Roehl Transport "home time" Reviews | Glassdoor

Roehl Transport Employee Reviews about "home time"

Updated Nov 20, 2019

3.4
Roehl Transport CEO Rick Roehl
Rick Roehl
Pros
Cons
  • "Dispatch will call you during your sleeper time to put loads on you, despite if you're awake enough to take the loads or not(in 25 reviews)

• "Fleet managers having managerial discretion when they are not actual managers(in 20 reviews)

Reviews about "home time"

Return to all Reviews

"Excellent Company"

Current Employee - OTR Driver Trainer in Marshfield, WI

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent equipment, communication with fleet managers excellent, hardly any downtime. Respectful of requests to avoid NYC (I understand it's only a request). Wonderful home time very flexible. CDL training was excellent. Roehl has kept.every promise they have made to me thus far and I've honored my end as well.

Cons

Overall pay is kinda low

Advice to Management

Send preplan to the driver as soon as its assigned. Dont wait till the empty call. An idea of what I'm doing next before I'm sitting at the customer empty figuring it out would be appricated.

Roehl Transport2019-11-05
  2. "Would be zero if I could"

I worked at Roehl Transport

Pros

GYCDL is great program and As soon as done with GYCDL, just get out

Cons

Planners are the worst people here who don't care about your family or home time if you have an honest FM then it's fine otherwise they will try to prove that you're lying but failed with me because I had proof of their lies.

Advice to Management

Tell your FMs and planners to stop lying.

Roehl Transport2019-11-20

"The Roehl Way"

Current Employee - Instructor in Conley, GA

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Honesty- Roehl has been open and honest from day 1. I'm approaching 3 yrs with the company and its been the best experience ever. As with anywhere, if you put the hard work and dedicate yourself to being the best at what you do, your efforts will pay off.

Cons

The one downside with Roehl as far as drivers go is the fact that you earn HOME time. Not so bad right? Its unpaid. So what have you earned? If you can't afford to sit at home for a couple of days that's tough. If its earned time off, it should be compensated for. Look into offering paid time off to show drivers you appreciate the hard work that's put in.

Advice to Management

Paid time off for drivers

Roehl Transport2019-08-19

"Hood company"

Former Employee - Driver in Marshfield, WI

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay, home time, managers, terminals, friendly. Stayed out with roehl 2 -3 months at a time pulling reefer brought in 75k year 2 and was set for more year 3. Run hard and enjoy the fast track to pay as a new driver

Cons

Auto shift trucks are taking over

Roehl Transport2019-06-29

"Over the road truck driver"

Former Employee - Class A Truck Driver

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay Flexible home time

Cons

Non prorated contract Low miles

Roehl Transport2019-03-07

"AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS. HERE'S WHY..."

Former Employee - Regional Driver in Dallas, TX

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time for more than a year

Pros

Driver orientation is the only legitimate point regarding this company. But it comes with an unjustified and potentially damaging cost.

Cons

Fleet managers having managerial discretion when they are not actual managers. They are dispatchers and are not part of the hiring process and should not be a liaison to Human Resources, acting as an alternative to such, or any other departments within the company. Since everyone in dispatch are classified as managers, there are no supervisors or HR reps at any of the terminal locations. PLEASE NOTE: This... Company participates in predatory practices in the form of their debt contractual agreements used in the hiring process of new employees and apply this practice to their orientation class. DO NOT SIGN THESE CONTRACTS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!! Once you sign you are automatically in debt to Roehl, and they can terminate you without cause, especially if they deem you an unfavorable employee. They WILL draft your final paycheck immediately following termination. From recruiters to dispatchers, the employees at this company will lie to you about everything, and are not forthcoming and transparent. They will also interfere with your pay, delay detention pay, dishonor home time requests, and subject you to unprovoked hostility, intentionally poor communication interactions and hostile work environment because they know they have you on the hook with a contract. This is in part how they make their money. They will sell the so-called debt contract to a collections agency. They will also alter your HOS, force loads regardless of safety concerns, AND WILL USE HIRERIGHT AS A REVENGE TACTIC FOR ALL TERMINATED EMPLOYEES. This company also engages in coercion, which is a federal violation of FMCSA.

Advice to Management

You are the very reason why there is a driver shortage. You ignore treating drivers as actual employees and do not apply federal labor laws and/or rights to them. Instead you view them as contractual obligations. ALL of your employees should have access to Human Resources reps on site, but they don't. You blatantly engage in a greedy predatory practice of willfully and unjustly applying $7000 of phantom debts to new... employees for a one week new hire orientation. Absolutely ridiculous!! Who charges newly hired employees for orientation??? You are the ONLY so-called company do such a despicable thing. Consciously using Hireright to ruin and damage all employees terminated in an effort to suppress and render subjects inability for employment makes you THE worst company doing business. You should be investigated, audited and shut down

Roehl Transport2019-02-28

"Flatbed OTR"

Former Employee - OTR Flatbed Driver in East Saint Louis, IL

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is really no pros to this company.

Cons

The pay is terrible. You have to do a couple weeks just to get a couple of days off. Also they want you to sign a contract don’t do it leave the bonus please. They claim to have national flatbed routes but you’ll only stay in the Midwest. Please don’t be fooled. Way to many companies that’ll pay 1,200-1,600 weekly with home time weekly don’t settle for less.

Roehl Transport2019-01-16

"Great starting company for drivers"

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time

Pros

Great company cares about its drivers. If you have a good fleet manager you're good to go. Nice flexible home time.

Cons

Pay not as much as other companies.

Roehl Transport2018-02-03

"Not a bad job"

Current Employee - Dedicated Driver in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Roehl Transport full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good pay good benifits friendly

Cons

Not enough home time only 1 full day off

Advice to Management

None

Roehl Transport2017-10-31

"Driver flatbed"

Former Employee - Professional Truck Driver

I worked at Roehl Transport full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good miles and Becky fleet manager is awesome

Cons

Rail road you... i havent done drugs they did 4 tests on me in two months and i failed tge last one. They fired me for the positive test. I told them i would redo a test immediately and they said no. There is no way i failed. I got another job less than a week later did the test and passed so the test is not valid!!! Also the pay and home time is not good as well.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and listen!!!

Roehl Transport2017-11-21