KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Roehl Transport

Engaged Employer

Roehl Transport

Add a Review

Roehl Transport Employee Reviews about "driver"

Updated Sep 2, 2020

Found 33 of over 367 reviews

3.6
Roehl Transport CEO Rick Roehl
Rick Roehl
Pros
  • "Run hard and enjoy the fast track to pay as a new driver(in 33 reviews)

• "Can change fleets or fleet managers if your unhappy(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Needs better pay and quicker dispatch(in 25 reviews)

• "Some Fleet managers can ruin your experience here(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Roehl Transport and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "driver"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Aug 8, 2019 - Driver/Business Partner/Instructor in Conley, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

From my personal experience everything that was told to me by the company as a Company Driver OTR, Owner Operator ( Lease Program), Instructor has come to pass. No smoke and mirrors from my own personal experience.

Cons

Need more qualified OTR Driver Trainers

Marketing & Communications Manager

Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your experiences. We appreciate your input!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Roehl paid for my school, paid me a salary while in the school and paid me while I was out with my trainer.

Apr 12, 2019 - SE Regional Owner Operator in Conley, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Training, they will pay for your CDL School (no out of pocket) and they will pay you while you're in CDL school. If you live up to your contract you never pay a dime for training. A lot of fleet options and hometime options. Honest upper management, decent starting pay and owner operator pay. Can change fleets or fleet managers if your unhappy. They do try to make changes to benefit the drivers themselves and always try to improve things for us. Decent miles even for Regional routes. They try to keep you here if you're a good driver. They strive to be a very safe company.

Cons

Where you live usually will determine which fleet you can join and how often they can get you home. Lease program is not a good option for truck purchase with large balloon payments at the end. Some Fleet managers can ruin your experience here. Sometimes communication is not very good especially if your FM does not work weekends. Some driver trainers are not interested in actually training students, but the money the make trying to team drive with a student.

3 people found this review helpful

Marketing & Communications Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We encourage you to reach out to your leadership with any specific concerns so that we can help develop a plan for your success. We appreciate your comments!

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

Not too bad

Sep 2, 2020 - Class A Truck Driver
      Business Outlook

Pros

they were willing to work with me as a new driver and stressed safety

Cons

Weren't too great on home time.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your input.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Former Driver - Now Paying it Forward to New Drivers

Jul 10, 2019 - Orientation Supervisor in Marshfield, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Roehl has opportunities for growth. Both personal and professional. They gave me an opportunity to get out of a job where I wasn't going anywhere and has shown me time and time again the possibilities are endless if you work at it. The fact of the business being family owned and lead by a driver (yes, Rick still drives!) means he can relate to drivers and the "office" drivers work in day in and day out. The newer, well-maintained equipment is certainly a plus as well!

Cons

Safety is the company's cornerstone value. Every decision made in the company is based off that value. Some people have difficulty with that. After being in business for more than 55 years, Roehl has developed techniques that enable success. People may call it "micromanaging." The company just wants the safest drivers out on the road!

3 people found this review helpful

Marketing & Communications Manager

We are so pleased to receive your review! Thank you for taking the time out to share your experiences with us. We are proud to have you as a part of TeamRoehl!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing people

Jul 10, 2019 - Training Manager in Gary, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people you work with are the best part of this job. Every driver I've encountered has been friendly and helpful, especially to one another and even to drivers from other companies. Truck driving itself is to be a part of a community and there is no better one on my mind than the community and family at roehl. It's a team through and through from behind the wheel to the office to the corner office. We look out for one another. I'll never forget when I was newer and my mother's house burned down and the team roehl help fund helped us get through it. My boss helped us get through it. That's not something you get everywhere you go.

Cons

Unpredictability, but it has less to do with roehl and more to do with the outside factors. You have to understand, it is the nature of the beast in trucking to be influenced by things like weather and politics and the economy.

Marketing & Communications Manager

Thank you so much for this genuine, heartfelt review! We love reading about your experiences with us, but most importantly, we love having you on TeamRoehl!

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Family company

Jul 11, 2019 - Recruiter in Marshfield, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been with Roehl for 8 years and feel that Roehl has done a great job with making sure that Family comes first. Its a family own company and they have great benefits for driver and non driver employees. With keeping up with insurance options to offering different hometime opportunities. Family is what keeps us moving forward everyday and Roehl knows that.

Cons

Roehl is known for its training which means we are consistently filling spots every day for the on the job paid training program. Which means we are booking 1 mth out. It may be frustrating to not be able to start asap but I like to think of it as this program is in such demand and great that I rather wait to start my career off right rather than just settle for some other option that might not have the same values. You're a valued employee day one not just a number.

