KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Roehl Transport

Engaged Employer

Roehl Transport

Add a Review

Roehl Transport Employee Reviews about "fleet managers"

Updated Oct 21, 2021

Found 25 of over 409 reviews

3.6
Roehl Transport CEO Rick Roehl
Rick Roehl

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "CDL training was excellent.(in 23 reviews)
  • "If you have a good fleet manager you're good to go.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Great Training program.(in 11 reviews)
  • "The good people that work there are great.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Safety is HUGE and if you feel driving conditions are unsafe they will not push you to make delivery(in 10 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay but to be expected for a starter company.(in 30 reviews)
  • "Very restrictive, bad communication, maintenance usually sucks, especially at the Gary terminal.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Stressful, high call volume, bad management, just a number(in 7 reviews)
  • "Benefits are 80/20 and expensive.(in 6 reviews)
  • "The same as any over the road driving job; long hours and bad pay for what is demanded of you as a driver.(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Roehl Transport and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "fleet managers"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Roehl is Trustworthy, Pleasant & Nice

Jun 22, 2021 - OTR Truck Driver in Conley, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Roehl cares for their drivers. The support staff (especially my Fleet Manager) goes out of their way to make sure I'm content. They have made several promises to me and have never broken one of them. What they say is what they'll do. They are trustworthy and nice. It's a very pleasant atmosphere! Everyone is upbeat; it's uncanny!

Cons

I'm sure there are cons but none of them stand out to me. Just thought of one; my ELD system is always breaking down. No can seem to fix it and they won't replace it. It sometimes causes me to go to paper logs. The other con is that Roehl tells you where you have to fuel. I can live with those two things however.

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us such a kind review! We truly appreciate the feedback. We're glad you're part of our team.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place to start, limited lanes and customers

May 21, 2021 - Truck Driver in Tullahoma, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

home time no pay issues good Fleet Managers solid and newer equipment great safety culture

Cons

limited travel areas too much NE driving no routes out West too many short runs wasting of time on the 14 hour clock

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us! We're glad you're part of TeamRoehl.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

It’s alright

Oct 21, 2021 - Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

From my experience great team work with fleet managers

Cons

Pay was on the lower side Also I understand safety is a major factor in running a fleet but they can make you feel micromanaged

Roehl Transport Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We appreciate your feedback and the time you spent with TeamRoehl.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Rough Start but good overall

Feb 28, 2021 - Class A Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

While working here I did have very good fleet managers that were attentive to my needs as a driver. Being able to be paid weekly. There is a good amount of company terminals and drop yards in the midwest that make this job easier.

Cons

While working there I had multiple miscommunications between the overnight dispatch and my regular fleet managers that resulted in cancelled or rescheduled loads. I would also have times where I wait for hours until the planners have another load available. There were multiple times during my employment where there was low freight and not enough loads for the week. If you are a company driver there is forced dispatch and you have to have a good reason to try to decline the load.

Roehl Transport Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're sorry to hear of the issues you describe here, and we appreciate your feedback on areas of improvement.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great Job!!

Mar 4, 2021 - Driver/Orientation Instructor/FM in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Roehl has the best training in the industry. Great job opportunities. I started as a driver for Roehl and ended up working my way up to a Fleet manager position. Roehl does care about there drivers. Most people that have negative things to say on here didn't take the time to research what being a truck driver is all about and/or could not cumite to Roehl values. Roehl was probably the best place I have ever worked.

Cons

Being a driver takes away from family life. Make sure you know what your getting into. Have a good foundation at home for when your not their.

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with TeamRoehl!

6. 4.0
    Current Freelancer

Great beginner company

Apr 17, 2021 - Owner Operator in Jonesboro, AR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good miles(average ~2900 a week curtain-side) Fleet manager can be nice Experience

Cons

Pay is not very good Home time for company drivers are not good

Roehl Transport Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your input!

7. 5.0

Excellent Company

Nov 5, 2019 - OTR Driver Trainer in Marshfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent equipment, communication with fleet managers excellent, hardly any downtime. Respectful of requests to avoid NYC (I understand it's only a request). Wonderful home time very flexible. CDL training was excellent. Roehl has kept.every promise they have made to me thus far and I've honored my end as well.

Cons

Overall pay is kinda low

19 people found this review helpful

Marketing & Communications Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us. We will be sharing your words with the team!

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great training

May 9, 2018 - Truck Driver in Gary, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Roehl’s training is among the best. You get paid while you’re trained in their get your CDL program. The instructors actually care about your progress and will bend over backwards to help you. It is a very fast program so you have to be a fast learner. You’re on the hook for $7k so you need to be sure you can do the job for over a year. I was a van national driver for 15 months and was very happy with my miles and paychecks. If you show your fleet manager you are reliable and manage your time you will get the good loads. I was home very consistently on day 12 or 13 and always got 3 days off. It was so consistent I could plan events around when I would get home without even checking with my fleet manager. ( although you should let them know if you have something important you need to be home for)

Cons

The starting pay is decent but it caps out fairly low. It’s a good company for starting but may not be for the long run. The equipment is well taken care of but you’ll get the base model tractor without many features. No refrigerators, no standard inverter. If you want an inverter installed you have to pay for one of theirs and it will only run for 2 hours until it is off for 10.

10 people found this review helpful

Marketing & Communications Manager

Thank you for the feedback.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Roehl paid for my school, paid me a salary while in the school and paid me while I was out with my trainer.

Apr 12, 2019 - SE Regional Owner Operator in Conley, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Training, they will pay for your CDL School (no out of pocket) and they will pay you while you're in CDL school. If you live up to your contract you never pay a dime for training. A lot of fleet options and hometime options. Honest upper management, decent starting pay and owner operator pay. Can change fleets or fleet managers if your unhappy. They do try to make changes to benefit the drivers themselves and always try to improve things for us. Decent miles even for Regional routes. They try to keep you here if you're a good driver. They strive to be a very safe company.

Cons

Where you live usually will determine which fleet you can join and how often they can get you home. Lease program is not a good option for truck purchase with large balloon payments at the end. Some Fleet managers can ruin your experience here. Sometimes communication is not very good especially if your FM does not work weekends. Some driver trainers are not interested in actually training students, but the money the make trying to team drive with a student.

3 people found this review helpful

Marketing & Communications Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We encourage you to reach out to your leadership with any specific concerns so that we can help develop a plan for your success. We appreciate your comments!

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A good company with a few serious flaws

Feb 17, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Roehl is dedicated to safety and maintaining their equipment. They will work with drivers who request additional training; such as backing and tight quarters maneuvering. They will also work to try and get you home when you request. The pay seems competitive with other companies and the dispatchers (aka fleet managers) are generally helpful and considerate.

Cons

I drive a flatbed and find that the amount of time it takes for load securement and tarping is not worth the additional two cents per mile. Roehl expects their drivers to follow their routing, but the process is defective. The driver receives a list of cryptic instructions through the truck PC. This route is supposed to be transcribed to paper and then followed. The truck is equiped with a GPS that the company can use to determine where you are. Trying to read these instructions in heavy traffic and/or in the dark is dangerous. Why they do not take advantage of the existing technology and tell the driver when s/he needs to turn and which lane to be in would be a great improvement.

10 people found this review helpful