Cover image for Roehl Transport

3.7
Roehl Transport CEO Rick Roehl
Rick Roehl

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great training especially in Marshfield.(in 28 reviews)
  • "If you have a good fleet manager you're good to go.(in 17 reviews)
  • "The good people that work there are great.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Safety is HUGE and if you feel driving conditions are unsafe they will not push you to make delivery(in 9 reviews)
  • "They have the best training program available as far as getting your CDL in Marshfield.(in 9 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay but to be expected for a starter company.(in 32 reviews)
  • "Very restrictive, bad communication, maintenance usually sucks, especially at the Gary terminal.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Many of the planners and fleet managers don't seem to know or care about you or their jobs.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Benefits are 80/20 and expensive.(in 7 reviews)
  • "The same as any over the road driving job; long hours and bad pay for what is demanded of you as a driver.(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Roehl Transport and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good home time.

Oct 8, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ran the 7/7 schedule. Loved the schedule, and I took on odd jobs during the day while at home to help cover the costs of being off for 7 days.

Cons

My 1st dispatcher was awesome, easy to communicate and work with. Then I was assigned a new one, wont name names here but she was a total heifer. Would run until 2-3am then shutdown, gave me a case of the as-s for not logging on to the system by 7am. She couldn't wrap her little mind around logging as off duty, means off duty.

1 person found this review helpful

Roehl Transport Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your input.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Just On Boarding

Nov 25, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver in Gary, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Communication has been amazing, I took my class elsewhere and contacted recruiter during training. They walked me through realistic expectations, brutally honest with pay scale home time and an understanding of how they operate! I appreciate honesty after passing my CDL I was approached by continuous calls with big promises! I feel like I’m going into this with all my questions answered an have done research on Roehl. Roehl has been in top 5 safety fleets since 2003 that in itself should be first a foremost on any drivers questions.

Cons

So far they have been spot on, no complaints.

3. Join the Roehl Transport team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Waste of time. Low pay

Sep 8, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great overall training to get your CDL but that's where it ends.

Cons

Spent a few weeks on the road with a trainer who didn't train much with hands on. Got through testing and was placed with a truck that was not good. Sent to major cities ie Dallas NY Charlotte Memphis St Louis St Paul all while being a rookie in my first weeks "set up to fail". Got a whole $800 check for 70hrs and major stress. Was up against very though maneuvering backing tight city roads that wasn't taught. You'd think they would teach close quarters training before throwing you to the wolves but not the case. I believe now the this company is all about getting Veterans and numbers to line their pockets. Why else would they have 17 people per class per week graduate at multiple locations? Add to the fact that my fleet manager Dave wasn't helpful at all and we hardly spoke. What a s show.

Roehl Transport Response

Roehl drivers are leaders in safety, productivity, and pay, and one of Roehl’s values is Driver Driven – that means Roehl drivers lead the way. Roehl’s training is arguably the best in the trucking industry, and there are so, so many people to help drivers achieve success.

5. 5.0

Diesel Technician

Oct 24, 2022 - Courier Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company benefits and pay.

Cons

I don’t really have a lot of cons about the job except for the days of the week they have me scheduled to come in.

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We really appreciate your kind feedback. Thanks for being a part of TeamRoehl!

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Truck driver

Oct 27, 2022 - Yard Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Safety job security good dispatcher's

Cons

Time management communication and shop time

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We truly value your input.

7. 4.0

Transportation

Oct 18, 2022 - CDL Driver in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good on home time a big plus

Cons

Not always drop&hook live load/ unload can slow you down

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks for the great feedback, we really appreciate your input! We're glad you're part of TeamRoehl.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

What kind?

Oct 14, 2022 - Driver in Marshfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and dispatch would listen to what you had to say

Cons

The trucks was turned down too much

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

9. 5.0

Have to fill this out

Oct 7, 2022 - Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

FTM are the middle men for schedulers

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

10. 4.0

More depth

Oct 8, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teaches you everything about driving and strapping

Cons

Withholds on certains detail in contract

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on your TeamRoehl experience. We appreciate your review!

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Family Company

Oct 3, 2022 - Onboarding Manager in Gary, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive culture with great bosses, regular reviews and raises, fair treatment, family owned business

Cons

Long hours and limited PTO

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with TeamRoehl! We appreciate all you do.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 428 Reviews
</>Embed

Roehl Transport Reviews FAQs

Roehl Transport has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 439 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Roehl Transport to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Roehl Transport employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Roehl Transport. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

65% of Roehl Transport employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Roehl Transport 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Roehl Transport to be culture, coworkers, career development and the cons to be management, benefits, compensation.

Popular Careers with Roehl Transport Job Seekers