2 people found this review helpful

Marketing & Communications Manager

You have such a model attitude! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very honored to receive your review and have you as part of the Roehl family!

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to get your foot in the door of a career in trucking

Aug 19, 2019 - Driver Trainer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Help you get your cdl and pays you while you train. Dispatch is helpful and will try to get you as many miles as you can. Safety oriented company Best hometime options that I've been able to find Good van and reefer owner operator lease program Good equipment most trucks and trailers are under 4 years old. Maintenance takes care of your truck. If you're a good driver and not hitting anything dispatch and safety leaves you alone Trucks have APUs or have EPUs. Fridges allowed in trucks. (Have to bring own)

Cons

Flatbed owner op program needs a overhaul. Safety department can be quick to pull the trigger but if you cover yourself you will be fine. Cameras in trucks.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Marketing & Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughtful review! It's a pleasure to have you as part of TeamRoehl!

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Hood company

Jun 29, 2019 - Driver in Marshfield, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, home time, managers, terminals, friendly. Stayed out with roehl 2 -3 months at a time pulling reefer brought in 75k year 2 and was set for more year 3. Run hard and enjoy the fast track to pay as a new driver

Cons

Auto shift trucks are taking over

Marketing & Communications Manager

We appreciate you sharing your feedback! We appreciate your input!

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great training

May 9, 2018 - Truck Driver in Gary, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Roehl’s training is among the best. You get paid while you’re trained in their get your CDL program. The instructors actually care about your progress and will bend over backwards to help you. It is a very fast program so you have to be a fast learner. You’re on the hook for $7k so you need to be sure you can do the job for over a year. I was a van national driver for 15 months and was very happy with my miles and paychecks. If you show your fleet manager you are reliable and manage your time you will get the good loads. I was home very consistently on day 12 or 13 and always got 3 days off. It was so consistent I could plan events around when I would get home without even checking with my fleet manager. ( although you should let them know if you have something important you need to be home for)

Cons

The starting pay is decent but it caps out fairly low. It’s a good company for starting but may not be for the long run. The equipment is well taken care of but you’ll get the base model tractor without many features. No refrigerators, no standard inverter. If you want an inverter installed you have to pay for one of theirs and it will only run for 2 hours until it is off for 10.

10 people found this review helpful

Marketing & Communications Manager

Thank you for the feedback.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS. HERE'S WHY...

Feb 28, 2019 - Regional Driver in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Driver orientation is the only legitimate point regarding this company. But it comes with an unjustified and potentially damaging cost.

Cons

Fleet managers having managerial discretion when they are not actual managers. They are dispatchers and are not part of the hiring process and should not be a liaison to Human Resources, acting as an alternative to such, or any other departments within the company. Since everyone in dispatch are classified as managers, there are no supervisors or HR reps at any of the terminal locations. PLEASE NOTE: This Company participates in predatory practices in the form of their debt contractual agreements used in the hiring process of new employees and apply this practice to their orientation class. DO NOT SIGN THESE CONTRACTS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!! Once you sign you are automatically in debt to Roehl, and they can terminate you without cause, especially if they deem you an unfavorable employee. They WILL draft your final paycheck immediately following termination. From recruiters to dispatchers, the employees at this company will lie to you about everything, and are not forthcoming and transparent. They will also interfere with your pay, delay detention pay, dishonor home time requests, and subject you to unprovoked hostility, intentionally poor communication interactions and hostile work environment because they know they have you on the hook with a contract. This is in part how they make their money. They will sell the so-called debt contract to a collections agency. They will also alter your HOS, force loads regardless of safety concerns, AND WILL USE HIRERIGHT AS A REVENGE TACTIC FOR ALL TERMINATED EMPLOYEES. This company also engages in coercion, which is a federal violation of FMCSA.

22 people found this review helpful

Marketing & Communications Manager

Gee, if this is true, we wouldn’t work here either. Fortunately what you list as facts are far from the truth. But don’t take our word for it. Ask our 2,000 + driving teammates who recently nominated Roehl as one of the best fleets to drive for. Ask the hundreds of one, two, three, four and even 5 million mile safe drivers employed at Roehl. Ask the dozens of our teammates who will be honored soon at our annual Awards Banquet where we celebrate Driver Success. And we back up everything we offer in writing to our prospective drivers in their offer letters. Roehl has grown from a one truck operation in 1962 to one of the safest and largest trucking companies in 2019. Our success is built on the values of Safety, Honesty and Driver Success. For over 15 years, Roehl has been named a Top Pay Carrier by the National Transportation Institute. We were recently named one of the best mid-sized employers to work for. We are company built by a driver and led by a driver. Everything we do centers on our drivers. If half of what you say in your review is true, we’d have never experienced the success we have. We stand on that success.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Reviews