What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The phase 1 training, out of the Appleton, WI terminal, was great." (in 32 reviews)
- "If you have a good fleet manager you're good to go." (in 16 reviews)
- "Safety is HUGE and if you feel driving conditions are unsafe they will not push you to make delivery" (in 11 reviews)
- "The good people that work there are great." (in 10 reviews)
- "Great Training program." (in 10 reviews)
- "Low pay but to be expected for a starter company." (in 35 reviews)
- "Stressful, high call volume, bad management, just a number" (in 10 reviews)
- "Benefits are 80/20 and expensive." (in 9 reviews)
- "Very restrictive, bad communication, maintenance usually sucks, especially at the Gary terminal." (in 9 reviews)
- "The same as any over the road driving job; long hours and bad pay for what is demanded of you as a driver." (in 7 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Roehl Transport and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 46 of over 490 reviews
Updated Sep 21, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "management"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0May 7, 2016OTR Truck Driver - Dry Van NationalCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Excellent training program and trainers Safety is the number one priority Employee website/app is filled with information that is useful Coworkers OTR are friendly Good Pay system Equipment is well maintained 401 and other benefits
Likely this does not apply to all but it is my experience... I have lost all trust for my FM Difficult to contact FM via phone A lot of deceiving info from FM and upper management Many lies trying to justify 2000 mile weeks Going back on their words Problems or questions regarding pay, miles and home time are not resolved in a timely manner and are often not addressed and forgotten about Personal needs/issues (within reason) are not a priority Night dispatchers answers for everythin is 'wait h til am when your FM gets in' Co-Pilot navigation system in the trucks are not up to date, inaccurate and more a nuisance then an asset yet are expected to use it still Good loads are often taken away and given to drivers that are leasing a truck(even after dispatched) FM believes that if you have 3 hrs on your clock, that you can drive for the entire 3 hrs. Not realizing parking may be limited and you might have to shut down after 2 hrs of driving National drivers who are out for a month at a time are low man on totem pole when come to loads and getting home on time6
- 5.0Apr 5, 2018Driver Employment SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsMarshfield, WI
I have been employed with Roehl Transport for almost ten years. I am a Driver Employment Specialist and I have contact with many individuals that join our driving team. From an office employee standpoint, Roehl is top notch. I have worked in numerous positions within the company and I have been encouraged by management to continue to advance my career at Roehl. I am often provided with in house training to sharpen my skill set, and they also offer tuition reimbursement so that I may grow academically as well. The individuals that I hire will often follow up with me after they start their driving career at Roehl. The feedback that I receive from these individuals is how Roehl makes them feel like more than just a number. We care if they succeed and we value the work that they do. In addition, the equipment that our drivers are issued is very new and well maintained. As a grand finale, safety is our cornerstone value and our teammates know that we just won't compromise for anything less than the best in that area.
There is continuous improvement that happens at Roehl, so if there ever is a downside, if you convey the issues, there is usually a way to correct the problems and move past them.1Roehl Transport Response6y
Great feedback and review. Thank you so much!