Roehl Transport Reviews
66% would recommend to a friend
(488 total reviews)
75% approve of CEO
Found 488 of over 504 reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great training especially in Marshfield." (in 33 reviews)
- "If you have a good fleet manager you're good to go." (in 16 reviews)
- "Safety is HUGE and if you feel driving conditions are unsafe they will not push you to make delivery" (in 13 reviews)
- "Excellent training program and get paid to get your CDL" (in 11 reviews)
- "The good people that work there are great." (in 10 reviews)
- "Low pay but to be expected for a starter company." (in 38 reviews)
- "Stressful, high call volume, bad management, just a number" (in 11 reviews)
- "Very restrictive, bad communication, maintenance usually sucks, especially at the Gary terminal." (in 9 reviews)
- "Benefits are 80/20 and expensive." (in 8 reviews)
- "Many of the planners and fleet managers don't seem to know or care about you or their jobs." (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Roehl Transport and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 10, 2023Class A Truck DriverCurrent EmployeeGary, IN
Good equipment Great safety score Fms work with yoy
Not too pay Miles go low sometimesRoehl Transport Response3w
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're glad to hear you're satisfied with the equipment, leadership, and our cornerstone value of Safety. Thanks for being part of the team!
- 5.0Oct 30, 2023Truck DriverCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPhoenix, AZ
- They will train you for your CDL but you need to give back 120k miles - The pay is fair and you keep going up. After a year, it seems the pay is average. There are other companies that pay better, but there are definitely others that pay worse. - They are SUPER SAFE. They will never ask you to keep going if you feel you are tired or there is any danger. Safety is one of the key points of this company, and the driver and load getting to destination safely. - Good trucks. Pretty new. I've got a Freightliner 2023 now. I did have a 2019 before but for not more than about 5 months.
- I can't think of any normal cons. The company is fair, try to get you fixed as quickly as possible, promote safety checks, etc. Have terminals in various parts of the country. I think it's well-organized. I understand this company is currently #1 on the CSA scores. I understand it is often around the top 3.Roehl Transport Response3w
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're happy to hear that our value of Safety has been central to your experience with TeamRoehl. We're glad you're part of our team and look forward to continued success together in the future.
- 5.0Oct 26, 2023Truck DriverCurrent EmployeeMarshfield, WI
Safety and Pay is good for the level of experience I have.
Nothing much, you have your good days and your bad days. So does the management team. It's life.Roehl Transport Response2mo
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about Roehl! We're glad to hear that you appreciate our cornerstone value of Safety and our competitive pay. We understand that every job has its ups and downs, and it's great to see your positive attitude about both work and leadership. If you ever have any suggestions or feedback on how we can make your experience even better, please don't hesitate to reach out
- 5.0Oct 20, 2023RecruiterCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMarshfield, WI
The Main Office in Marshfield has a great work environment and allows lots of opportunities to work across departments and interact with drivers regularly. There are clear expectations and responsibilities outlined for each employee, and direct supervisors work hard to ensure you succeed and have a healthy work/home life balance.
The transportation industry is always on a swivel and can be unpredictable at times, work flow and performance can be easily affected by factors in the transportation industry and it can be difficult to feel consistent at times.Roehl Transport Response2mo
Thank you for sharing your TeamRoehl experience with us. It's great to hear that you've found a positive work environment that encourages collaboration and interaction with our drivers. Our value of Delivering Success guides us to provide clear expectations and support for our employees, including a healthy work-life balance. Your adaptability and commitment to maintaining consistency in an ever-changing industry are commendable, and we appreciate your contributions to TeamRoehl!
- 5.0Oct 6, 2023OTR DriverCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearPhoenix, AZ
What they tell you is what you’ll get, as long as you put in the work, they’ll work with you on your wants and needs. Their gycdl program far exceeds others in the country, and you’ll get good instruction, again, as long as your willing to put in the work.
The only cons I can think of, would be the amount of down time between each phase of training. May sit at home for a week or two. And the pay isn’t great, but what other company pays you at all to get your cdl.Roehl Transport Response2mo
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're pleased to hear that we delivered on your expectations and we sincerely appreciate your comments about GYCDL training quality. Your insight into the downtime between training phases is duly noted. We are continually working to improve our processes to create the best experience possible for our drivers.
- 5.0Sep 28, 2023Systems AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsMarshfield, WI
Great place to work. Has a strong culture and flexibility.
People are held to different levels of standards.Roehl Transport Response3mo
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We appreciate the many years you've spent with TeamRoehl.
- 5.0Sep 10, 2023OTR Truck DriverCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearHinckley, OH
Safety good equipment home time
Not really many to listRoehl Transport Response3mo
Thanks for the great feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to share your TeamRoehl experience with us. Keep up the good work!
- 5.0Aug 29, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Fundamentally, Roehl is built on values, and if you align with Safety, Doing the Right Thing, Delivering Success and Innovation (among others), you'll do well with Roehl.
Roehl offers tons of training and support to drivers and non-drivers alike. To those who "know it all already" or who are not aligned with the company's values, that support can be unwelcome.Roehl Transport Response4mo
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are so fortunate to have you on TeamRoehl.
- 5.0Apr 19, 2023Lease OperatorCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsIndianapolis, IN
Control over your loads, Better pay.
Increased overhead, and risk increases1Roehl Transport Response8mo
Thanks for the great feedback. We're glad you're leased on with TeamRoehl!
- 5.0Mar 9, 2023CSA - Customer Service AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearGary, IN
Generally a great place to work.
Training could use some help..Roehl Transport Response9mo
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.
Roehl Transport Reviews FAQs
Roehl Transport has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 504 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Roehl Transport to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.
66% of Roehl Transport employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Roehl Transport 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.