KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Roehl Transport

Engaged Employer

Roehl Transport

Add a Review

Roehl Transport Employee Reviews about "fleet manager"

Updated Jun 14, 2022

Found 405 of over 415 reviews

3.6
Roehl Transport CEO Rick Roehl
Rick Roehl

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great training especially in Marshfield.(in 26 reviews)
  • "If you have a good fleet manager you're good to go.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Safety is HUGE and if you feel driving conditions are unsafe they will not push you to make delivery(in 11 reviews)
  • "The good people that work there are great.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Excellent training program and get paid to get your CDL(in 9 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay but to be expected for a starter company.(in 31 reviews)
  • "Very restrictive, bad communication, maintenance usually sucks, especially at the Gary terminal.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Stressful, high call volume, bad management, just a number(in 7 reviews)
  • "Benefits are 80/20 and expensive.(in 6 reviews)
  • "The same as any over the road driving job; long hours and bad pay for what is demanded of you as a driver.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Roehl Transport and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "fleet manager"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Jun 14, 2022 - Truck Driver in Augusta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I would say great pay.

Cons

I would say long hours.

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks so much for the five-star review! We really appreciate you sharing your TeamRoehl experience with us and the community.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company

Jun 14, 2022 - Regional Company Driver in Appleton, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, excellent fleet managers, and pay is consistently correct.

Cons

New tech update causes inside camera on for the sillyest reasons. Get too close to lane lines, too close to vehicle in front, even though you are a mile away. Feels like micro managing through camera technology.

Roehl Transport Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

If you want a job with variety, this is it

May 27, 2022 - Fleet Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love that no two days are the same and I am consistently challenged. Transportation is a fast paced industry and meeting new people has been another benefit of this job.

Cons

10 hour days 5 days a week is the only drawback

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks so much for the great feedback! It's a true pleasure having you on TeamRoehl!

4. 3.0
    Current Employee

Job as a whole

Jun 7, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Training!! If you’re new and you wanna learn the job and career this is a great place for learning the SAFE way!

Cons

Pay is not so great

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks for the great feedback! Our sliding mileage pay scales have helped better compensate our drivers for their time – they’ve been very popular for new drivers and our many experienced driving teammates, too! Please reach out to your Fleet Manager or Operations Manager if you have any concerns about your pay.

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company doesn't change, and that isn't a good thing

Jun 2, 2022 - Office Professional in Marshfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stable company. Competitive pay, but there is so much not to like.

Cons

They promote based on hours worked rather than abilities. If you burn the midnight oil in the office, they seem to think you're worthy of promotion. From what I've seen, they promote people who should not be promoted to manager positions. Values are not always in the best interest of employees as they are not treated fairly. Department leadership needs work with confidentiality. The office space does not allow for privacy. Oftentimes, I hear multiple calls that should be done in private, but the company floorspace redesign moved from traditional cubicles to an open design, and it's not the best approach. Inconsistent leadership across the board. The CEO is relatively in his office all the time and unapproachable. Team meetings are non-existent. If you really value a good culture at your place of employment, this company is not for you. You will be treated like a number rather than a person, and this hasn't changed for the past 20 years. I say this because I used to work here, I left, then came back, thinking things have to have improved over the years. Boy, was I wrong! I'm truly disappointed that a company of this size, who has been in business this long, hasn't improved at all in the way they build leadership and value their employees. I cannot recommend working here, and as soon as I find another suitable job that I like, I intend to resign.

6. 3.0

Decent starter company

May 25, 2022 - Local Truck Driver in Conley, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good training and decent terminals with the exception probably being the Conley terminal. Paid cdl training and decent solo pay depending on your area and fleet.

Cons

Poor communication between dispatchers and drivers. Plans "hopeful" loads and tries to get you to take them outside of appointment times. Fleet management are glorified call center agents that have safety department breathing down their neck to micromanage drivers. Company cares more about the load than drivers. Micromanagement from safety department on minor things. Inward facing cameras that they lie about being able to cover up over time.

1 person found this review helpful

Marketing & Communications Manager

I encourage you to share your concerns with your fleet manager or fleet operations manager. I know for a fact that we care about our teammates and the motoring public – that’s why Safety is our Cornerstone value.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great training and wonderful management

May 11, 2022 - Class A Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Truck upkeep, newer equipment, training, and most management are nice. They also have a wonderful safety record.

Cons

Some management likes to micro manage, trucks are limited to 65 and have efficiency motors which suck at climbing hills.

Roehl Transport Response

Great feedback. Thanks for being a part of TeamRoehl!

8. 4.0

Confused

May 6, 2022 - Class A CDL Professional Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the fleet managers are very good at their jobs Mileage per week is excellent Equipment and safety is also excellent

Cons

Planners, CS and Fleet Managers are not on the same page Pay needs to be more competitive

Roehl Transport Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Love it here

Apr 27, 2022 - Customer Service Agent (CSA) in Marshfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Better work environment, people are more friendly and personal

Cons

I have no bad reviews

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks so much for the excellent feedback! We appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

10. 5.0

Good place!

Apr 5, 2022 - Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to get your CDL Great staff and personally never had any issues with them Great with working with you

Cons

okay rate for owner operators, would like to see them being more competitive and different option

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks so much for the great feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 405 Reviews