I've been OTR, I've been local. I've always been treated with respect. I had problems with one dispatcher, Roehl made it right.

Cons

Pay raises are hard to come by. As a local, don't expect one. The one place that irritates me is pay. Yes, I get paid well, but we should be getting annual reviews and raises. OTR, regional, dedicated are offered raises based on preformance, however the catch is amount of loads and miles. Drivers can't control that. Some dispatchers along with the owners love to micro manage. Roehl is taking full advantage of technology.

Advice to Management

The micro managing in most cases is unnecessary. The lane mitigation, unnecessary. Adaptive cruise control, unnecessary. All this waste could go to higher wages and bugger bonuses or larger profit sharing.

7. "Office"

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time

Pros

flexible schedule, values safety, family oriented company

Cons

micromanagement, not great PTO (vacation and sick combined)

8. "Decent company to work for if they paid more."

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time

Pros

Great fleet manager. Great equipment. Great maintenance team/program. Wonderful terminals/facilities.

Cons

The pay was extremely low. Made it impossible to live on.

Advice to Management

Pay your drivers more money. Concentrate on making sure your seasoned drivers are being taken care of. When a Driver Trainer finds out their trainee is making more money than them to start out, it really puts a sour taste in ones mouth. Especially when they went above and beyond to become a trainer in the first place.

"Great Company Bad Career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marshfield, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marshfield, WI

I worked at Roehl Transport (Less than a year)

Pros

Roehl's training is second to none and the instructors genuinely care about student drivers. Roehl seems genuinely care about their employees. The equipment is kept in good shape. If you're going to drive truck for a living Roehl is a good choice.

Cons

Dispatch doesn't give a damn about the drivers! Extremely poor pay for hours on duty but it's the same no-matter who you're driving for.

Advice to Management

Educate dispatch as to the fact that if it weren't for the Drivers they wouldn't exist! Dispatch is there for and works THE DRIVERS!

"Unprofessional Greedy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Roehl Transport part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Zero pros noted at the corporate level

Cons

#Roehl Transport Inc. Take Notice. Nice going Roehl! Your cpap policy ruined over 2 years of sleep for me. You forced the machine on me. Threatened me to use it. Cost me a few grand in medical expenses and now sent more threats from a collection agency because you want even more money from me after you shut down my fleet with no notice forcing me to leave. I've performed flawlessly for Roehl from beginning to end. You people are not caring, ethical professionals. You are ruthless money hungry grubs aligning yourselves with the Willie Lynch model for controlling slave labor. Starting tomorrow I am following through with the complaints my US Congressman suggested. Labor Dept, Ombudsmans Office, Inspector General and Osha. Add in the Attorney Generals Office. I do not owe you people a red cent! You've beat me out of earnings enough times to repay yourselves two times over the fictitious amount you claim I owe you. You can explain to the government how you manipulated FMCSA guidelines to force sleep studies which didn't meet the American Academy of Sleep Science Standards. You can explain how the cpap salesman sold machines before a doctor prescribed one, not giving new hires a chance to confer with their own medical professional. You can explain to the government why you consistently short drivers pay they earned. I left on good terms. Can't imagine what happens to drivers who don't. Do you just put a hit out on them and have them killed? There's a special place in hell for people like you. May the Lord forgive your sorry butts. Leaders? What a joke.