Roehl Transport Reviews
65% would recommend to a friend
(488 total reviews)
74% approve of CEO
Found 488 of over 504 reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great training especially in Marshfield." (in 33 reviews)
- "If you have a good fleet manager you're good to go." (in 16 reviews)
- "Safety is HUGE and if you feel driving conditions are unsafe they will not push you to make delivery" (in 13 reviews)
- "Excellent training program and get paid to get your CDL" (in 11 reviews)
- "The good people that work there are great." (in 10 reviews)
- "Low pay but to be expected for a starter company." (in 38 reviews)
- "Stressful, high call volume, bad management, just a number" (in 11 reviews)
- "Very restrictive, bad communication, maintenance usually sucks, especially at the Gary terminal." (in 9 reviews)
- "Benefits are 80/20 and expensive." (in 8 reviews)
- "Many of the planners and fleet managers don't seem to know or care about you or their jobs." (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Roehl Transport and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Dec 5, 2023Driver RecruiterCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
The work itself is enjoyable. If you like crying almost daily because you never see your kids, this is the place for you!!
ZERO family/home life balance. Forced to work 45 hours. There isn’t even enough work to keep busy for that long. I get no time with my babies. My children are also being punished because of it. They never see their mom. The 6 minutes a day we have together is not enough. Family is not valued. No give and take. Only take by the company. Taking away these precious years I’ll never get back with my beautiful children. The only reason I haven’t left is because I can’t afford to. It’s sucking the absolute life out of me. I had to start therapy in order to even get through my days.
- 4.0Nov 15, 2023Otr Reefer DriverCurrent Employee
They will work with you to get you home when you need it.
Honestly the pay could be better.Roehl Transport Response4d
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! Ensuring that our driving teammates have a life outside the truck is important to us, so we're happy to hear that you're able to get home when you need to. Our team is constantly innovating driver pay, and we encourage you to connect with your leader to help create a plan for your success. We're glad you're part of TeamRoehl!
- 3.0Nov 14, 2023OTR Flatbed DriverFormer Employee, more than 1 yearAtlanta, GA
Great place to learn, great training
Loading many freight contracts, low miles, lots of waitingRoehl Transport Response3w
Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We agree that Roehl's a great place to start your career, but we also have many driving teammates who have stayed with us or even come to us as experienced drivers. We appreciate your comments and wish you well in the future.
- 3.0Nov 12, 2023Truck DriverFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMarshfield, WI
Newer equipment. The company will try to accommodate your needs and be as supportive as possible.
Pay and better home time balance.Roehl Transport Response3w
Thanks for your comments about the equipment and accommodations made by our team! Our values of Delivering Success and Driver Driven call on us to provide the best possible experience to our driving teammates. We appreciate the feedback about additional training for our team and will share your comments internally as we continue identifying areas for improvement.
- 5.0Nov 10, 2023Class A Truck DriverCurrent EmployeeGary, IN
Good equipment Great safety score Fms work with yoy
Not too pay Miles go low sometimesRoehl Transport Response3w
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're glad to hear you're satisfied with the equipment, leadership, and our cornerstone value of Safety. Thanks for being part of the team!
- 5.0Oct 30, 2023Truck DriverCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPhoenix, AZ
- They will train you for your CDL but you need to give back 120k miles - The pay is fair and you keep going up. After a year, it seems the pay is average. There are other companies that pay better, but there are definitely others that pay worse. - They are SUPER SAFE. They will never ask you to keep going if you feel you are tired or there is any danger. Safety is one of the key points of this company, and the driver and load getting to destination safely. - Good trucks. Pretty new. I've got a Freightliner 2023 now. I did have a 2019 before but for not more than about 5 months.
- I can't think of any normal cons. The company is fair, try to get you fixed as quickly as possible, promote safety checks, etc. Have terminals in various parts of the country. I think it's well-organized. I understand this company is currently #1 on the CSA scores. I understand it is often around the top 3.Roehl Transport Response3w
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're happy to hear that our value of Safety has been central to your experience with TeamRoehl. We're glad you're part of our team and look forward to continued success together in the future.
- 5.0Oct 26, 2023Truck DriverCurrent EmployeeMarshfield, WI
Safety and Pay is good for the level of experience I have.
Nothing much, you have your good days and your bad days. So does the management team. It's life.Roehl Transport Response2mo
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about Roehl! We're glad to hear that you appreciate our cornerstone value of Safety and our competitive pay. We understand that every job has its ups and downs, and it's great to see your positive attitude about both work and leadership. If you ever have any suggestions or feedback on how we can make your experience even better, please don't hesitate to reach out
- 5.0Oct 20, 2023RecruiterCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearMarshfield, WI
The Main Office in Marshfield has a great work environment and allows lots of opportunities to work across departments and interact with drivers regularly. There are clear expectations and responsibilities outlined for each employee, and direct supervisors work hard to ensure you succeed and have a healthy work/home life balance.
The transportation industry is always on a swivel and can be unpredictable at times, work flow and performance can be easily affected by factors in the transportation industry and it can be difficult to feel consistent at times.Roehl Transport Response2mo
Thank you for sharing your TeamRoehl experience with us. It's great to hear that you've found a positive work environment that encourages collaboration and interaction with our drivers. Our value of Delivering Success guides us to provide clear expectations and support for our employees, including a healthy work-life balance. Your adaptability and commitment to maintaining consistency in an ever-changing industry are commendable, and we appreciate your contributions to TeamRoehl!
- 4.0Oct 18, 2023Learning and Development ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMarshfield, WI
Remote/Hybrid opportunities Dedicated and passionate teammates
Departments live in silos Lack of transparency regarding vision, mission, and goalsRoehl Transport Response2mo
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're pleased to hear that you appreciate the remote/hybrid opportunities at Roehl and the dedication of your teammates. We also appreciate your feedback regarding areas where we can grow. We understand the importance of transparent communication about our vision, mission, and goals, especially because our Wall of Values informs everything we do at Roehl. It's our commitment to continuously enhance communication channels within the organization to ensure that everyone is aligned and informed about our direction. We encourage you to reach out if you have any further suggestions or concerns. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we appreciate your contributions to TeamRoehl.
Roehl Transport Reviews FAQs
Roehl Transport has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 504 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Roehl Transport to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.
65% of Roehl Transport employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Roehl Transport 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.